By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Stars Confirmed? (gamestop)

Wyrdness said:

That is a terrible argument he's right your logic has no ground here, MK8 for a start has outsold the majority of games this gen while being on the smallest userbase this highly contradicts your argument. Wii was already selling highly and was at around 30m units by the time MK Wii arrived, if Wii U was at the same sales rate we'd be looking at the best selling MK title by miles, people bought Wiis because it was vastly affordable and well marketed.

Attach rate doesn't indicate the aren't any games on a platform by that logic you're saying GTA only sells because the's nothing on the platforms it's on.

No we wouldn't be seeing the highest selling MK game, because the attach rate can't be extrapolated. People who had interest in MK Wii bought Wiis, and people who had interest in MK8 bought Wii U's. Then the sales indicate the amount of interest.

I'm saying GTA sell because people have interest in that game. If the attach rate is high while there's only a limited number of games people buy, then there has to be a lack of interest in other games than GTA.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:

No we wouldn't be seeing the highest selling MK game, because the attach rate can't be extrapolated. People who had interest in MK Wii bought Wiis, and people who had interest in MK8 bought Wii U's. Then the sales indicate the amount of interest.

I'm saying GTA sell because people have interest in that game. If the attach rate is high while there's only a limited number of games people buy, then there has to be a lack of interest in other games than GTA.

No we would, people were already buying Wiis long before MKWii and would have bought the Wii even if the game wasn't on the Wii the same can't be said of the Wii U which is the flaw in your logic. Attach rate wouldn't be 70% yes but it would still be higher than what MKWii achieved.

You're really off key on this one attach rate is nowhere near the logic you're trying to push, both GTA and MK have good attach rates because they have a reputation of being consistent high quality franchises that are accessible. This is why the more people who are on the platform the higher they sell regardless of the library.

jonathanalis said:
Aerys said:

Thats exactly what people disliked thé msot about this gen, making this gen less necessary,too much port, and it seems Nintendo is going full in with ports of games from last gen or cross gen games , based on rumors thzy could even break thé record of ports in à first year.

How about Assassins creed 4, CoD, fifa 14, NBA 2k14, lego marvel super heroes, just dance 2014 and every other game that released on ps4 in 2013 that were also on PS3? There were tons of them. And I cant see diference between them and TLOU of GTAV. Is just the PS4 version of the game. Even if all rumors are correct, switch would never break this record.

Oh yes it would easily with Zelda, Pokémon, SSB, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, probably just dance like every home console Nintendo since Wii, Xenoblade X, etc+ some other third party games like Lego City , Dark Souls ,Rayman Legends , and some other games.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Wyrdness said:

No we would, people were already buying Wiis long before MKWii and would have bought the Wii even if the game wasn't on the Wii the same can't be said of the Wii U which is the flaw in your logic. Attach rate wouldn't be 70% yes but it would still be higher than what MKWii achieved.

You're really off key on this one attach rate is nowhere near the logic you're trying to push, both GTA and MK have good attach rates because they have a reputation of being consistent high quality franchises that are accessible. This is why the more people who are on the platform the higher they sell regardless of the library.

People who buy Mario Kart and GTA are people who have interest in Mario Kart and GTA, nobody else. Yes, the logic behind many of the publishers is, that if they put out a game on a system with 100 million userbase, and one percent of people buy it, you're selling a million copies.

Already owning a system isn't going to make you to buy your game on it, it just makes you less likely not to do so.

If there's an average of five games people own on a system, as somebody said on this thread, then there must be lots of people who buy a system for one or two games, because there are people like me, who own rather 50 games per system. Why did these 1-5 games sell Wiis but not Wii U's?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:

People who buy Mario Kart and GTA are people who have interest in Mario Kart and GTA, nobody else. Yes, the logic behind many of the publishers is, that if they put out a game on a system with 100 million userbase, and one percent of people buy it, you're selling a million copies.

Already owning a system isn't going to make you to buy your game on it, it just makes you less likely not to do so.

If there's an average of five games people own on a system, as somebody said on this thread, then there must be lots of people who buy a system for one or two games, because there are people like me, who own rather 50 games per system. Why did these 1-5 games sell Wiis but not Wii U's?

You've literally said nothing here and some of it isn't very coherant tbh, for a start the's more to selling a console then just software the is pricing, concept, marketing etc... Wii was vastly affordable even during a time of recession, it was heavily marketed, it was easy to distinguish from any other platform, the was an easily understandable concept etc... Wii U suffered from consumer confusion because of poor naming which even today some people still think it's an add on for the Wii, no marketing, pricing that is far from competitive this alone can kill a platform as the price is in range of the PS4, poor communication of the concept, abandonment of the blue ocean approach etc... No game is going to save a platform from all of this. If the Wii had these same problems the platform would have bombed just as hard with the same games or not.

Guess what generates interest, reputation and quality, this is how MKWii and MKDS sold more than previous installments, many buyers of the Wii were new gamer and had never played a game before they just heard MK is good and gave it a try. This is how these games have good attach rate.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

You've literally said nothing here and some of it isn't very coherant tbh, for a start the's more to selling a console then just software the is pricing, concept, marketing etc... Wii was vastly affordable even during a time of recession, it was heavily marketed, it was easy to distinguish from any other platform, the was an easily understandable concept etc... Wii U suffered from consumer confusion because of poor naming which even today some people still think it's an add on for the Wii, no marketing, pricing that is far from competitive this alone can kill a platform as the price is in range of the PS4, poor communication of the concept, abandonment of the blue ocean approach etc... No game is going to save a platform from all of this. If the Wii had these same problems the platform would have bombed just as hard with the same games or not.

Guess what generates interest, reputation and quality, this is how MKWii and MKDS sold more than previous installments, many buyers of the Wii were new gamer and had never played a game before they just heard MK is good and gave it a try. This is how these games have good attach rate.

The important thing in you post was abandoning blue ocean. This is my point. Everything Nintendo accomplished with Wii was lost when they went back to making Gamecube-esque games. And it was the games why Gamecube did not sell. It was the games why Wii U did not sell.

Yes, people heard Mario Kart is a good game on Wii and DS and bought it, this is not what they hear about MK8. 

Now, I don't disagree with the branding and marketing being bad, but eventually nobody cared about the system because the games were bad.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:

The important thing in you post was abandoning blue ocean. This is my point. Everything Nintendo accomplished with Wii was lost when they went back to making Gamecube-esque games. And it was the games why Gamecube did not sell. It was the games why Wii U did not sell.

Yes, people heard Mario Kart is a good game on Wii and DS and bought it, this is not what they hear about MK8. 

Now, I don't disagree with the branding and marketing being bad, but eventually nobody cared about the system because the games were bad.

You're mistaken dude because MK8 is regarded the best game and is one of the main sources of Wii U's sales this is far from the case with the Wii and DS which sold due to different reasons, both those platforms had the factors I mentioned earliar and this is something you're trying to ignore in your argument. Wii U didn't sell because of what I mentioned above, to put things in perspective Wii U had more notable worth while releases in it's first year than the Wii, the latter was bare bones as software goes in the first year which disproves your software argument here.

The games on the Wii U aren't bad that's flat out a plain lie, the Wii U games are very good the platform had the problems I mentioned earliar on top of droughts, the platform itself is regarded to have good software.

Wyrdness said:

You're mistaken dude because MK8 is regarded the best game and is one of the main sources of Wii U's sales this is far from the case with the Wii and DS which sold due to different reasons, both those platforms had the factors I mentioned earliar and this is something you're trying to ignore in your argument. Wii U didn't sell because of what I mentioned above, to put things in perspective Wii U had more notable worth while releases in it's first year than the Wii, the latter was bare bones as software goes in the first year which disproves your software argument here.

The games on the Wii U aren't bad that's flat out a plain lie, the Wii U games are very good the platform had the problems I mentioned earliar on top of droughts, the platform itself is regarded to have good software.

MK8 isn't regarded one of the best. Where did you get the idea? If it was, it would sell better. It's not like were talking about some hidden gem nobody's ever head of here, but one of the highest profile games there is, and a sequel to one of the best selling games of all time.

Wii U's notable releases all fell short of expectations. It was like PS3, that was supposed to have a new game that would be it's saviour each month - only for a game after another not living up to hype or just being plain bad otherwise. Wii, on the other hand, had quite a good list of games for the core Nintendo audience, as well as the new audience, during the first, and the second, year of it's life.

Wii U games are mediocre at best. It just makes no sense to try to excuse games that aren't good. I have a feeling this group of Wii U apologists you see every now and then are the same people who were jerking in the ring around Gamecube, at the same time it was crashing and burning. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

bdbdbd said:

MK8 isn't regarded one of the best. Where did you get the idea? If it was, it would sell better. It's not like were talking about some hidden gem nobody's ever head of here, but one of the highest profile games there is, and a sequel to one of the best selling games of all time.

Wii U's notable releases all fell short of expectations. It was like PS3, that was supposed to have a new game that would be it's saviour each month - only for a game after another not living up to hype or just being plain bad otherwise. Wii, on the other hand, had quite a good list of games for the core Nintendo audience, as well as the new audience, during the first, and the second, year of it's life.

Wii U games are mediocre at best. It just makes no sense to try to excuse games that aren't good. I have a feeling this group of Wii U apologists you see every now and then are the same people who were jerking in the ring around Gamecube, at the same time it was crashing and burning. 

It is regarded as one of the best your whole it would sell better argument is quite frankly the most flawed argument anyone can put forward as one the game has outsold the majority of games this gen on the smallest userbase and is one of the best selling games this gen and two the are many high quality games out there that don't sell as much because of numerous factors, sorry mate this argument has no ground.

Wii U games aren't regarded mediocre at best both critics and players say the games are either really good or solid for most part the problem with the Wii U is nothing more than what I mentioned above with droughts and poor handling, I think what this whole case here is you just trying to pass off your own personal opinion as a fact.

bdbdbd said:
Wyrdness said:

So how well did Wii U Sports Club sell? Or Wii Fit U? Nintendo didn't abandon the Blue Ocean, the Blue Ocean crowd abandonned Nintendo. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides