By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Karma is being a bi*** to Sweden?

Kerotan said:
DNA tests show that almost 100% of Icelanders are decended from an Irish woman.

I believe that is impossible given that Iceland's history is only around one thousand years old.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
Super_Boom said:
Kerotan said:

Wow, that woman really got around.

OT: This thread reminds me of why I stopped using Tumblr.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  That made me spit out my tea!

Super_Boom said:
Kerotan said:

Wow, that woman really got around.

OT: This thread reminds me of why I stopped using Tumblr.

Smurfette of her time.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Tell me OP how high where you when you created this thread. On a scale from 1 to Bob Marley.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I don't think you understand what karma is or how it works.

Around the Network

This makes no sense.

One can complain about the stupidity of bringing in many young men in from backwards cultures into a liberal country but tying this to deed done by ancestors make no sense...

I LOVE ICELAND!

Wouldn't it make more sense to say those of insertNationality vs "muslims"? It's not religious ties but the culture of where there are from that is the cause of their behavior. Muslims from nations outside of those nationalities have been roaming Europe for a very long time (hell a very large number are European) and there have not been these instances of crime.

Also, Vikings did rape women, took slaves, etc when they raided. But, no this is not Karma. This is just assholery.

LadyJasmine said:
This makes no sense.

One can complain about the stupidity of bringing in many young men in from backwards cultures into a liberal country but tying this to deed done by ancestors make no sense...

Pretty much this. You can't say something that happened today is because of what happened a thousand years ago. There are far more plausible reasons than Karma from a millenia ago.

bdbdbd said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

Even ignoring the fact that there are other nations that deserve that more (*cough* Belgian colonial rule *cough* Armenian genocide by the Turks *cough* Germany 7-1 Brazil *cough*), this doesn't make sense.

The Swedes went east, instead of west, into Russian and Finnish lands. It was only a relatively recent development that they were forced west, and they only went as far as to take some clay from Denmark and swallow Norway entirely. Not something I'd wish for the annihilation of a people for, unless the Finns managed to somehow meme this storm up.

You're talking about two different things here. Vikings and the kingdom of Sweden. Vikings were the first Europeans to reach American continent and they were raiding also far away towns.

Sweden was one of the world superpowers (if you can call them that hundreds of years ago) at it's prime, but their overseas coloniasation politics ended up failing miserably, eventually ending up colonialising only Finland - until Russia conquered it from Sweden.

Then why should Swedes take the fall for everything the Vikings did collectively? I mean, the Norwegians were vikings too, but they ended up discovering a massive oil deposit, so they're rich now. That doesn't sound like karma to me.

(Wow, an actual Finn.)

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3