By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Confirmed Switch Titles

Hiku said:

I Am Setsuna (March 2017)

Super Bomberman R (March 2017)

Could they really not get these March games ready for launch? Or did they delay them on purpose so that people can only buy Nintendo's own games at launch?

Anyway, nice to see an RPG out for the system early. And Mario Kart in April is better than I expected after hearing nothing about it at the press conference.

Third parties have never wanted to compete with Nintendo games because it was always a losing battle, Zelda is something no one else really wants to take on which is understandable tbh as any other game in that period is going to be buried.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Wyrdness said:

Third parties have never wanted to compete with Nintendo games because it was always a losing battle, Zelda is something no one else really wants to take on which is understandable tbh as any other game in that period is going to be buried.

Yeah, I guess that's probably what happened. But the only big launch game is Zelda, and some people want to buy more than one game.

I don't get it either. Is Super Bomberman  R an exclusive???? I feel like tehy hardly marketed that game and that seems like the kind of game that fans have been asking for for a long time. I could only find "for Nintendo Switch" whenever I looked it up online. Hope it gets proper advertising cause t hat looks pretty cool. 

Hiku said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

I don't get it either. Is Super Bomberman  R an exclusive???? I feel like tehy hardly marketed that game and that seems like the kind of game that fans have been asking for for a long time. I could only find "for Nintendo Switch" whenever I looked it up online. Hope it gets proper advertising cause t hat looks pretty cool. 

Haven't played Bomberman since Bomberman 64, but that trailer gave me the feels of playing that game back in the day.

Just looked at the official Konami website. It is confirmed exclusive.

I think they should have advertised that a lot more. That'd be like a Pac Man World 4 coming out on Switch as an exclusive and getting no marketing. Never played Bomberman though lol. Looks cool. I probably will get it when the systems hardware goes to a lower price. The system and accessories is too expensive, and even if i bought it at launch I would have to only by the most important stuff right away.

Hiku said:
Wyrdness said:

Yeah, I guess that's probably what happened. But the only big launch game is Zelda, and some people want to buy more than one game. Would have been a great opportunity for those games to get extra attention.

Btw, 1-2 Switch looks like something you'd find for free on the app store. I hope they're selling it at a really low price, if the trailer is any indication on what to expect.

So just to update, there is a Analyst at Niko Partners tweeting every "March 2017" title as a launch title for the system 

But his source is the nintendo site which JUST SAYS march 2017

the free game download is one NES or SNES game, seriously? Not even something new and modern. It better not be particularly expensive.

As for games, it's incredibly disappointing. Mario, Zelda and Splatoon this year are the only big games so far. Might try Disgaea 5 Complete just to play something. I think Stardew Valley would be perfect for the Switch so I would get that too. But from the promise of an incredible first year to this is really disheartening.

Around the Network
celador said:
the free game download is one NES or SNES game, seriously? Not even something new and modern. It better not be particularly expensive.

As for games, it's incredibly disappointing. Mario, Zelda and Splatoon this year are the only big games so far. Might try Disgaea 5 Complete just to play something. I think Stardew Valley would be perfect for the Switch so I would get that too. But from the promise of an incredible first year to this is really disheartening.

I totally agree 60 a year for that is too much. 

Acevil said:
celador said:

everyone is misunderstanding this. You only get the game to play for one month. And you get a different game to play the next month.

superchunk said:
Acevil said:

everyone is misunderstanding this. You only get the game to play for one month. And you get a different game to play the next month.

Well I meant the price for that is horrible. I do think if it was 30 a year, it is fine. 

superchunk said:
Acevil said:

so it's even worse than it sounds

That's a great list and there is a very good chance we will be adding games such as these to the library as well. Expect maybe seeing some trailers for these below for 2018 games.

Pokémon main series (stars?)
Metroid main series game
Pikmin 4
Fire Emblem main series game
Smash Bros deluxe or new game
Animal Crossing
Monster Hunter game