By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect Producer Says There's No Plan to Bring Mass Effect Andromeda to Switch

kitler53 said:
no surprise. NS when undocked is a pretty low bar of performance. it won't be getting ports of ps4/xbone AAA games,.. just the indies and middle tier.

i swear,.. nintendo is going to kill switch by marketing it as a home console that is also portable instead of a portable console that also connects to a tv. it's a small change in marketing but a huge change to consumer expectations.

They havent even truly started marketing it yet. The whole, "its a console first" talk could very well have just been them trying not to take attention away from 3DS & Pokemon which sold pretty well this holiday.

The full reveal next week and the subsequent marketing campaign will likely emphasize on the hybrid aspect of functioning as both a handheld & console rather than over emphasizing on one or the other.

The preview trailer and the Jimmy Fallon demonstration both had a strong focus on the "switching" aspect of being able to choose how you want to play, I have a hard time seeing them stepping back from that and doubling down on it being a console forst and foremost.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

After Mass Effect 3 and some of the preview videos for Andromeda along with the current state of Bioware compared to what they were in the past, I'm not that saddened about this news. That being said, it's still a hit since the Switch really needs to field a software library that's enticing to people who aren't core Nintendo fans. Andromeda could have helped in enticing those particular gamers but hopefully the Switch has a couple of games that can compensate for that loss.

I would have still bought it on PS4 because i don't think Mass Effect as the kind of franchise i would enjoy on the go.

But yeah, the Switch will most probably get bad western third party support, not a surprise honestly.

I love how everybody assume that it cannot be ported at all even when they clearly suggest that they would think about it if the saw enough demand.

Also this is old news, this was told when Switch was revealed, but I guess we can put it every few weeks to create the feeling that everything is going wrong until the thing is out, the numbers starts rolling and half of the internet looks like an idiot. More fun that way.

That was expected.

But it would be pretty awesome if the original trilogy came to Switch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
That was expected.

It would be nice, but again, it should've been that way on Wii U in the first place. It probably was a punch in the gut for those who bought ME3 on Wii U when they heard that the entire trilogy would ultimately be in one package for other consoles a few months later. I know I'm repeating myself but can anyone really understand why they would do that when the directors cut of 3 and the trilogy collection were only months apart?

And Yakuza Zero + the masterpiece Persona 5 coming only for PlayStation 4, say Sega and Atlus now.
Red Dead Redemption 2, next Battlefield, GTA 6, ME4, P5, Y0 and many other big AAA-Games with high quality coming not for switch in future, that is sure.

Kai_Mao said:
Mr Puggsly said:
That was expected.

It would be nice, but again, it should've been that way on Wii U in the first place. It probably was a punch in the gut for those who bought ME3 on Wii U when they heard that the entire trilogy would ultimately be in one package for other consoles a few months later. I know I'm repeating myself but can anyone really understand why they would do that when the directors cut of 3 and the trilogy collection were only months apart?

ME3 on Wii U felt pointless given you couldn't play the rest of the series.

However, the primary reason I'd like to see it on Switch is so there is a portable version. Story driven stuff like that works well on portable devices.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

zorg1000 said:
kitler53 said:
no surprise. NS when undocked is a pretty low bar of performance. it won't be getting ports of ps4/xbone AAA games,.. just the indies and middle tier.

i swear,.. nintendo is going to kill switch by marketing it as a home console that is also portable instead of a portable console that also connects to a tv. it's a small change in marketing but a huge change to consumer expectations.

They havent even truly started marketing it yet. The whole, "its a console first" talk could very well have just been them trying not to take attention away from 3DS & Pokemon which sold pretty well this holiday.

The full reveal next week and the subsequent marketing campaign will likely emphasize on the hybrid aspect of functioning as both a handheld & console rather than over emphasizing on one or the other.

The preview trailer and the Jimmy Fallon demonstration both had a strong focus on the "switching" aspect of being able to choose how you want to play, I have a hard time seeing them stepping back from that and doubling down on it being a console forst and foremost.

2 things:

1st: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13347910/nintendo-switch-home-gaming-system   

2nd: they had skyrim in the release video which just so happens to be getting a HD remaster for ps4/xbone right around the time NS is scheduled to launch.

i know they haven't really gone into full marketing phase but here is the thing,.. expectations are being set right now.  on the 12th (i think) when the reveal fails to confirm peoples expectations it will be seen as a disappointment instead of a winner.   ..and as we've seen with xbone a bad first impression can do massive damage to a console's release.

kitler53 said:
zorg1000 said:

2 things:

1st: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13347910/nintendo-switch-home-gaming-system   

2nd: they had skyrim in the release video which just so happens to be getting a HD remaster for ps4/xbone right around the time NS is scheduled to launch.

i know they haven't really gone into full marketing phase but here is the thing,.. expectations are being set right now.  on the 12th (i think) when the reveal fails to confirm peoples expectations it will be seen as a disappointment instead of a winner.   ..and as we've seen with xbone a bad first impression can do massive damage to a console's release.

1. I acknowledged this in my last post, its literally the first paragraph. In other regions Nintendo referred to it just as a dedicated gaming device (or something along those lines) and never claimed it was moreso one over the other and like I said, it could very well just be PR talk so people would still buy 3DS & Pokemon over the holidays.

2. Like I said, it's a handheld & a console so recieving ports of certain console games is to be expected. Also I'm pretty sure PSP, Vita & 3DS recieved console ports at or around launch as well, that didn't make them "consoles first and foremost".

You're last paragraph is based on nothing, I could just as easily say the reveal will exceed most people's expectations & Switch will be a winner and I would be equally as correct as you. We can't say they are marketing it one way or the other when they haven't started marketing it yet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.