By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Confirmed Switch Titles

Hey, didn't know Afterbirth was confirmed. That's great. Hope it gets Afterbirth+ as well.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Honestly, I am not gonna see Zelda as a system seller for me. Not cause it isn't going to be an amazing game cause it 110% is but as soon as it comes out on the wiiU, I will be able to play it on my PC via emulation considering how crazy the progress has been so far. At worst, I will borrow my friend's wiiU and play it.

Just God damn it. If the online was free, I would have ordered it. $300? Fine, 2.5 hour battery? Fine. I can deal with those... But Paid God Damn Online? Specially since my most played games each Nintendo generation is MK and SSB. I just urghhghghggh

Wait, what?  Really?

Hm.

Yeaa

Now it still has some bugs like audio and some slowdowns here and there but thats getting fixed. The fact that he is able to play Bayonetta at 4k pretty smoothly with an i5 750 and a 970 is really good progress.

But anyway, I am not gonna derail the thread any further with emulation.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

But you're getting free online for months and even when the paid service comes out it gives you a free trial first automatically. Also 2.5 horu battery will probably be for completely switch oriented games aka really demanding games. So...........why not just buy it day one? If you're complaining just about paid online you wouldn't have to worry about it for almost a year. 

Because afterwords, I will have to pay for it and I want to know exactly what that service includes before I judge the value of my purchase. If say the value of the online service is terrible compared to its competitors, then I might not buy the switch at all until SSB5 as well as many other games come out and the value of the entire package makes sense to me.

And we don't really know what falls under the whole "really demanding games."

so...you're not going to buy it because of a paid online service that everyone will have information about as soon as it launches in fall ... because it might be bad? Isn't the logical conclusion to buy the switch in fall after people get their hands on the service, or to buy it and stick it out? Makes much more sense than just yelling over a service we don't know about honestly.

Captain_Yuri said:

Because afterwords, I will have to pay for it and I want to know exactly what that service includes before I judge the value of my purchase. If say the value of the online service is terrible compared to its competitors, then I might not buy the switch at all until SSB5 as well as many other games come out and the value of the entire package makes sense to me.

And we don't really know what falls under the whole "really demanding games."

so...you're not going to buy it because of a paid online service that everyone will have information about as soon as it launches in fall ... because it might be bad? Isn't the logical conclusion to buy the switch in fall after people get their hands on the service, or to buy it and stick it out? Makes much more sense than just yelling over a service we don't know about honestly.

Well, I am not going to never buy it. I am just not gonna buy it day 1. After the service is announced/shown, I will see if it makes sense and then either buy it or not.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

Well, I am not going to never buy it. I am just not gonna buy it day 1. After the service is announced/shown, I will see if it makes sense and then either buy it or not.

Oh ok...that makes much more sense. I thought you were saying you literally weren't buying it at all this year.  I might wait too for Fall to see if the online is good or not.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Oh ok...that makes much more sense. I thought you were saying you literally weren't buying it at all this year.  I might wait too for Fall to see if the online is good or not.

Nahh, if the paid service makes sense, I will probably buy it during the holiday season since there will probably be a bundle or something.

Edited for better wording

You can add Rayman Legends Definitive Edition to the list, which is pretty sad considering I was hoping it was a brand new Rayman game.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/13/rayman-legends-definitive-edition-announced-for-nintendo-switch

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Captain_Yuri said:

Nahh, if the online service makes sense, I will probably buy it during the holiday season since there will probably be a bundle or something.

The online is free until the fall though?

Why not get it right away and try out the online 'yourself' for a few months and decide if it's worth purchasing instead of reading what people think online?

superchunk said:
Online service only gives you the NES/SNES game free for ONE month. This better be really cheap.

At least Xone and PS4 give multiple games a month including some nice titles like rocket league from time to time. When does Nintendo learn most gamers are not waiting for NES and SNES games anymore.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

superchunk said:
Online service only gives you the NES/SNES game free for ONE month. This better be really cheap.

Online apparently is also going to be a feature for SNES games.

Also, BlazBlue is confirmed to go to the Switch as well.