By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Confirmed Switch Titles

Captain_Yuri said:
So apart from BoTW. So far there is fuck all else available for launch that I care about so far. Lets see what else its gonna get.

I think I am not gonna touch the order button until I know more about the paid online part

yeah its kind of crazy that potentially Zelda is the only big launch title. Talk about a one dimensional direction. I mean I dig Zelda, probably my favorite franchise of all time- but its not exactly fun to get a new game system with only one big title to care about. Sometimes people like to, you know, take a break back and forth from different games.

and I totally agree with another poster in this thread- something like commissioning Sega to bring back an exclusive Monkey Ball game would have been GREAT. hell any exclusive fun big third party game. Or bringing back a popular first party. But there's just like an absense 

most of the things in the OP's list are either just late ports OR rereleases. Or the few that are original didn't show any footage and we have no idea on Earth if/when they could be released (if even in 2017)

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:

and I totally agree with another poster in this thread- something like commissioning Sega to bring back an exclusive Monkey Ball game would have been GREAT. hell any exclusive fun big third party game. Or bringing back a popular first party. But there's just like an absense 

most of the things in the OP's list are either just late ports OR rereleases. Or the few that are original didn't show any footage and we have no idea on Earth if/when they could be released (if even in 2017)

I can't tell cause i'm not a bomberman fan...is THAT exclusive to the Switch? I've only seen it with the Switch logo. 

Also i just deliver the news. Don't shoot the messenger lol jk jk. 

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01/13/xenoblade-chronicles-2-nintendo-switch-confirmed-2017-gets-bit-info-screenshots/

Xenoblade 2 2017

Well, the actual launch looks a bit weak right now, but the Switch seem to have quite a few great games incoming!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

mountaindewslave said:
Captain_Yuri said:
So apart from BoTW. So far there is fuck all else available for launch that I care about so far. Lets see what else its gonna get.

I think I am not gonna touch the order button until I know more about the paid online part

yeah its kind of crazy that potentially Zelda is the only big launch title. Talk about a one dimensional direction. I mean I dig Zelda, probably my favorite franchise of all time- but its not exactly fun to get a new game system with only one big title to care about. Sometimes people like to, you know, take a break back and forth from different games.

Honestly, I am not gonna see Zelda as a system seller for me. Not cause it isn't going to be an amazing game cause it 110% is but as soon as it comes out on the wiiU, I will be able to play it on my PC via emulation considering how crazy the progress has been so far. At worst, I will borrow my friend's wiiU and play it.

Just God damn it. If the online was free, I would have ordered it. $300? Fine, 2.5 hour battery? Fine. I can deal with those... But Paid God Damn Online? Specially since my most played games each Nintendo generation is MK and SSB. I just urghhghghggh

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
rjason12 said:
http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01/13/xenoblade-chronicles-2-nintendo-switch-confirmed-2017-gets-bit-info-screenshots/

Xenoblade 2 2017

HOLY SHIT

XENOBLADE THIS EARLY? 

Online service only gives you the NES/SNES game free for ONE month. This better be really cheap.

Captain_Yuri said:
mountaindewslave said:

Honestly, I am not gonna see Zelda as a system seller for me. Not cause it isn't going to be an amazing game cause it 110% is but as soon as it comes out on the wiiU, I will be able to play it on my PC via emulation considering how crazy the progress has been so far. At worst, I will borrow my friend's wiiU and play it.

Just God damn it. If the online was free, I would have ordered it. $300? Fine, 2.5 hour battery? Fine. I can deal with those... But Paid God Damn Online? Specially since my most played games each Nintendo generation is MK and SSB. I just urghhghghggh

But you're getting free online for months and even when the paid service comes out it gives you a free trial first automatically. Also 2.5 horu battery will probably be for completely switch oriented games aka really demanding games. So...........why not just buy it day one? If you're complaining just about paid online you wouldn't have to worry about it for almost a year. 

Captain_Yuri said:

Wait, what?  Really?

Hm.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Captain_Yuri said:

But you're getting free online for months and even when the paid service comes out it gives you a free trial first automatically. Also 2.5 horu battery will probably be for completely switch oriented games aka really demanding games. So...........why not just buy it day one? If you're complaining just about paid online you wouldn't have to worry about it for almost a year. 

Because afterwords, I will have to pay for it and I want to know exactly what that service includes before I judge the value of my purchase. If say the value of the online service is terrible compared to its competitors, then I might not buy the switch at all until SSB5 as well as many other games come out and the value of the entire package makes sense to me.

And we don't really know what falls under the whole "really demanding games."

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850