By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Eurogamer: Zelda's launch timing in Europe is still unclear.

They can do it.

If Nintendo of America have the time to translate the game in french and in spanish. Nintendo of Europe definitely have the time to translate the game in french and german.

With english, french and german that would cover the vast majority of the european gamers and something like 95% of the nintendo fans in europe.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
pastro243 said:
I don't get the english problem, here in latin america we never got language options up until a few years ago and I bet Europeans have way better english than we do. I also don't know anyone that plays spanish dubbed, it mostly sucks like english dubbing sucks for most anime/japanese games

The major European countries have had TV shows and movies dubbed in their respective language for several decades, so the average citizen has absolutely no use for English and at the same time expects translations. It doesn't matter if European school systems provide better English lessons when all that knowledge is forgotten quickly after people are done with school.

It still give me chivers of how bad House is in german.But yeah, they pretty much dub everything.But I dont believe this.If Zelda is comming at launch, it is comming everywhere at the same time.I see a 1 week delay at most.(because why not?)

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

melbye said:
Nintendo should have split NoE into two separate things years ago, Nintendo of Northern Europe which includes UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland and whatever other countries that play games primarily in English,and Nintendo of Southern Europe who can't be bothered to actually learn enough English to play a game.

Yes, and waste more resources employing more people and have more bureaucracy in place.Excellent decision.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nintendo struggles with EU. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the future for all Switch products there. Maybe if things pick up there Nintendo will give the region more attention but as it is, their main focus should be on the US and Japan. Especially Japan.

bunchanumbers said:
Nintendo struggles with EU. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the future for all Switch products there. Maybe if things pick up there Nintendo will give the region more attention but as it is, their main focus should be on the US and Japan. Especially Japan.

and Sonys main focus should be europe, but thats not happening either...

Around the Network

Wow...

But as long as Mario is there its okay ( unless its not ambitious Mario but à Mario 3D World :s )

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Has anyone considered that it might release first on the Switch and a little later on Wii U, in all regions? I think that's most likely at this point. Localization issues and translations can't be the main culprit in a development process this long and with this many delays already.

KLXVER said:
bunchanumbers said:

EU is pretty much PlayStation only anyway. Sony doesn't need to focus so much on it. Its pretty much guaranteed sales for them there. But Nintendo needs to make sure Switch gets off on the right foot in Japan and to push hard in the states. If both happen then Nintendo and Switch will have solid success.

RolStoppable said:
bunchanumbers said:

EU is pretty much PlayStation only anyway. Sony doesn't need to focus so much on it. Its pretty much guaranteed sales for them there. But Nintendo needs to make sure Switch gets off on the right foot in Japan and to push hard in the states. If both happen then Nintendo and Switch will have solid success.

You don't know much about Europe.

indeed. Outside of knowing that EU is humanitys last best hope of escaping the planet (thanks Trump) my knowledge is sadly lacking.

bunchanumbers said:
KLXVER said:

That may be true, but for The Legend of Zelda series in specific Japan is  Nintendo's weakest market while Europe isn't too far behind North Ameica in terms of sales for the franchise.