By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we agree Nintendo should go third party, now?

Tagged games:

So?

Shaddup, you Pony! 676 36.13%

Switch > PC/PS4/XBO 376 20.10%

I can buy them all, anyway 99 5.29%

Nintendon't need more 29 1.55%

Keep only doing handhelds 81 4.33%

Maybe one more gen... 78 4.17%

Sounds good! 277 14.80%

I have always wanted it... 90 4.81%

Don't care about Nintendo 125 6.68%

Sonic > Mario 40 2.14%

Total:1,871
BraLoD said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Why PS4? Since everyone have Sony Xeperia smartphone with AndroidOS installed, you can buy Super Mario Run or download Pokemon GO. Yeah! Nintendo games on Sony's smartphones! Problem solved!

#Watchoutwegotabadasshere

Who said PS4? OP addresses it going multiplat (PC/PS4/XBO)

My bad i missed typed edited, although i'm gonna say no. Nintendo won't make their games too serious for multiplat, it will get worse... You will ended up an expensive price, say 16 bucks per small game and will be 100% digital only.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Hopefully. Wouldn't they sell more games if they were multiplat?

Wouldn't any company sell more games if they were multiplat? 

Ka-pi96 said:
Hapuc12 said:

You do know that there is a cost to develop for PC then on PS/Xbox to be packed in dev kits to make them run.

Pc you have to develop individualy,PS4/Xbox they all have their individial Dev kits they cost they aren't given for free.

I don't know but shit ton of games on Ps4/Xbox passed a million easy and they were full triple a multiplat games.

Actually there are quite a few that are given for free and I have no doubt at all that if Nintendo wanted to develop on one of the other consoles they`d get free dev kits. Besides, aren`t they making Switch games with UE4 now anyway?

I don't think so they have their own engines for their hardware,i think Switch will be Supporting games build on UE4.

Well it's all speculation,but the fact of the matter is they aren't gonna make any games for anything else for a foreseeable future and it depends very little if the switch fails,and i wouldn't want it any other way as long as the competition is healthy everything is good.

Pretty sure Big companies have back up plans when shit hits the fan if it came to shutting down but who knows. 

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

Not necessarily. Releasing on more platforms just gives the potential to sell more games, it doesn`t guarantee it. In some cases (smaller games) the additional attention it would get as an exclusive rather than a multiplat means it would probably sell less as a multiplat.

Well i disagree. If a game like lets say UC4 came out on PC XB1 it would have sold more. Those that bought it would have still got it and those that don't own a PS4 and want it would have been able to buy it on their platform of choice. 

Oh yeah let's keep the two other unpersonnal and super similar that'll be so boring. And Nintendo would pull a Sega and make disappointing games instead of hardwares that disappoint non-fans.
Might as well go PC then, and forget Sony and Microsoft.
PC+Nintendo console is the way, superior games on PC, originality on Nintendo.

Wanting less competition is plain stupid, it's what pushes the others to work hard and not just feel like they're the only ones so whatever crap they pull out, people will have it.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

Not necessarily. Releasing on more platforms just gives the potential to sell more games, it doesn`t guarantee it. In some cases (smaller games) the additional attention it would get as an exclusive rather than a multiplat means it would probably sell less as a multiplat.

So you agree Nintendo shouldn't go third party, because a lot of their smaller games, that do make up their charm, wouldn't necessarily do better, and since they wouldn't do better a lot of the smaller sections of nintendo would be shut down like what has been happening recently with the rest of the publishers! PICK A SIDE KAPI!

BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:
I actually want Sony to go third party more, but I realize how stupid that sounds, so I tend to just keep my mouth shut.

Sony has built an entire set of services around playstation and is only adding on it, plus is the market leader and the strongest hardware brand out there. Sure, they could go third party in the future, but it makes zero sense right now.

So does marketing a "powerhouse" that can't compare to a PC and certainly can't do real 4k.

There is no point in going for so much power on a console in so little time. 

They only accelerated the idea of obsolete, by that, I mean they won't be able to go on like this. 

That is part of why VR comes up.

BraLoD said:
Trunkin said:
I actually want Sony to go third party more, but I realize how stupid that sounds, so I tend to just keep my mouth shut.

Sony has built an entire set of services around playstation and is only adding on it, plus is the market leader and the strongest hardware brand out there. Sure, they could go third party in the future, but it makes zero sense right now.

Ok, that's a good point. But then I can say it makes no sense for Nintendo either. They are the market leader for handhelds.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

No. But, can we all agree that every "console fan" wishes other console makers go third party? Yes.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:

So you agree Nintendo shouldn't go third party, because a lot of their smaller games, that do make up their charm, wouldn't necessarily do better, and since they wouldn't do better a lot of the smaller sections of nintendo would be shut down like what has been happening recently with the rest of the publishers! PICK A SIDE KAPI!

Well I`m on the `go third party` side solely for the selfish reason of wanting to play games on hardware I like. That doesn`t mean that I can`t see the potential negatives behinds such a move too

Honestly I am on your side as well (If you were actually on discord, I gave you a response), but it would really kill the charm filled games honestly I can see games like Fire Emblem never being made for dedicated gaming devices ever if it happened. People have to understand Vita's void in Japan is about to happen as well, and the PS4 isn't going to fill that, mobile is, and if switch is lucky it might help.