By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect Producer Says There's No Plan to Bring Mass Effect Andromeda to Switch

No shit.

Around the Network

no surprise. NS when undocked is a pretty low bar of performance. it won't be getting ports of ps4/xbone AAA games,.. just the indies and middle tier.

i swear,.. nintendo is going to kill switch by marketing it as a home console that is also portable instead of a portable console that also connects to a tv. it's a small change in marketing but a huge change to consumer expectations.

Nogamez said:

We need original IPS on switch to build up a loyal fan Base. Not games at the end of there series imo. Nintendo should create more games like bayonetta and xenoblade. Brand new IPS that we can get behind.

Edit: I know bayonetta isn't a brand new IP but they bundles the original game with the sequel which is pretty cool. 

This.

rjason12 said:

Appearently it can, in that same interview he says it could come to the Switch if there's enough people who want it on there. He also said that "they never wanna close any doors"

Sadly people only read headlines and think they know everything.

An EA published game not making it to a Nintendo console???
I'm stunned...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:
rjason12 said:

Appearently it can, in that same interview he says it could come to the Switch if there's enough people who want it on there. He also said that "they never wanna close any doors"

It's possible to put it on a potato if they really wanted to. That's the great thing about scalable engines. The thing is would it be nearly as good, or a smart idea to do, and would it be optimized for it in any way? Doubtful. A lot of devs were saying the same thing for Wii U (how it was "possible").

bigtakilla said:
GoOnKid said:

It's possible to put it on a potato if they really wanted to. That's the great thing about scalable engines. The thing is would it be nearly as good, or a smart idea to do, and would it be optimized for it in any way? Doubtful. A lot of devs were saying the same thing for Wii U (how it was "possible").

I'm pretty sure we can safely say that this game would NOT be possible on a Wii U. After all, the Wii U is too slow to handle the last two AssCreeds.

From your answer I get the impression that the port would barely be playable. But seriously, what is special about the gameplay in a Mass Effect game, anyway? You have this moral system and can pick dialogue choices all the time, right? What else? How demanding is the combat system, really? It's a TPS, after all, the Gamecube had those, too. I believe it's just a question of how good looking the developers want it to be, but when we see how even Wii U games already looked, I see no problem. It surely won't look like a version from the twins, but can the difference really be that big? The differences would be there, no question, but they would't make it a completely different game.

Not really surprising

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Unfortunate.

Pretty expected surely? My most anticipated game!

I'll have to get a Switch eventually for Zelda, and possibly Pokemon depending on where they take the mainline series. But its pretty low down the gaming priorities list at the moment.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS