By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: Zelda's launch timing in Europe is still unclear.

It is Nintendo's weakest market and the European market requires a bit more subtitles. Although adding that can't take long. Anyway if Zelda BOTWW is a launch title it should be available at launch worldwide.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
bunchanumbers said:
KLXVER said:

and Sonys main focus should be europe, but thats not happening either...

EU is pretty much PlayStation only anyway. Sony doesn't need to focus so much on it. Its pretty much guaranteed sales for them there. But Nintendo needs to make sure Switch gets off on the right foot in Japan and to push hard in the states. If both happen then Nintendo and Switch will have solid success.

Au contraire Sony makes games that sell very well in Europe like Until Dawn and more artistic games. Sadly racing games are lacking these days. Europe in generally likes the more cinematic games offered by Sony. For instance games like Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted 4 all sold (way) better in Europe. Playstation also has one of their biggest studio's stationed in Europe  (guerilla games). I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit and Horizon would sell way better in Europe than US. I believe the Witcher III sells better in Europe than US on PS4. But Sony isn't fully focusing on Europe but at least the market is one of its main focuses. MS also does quite well with the Forza games.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

RolStoppable said:
pastro243 said:
I don't get the english problem, here in latin america we never got language options up until a few years ago and I bet Europeans have way better english than we do. I also don't know anyone that plays spanish dubbed, it mostly sucks like english dubbing sucks for most anime/japanese games

The major European countries have had TV shows and movies dubbed in their respective language for several decades, so the average citizen has absolutely no use for English and at the same time expects translations. It doesn't matter if European school systems provide better English lessons when all that knowledge is forgotten quickly after people are done with school.

Fair point

I don't blame Nintendo for trying not to alienate potential users with a language barrier 
Hope they can make it in time 

And this is why Sony is dominating in Europe; because they care about this one big market of several countries and languages.

The Witcher 3 is available in 13 languages while Zelda won't even have 10....

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

RolStoppable said:
Kjartan said:
And this is why Sony is dominating in Europe; because they care about this one big market of several countries and languages.

The Witcher 3 is available in 13 languages while Zelda won't even have 10....

You should have used a Sony game if you were seriously trying to make an objective point.

Uncharted 4, 10 languages. 

I meant in general Sony cares more about Europe than Nintendo

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
RolStoppable said:

The major European countries have had TV shows and movies dubbed in their respective language for several decades, so the average citizen has absolutely no use for English and at the same time expects translations. It doesn't matter if European school systems provide better English lessons when all that knowledge is forgotten quickly after people are done with school.

Fair point

I don't blame Nintendo for trying not to alienate potential users with a language barrier 
Hope they can make it in time 

I want to say thats a sterotype.

Atleast in germany/sweden/denmark/norway/finland ect ect.

Alot of people watch english TV shows, and netflix , browse the internet ect, and their understanding of english is good enough that most that are 15+ are able to play games in english.

The younger generation speak & read english perfectly well in most european countries.

Still.... Nintendo should have localisations done, and aim for world wide releases.

Its sloppy to not put that much effort into it, if your trying to regain market share.

Kjartan said:
RolStoppable said:

You should have used a Sony game if you were seriously trying to make an objective point.

Uncharted 4, 10 languages. 

I meant in general Sony cares more about Europe than Nintendo

Yet again that's not a Sony made game.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

melbye said:
Nintendo should have split NoE into two separate things years ago, Nintendo of Northern Europe which includes UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland and whatever other countries that play games primarily in English,and Nintendo of Southern Europe who can't be bothered to actually learn enough English to play a game.!

They should split Nintendo Belgium in two parts too then.

Mummelmann said:
Has anyone considered that it might release first on the Switch and a little later on Wii U, in all regions? I think that's most likely at this point. Localization issues and translations can't be the main culprit in a development process this long and with this many delays already.

Yeah I don't see how porting the game over to Switch would affect the localization process. 

Would be a massive fail on Nintendo's part if they can't get this out in Europe at launch.

Seriously, there's still months to go, just assign more people to the localization effort and get it done.