By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect Producer Says There's No Plan to Bring Mass Effect Andromeda to Switch

This is old news, this was said when around the time the Switch was revealed. Dunno why everyone is suddenly suprised, if the Switch proves to be a success, perhaps they'll put effort into porting it, that is if possible with the specs.

Around the Network

Last I checked, Mass Effect was far from an essential franchise for a console to do well. DS, Wii, GBA, and 3DS didn't have it after all, and they all did swimmingly! On the other hand, Wii U got Mass Effect, and the console flopped.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

KLXVER said:
The Switch could not handle that game anyway. Maybe it gets the Mass Effect Trilogy with all DLC. That would be cool.

Which the Wii U could have gotten in the first place...you know instead of just ME3 while Xbox 360 and PS3 owners waited for the entire trilogy not too long after. I don't understand that logic.

Didnt the Wii U ME game sold shit?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I can't believe it. This was totally unexpected (irony). I don't think the Switch will be powerful enough to handle Andromeda. And look at how well ME3 sold. Sure, EA's stupid decision to port the last game of a trilogy was laughable too, but they'll use it as an excuse.

Around the Network

Not surprised.

Many more titles will follow the same path.

The only AA 3rd party games NS will get are prolly from nintendo's close partners (squenix, capcom and lvl5), and remasters... of ps3 or xbox 360 games

rjason12 said:

Appearently it can, in that same interview he says it could come to the Switch if there's enough people who want it on there. He also said that "they never wanna close any doors"

This, i don't know why people quote only a part of the interviews or whatever, the guy dont talk about power of the Switch like a reason not to port the game, just that for now there are no plans but in the future maybe yes.

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:
rjason12 said:

Appearently it can, in that same interview he says it could come to the Switch if there's enough people who want it on there. He also said that "they never wanna close any doors"

This, i don't know why people quote only a part of the interviews or whatever, the guy dont talk about power of the Switch like a reason not to port the game, just that for now there are no plans but in the future maybe yes.

Which in this case is basically an almost certain no.

Barkley said:
Teriol said:

Which in this case is basically an almost certain no.

All depends of the Switch popularity, if it gets momentum and  they see a good oportunity on Switch you can bet it will be a certain yes.

34 years playing games.