By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
RolStoppable said:
Is the reasoning in the OP serious? I didn't read anything else in the thread.

Yes. He's dead serious.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:
I actually want Sony to go third party more, but I realize how stupid that sounds, so I tend to just keep my mouth shut.

Sony has built an entire set of services around playstation and is only adding on it, plus is the market leader and the strongest hardware brand out there. Sure, they could go third party in the future, but it makes zero sense right now.

Yup it makes no sense for them, but it makes a lot of sense for me. The only thing the Sony offers me is their games, but I'd be better off if they just released everything on PC, which I already own.  If I buy a PS4 it'll just be hooked up to the exact same display as my desktop. Once I actually start the game there will be zero difference between playing on the PS4 and playing on my PC. Why pay the $250, then? It's just a worthless brick to me without those exclusive. At least the Switch can be played on the go, or on the toilet. That feature gives the hardware itself something of value to me. It at least does one thing that my PC could never do.

Only if Switch fails (50-55% chance)

BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:

Yup it makes no sense for them, but it makes a lot of sense for me. The only thing the Sony offers me is their games, but I'd be better off if they just released everything on PC, which I already own.  If I buy a PS4 it'll just be hooked up to the exact same display as my desktop. Once I actually start the game there will be zero difference between playing on the PS4 and playing on my PC. Why pay the $250, then? It's just a worthless brick to me without those exclusive. At least the Switch can be played on the go, or on the toilet. That feature gives the hardware itself something of value to me. It at least does one thing that my PC could never do.

Then it's a lose win situation and not the same thing being discussed here, sorry.

But Nintendo going third party is win-win? That's debatable.

This stupid topic rears it's ugly head again. How did going third party work for Sega. Sega was a top notch developer that make a great game in any genre. Now you just hope they release something decent. I don't agree with a lot of the things Nintendo does but part of what allows them to make the types of games that they do is creating their on platform. People complain about Nintendo making too many Mario and Zelda titles. That would only get worse as a 3rd party developer. You could kiss IPs like Fire Emblem goodbye.

Around the Network

Nintendo should go third party.

Sony should add mobile to the PS4 platform.

Apple should release a console, and a handheld version of the iPhone.

Microsoft should release a Xbox handheld.

There are many things that all of these companies should do, that would greatly improve their business and create a better market. Will they happen, who knows. I really hope that at least a couple of the above happen though.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Is this not essentially veiled port begging? Doesn't everyone get onto Nintendo fans for port begging?

Yes.
Games = Incredible
Hardware = Shit and limiting games

I don't think a situation where Nintendo goes third party would work out quite like what many of you have in mind.
I mean, you don't actually believe Nintendo would go on as usual but with PS/Xbox/PC as target platforms, do you?

BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:

But Nintendo going third party is win-win? That's debatable.

That's written in the OP, also yes, it is, this is a forum, and some people are debating it already, plus I already took at least one of their points as something I didn't consider here openly, even as it doesn't change the outcome of my reasoning.

Just face facts, you can't discuss this topic without a good chunk of people getting irrationally angry and insulting.  When people have their ego tied to one company only, suggesting that company change is the same to them as if you drove a knife into their heart.  It's kind of funny but also kind of not.  Not only are they offended but they're offended on for the sake of a corporation.

You're just not going to get a civil and rational response by and large.

However, it is highly entertaining.