By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Stars Confirmed? (gamestop)

I'm going to be pretty annoyed if, after finishing the pokedex on my version of Moon, they release a superior version for the Switch this soon. I hope they allow us to transfer the save data to Stars, if that's the case.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I'm so tired of people actively hyping up ports. Ports. I know that Nintendo does a lot of shit, and I know that The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and even at one time Mario himself have remasters...but ports of 1-3 year old games to hype up a new console? Pathetic. I don't care if Stars prints them money, or if Mario Kart 8 is easier to port than to make a new game. I'm a consumer and if Nintendo really just came out and put all these ports onto the system to make them system sellers, they deserve to fail. Seriously.

A third version with different content is part of the pokemon culture, so your whole rant is kinda silly.

I'm so tired of people actively hyping up ports. Ports. I know that Nintendo does a lot of shit, and I know that The Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, and even at one time Mario himself have remasters...but ports of 1-3 year old games to hype up a new console? Pathetic. I don't care if Stars prints them money, or if Mario Kart 8 is easier to port than to make a new game. I'm a consumer and if Nintendo really just came out and put all these ports onto the system to make them system sellers, they deserve to fail. Seriously.

You took words out of my months, it surprises me how people will br okay if 95% of Switch line up are ports ... Itd show à big laziness from Nintendo who didnt deliver on WiiU, theyre supposéd to have a lot hidden exclusive projets for Switch ready

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

They confirm that there's going to be a Pokemon game on the Switch.

I don't think that needed confirmation.

Ka-pi96 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
I'm going to be pretty annoyed if, after finishing the pokedex on my version of Moon, they release a superior version for the Switch this soon. I hope they allow us to transfer the save data to Stars, if that's the case.

Isn`t Stars (if it`s even real) also rumoured to add more Pokemon too? So even if you could transfer data your pokedex still wouldn`t be complete anymore

I don't think they'll add more pokemon. Making some mega-evos exclusive to ORAS was already a dick move by GameFreak, so I hope they don't decde to go further than that.

Around the Network

Thats some major news.

Even if Stars is true, Im 99% sure we wont see it at this event.It is way too close to the Sun and Moon release, and could easily be an E3 game to release on the holiday.That way Pokemon fans dont feel burned by this.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Pokemon Stars (or whatever it's called) is hardly a surprise to anyone. The only question is if it's on Switch or 3DS.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

bdbdbd said:

Pokemon Stars (or whatever it's called) is hardly a surprise to anyone. The only question is if it's on Switch or 3DS.

If it exists, it will be Switch. No reason to compete against yourself.

onionberry said:

A third version with different content is part of the pokemon culture, so your whole rant is kinda silly.

not really. Nintendo never ported Platinum to Wii, made it a console exclusive, and then said "you should buy a system for the first next gen hybrid pokemon". And if its "always been a part of pokemon" why havent we got it since Generation 4?