By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mass Effect Producer Says There's No Plan to Bring Mass Effect Andromeda to Switch

zorg1000 said:
kitler53 said:

2 things:

1st: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/20/13347910/nintendo-switch-home-gaming-system   

2nd: they had skyrim in the release video which just so happens to be getting a HD remaster for ps4/xbone right around the time NS is scheduled to launch.

i know they haven't really gone into full marketing phase but here is the thing,.. expectations are being set right now.  on the 12th (i think) when the reveal fails to confirm peoples expectations it will be seen as a disappointment instead of a winner.   ..and as we've seen with xbone a bad first impression can do massive damage to a console's release.

1. I acknowledged this in my last post, its literally the first paragraph. In other regions Nintendo referred to it just as a dedicated gaming device (or something along those lines) and never claimed it was moreso one over the other and like I said, it could very well just be PR talk so people would still buy 3DS & Pokemon over the holidays.

2. Like I said, it's a handheld & a console so recieving ports of certain console games is to be expected. Also I'm pretty sure PSP, Vita & 3DS recieved console ports at or around launch as well, that didn't make them "consoles first and foremost".

You're last paragraph is based on nothing, I could just as easily say the reveal will exceed most people's expectations & Switch will be a winner and I would be equally as correct as you. We can't say they are marketing it one way or the other when they haven't started marketing it yet.

but they have been marketing it.  not a lot but they put up that youtube video and they showed it off on the tonight show.  but they are leaving a lot unsaid and allowing people to fill the gaps with rumors and their dreams and own interpritations of what little info nintendo offered.

i think that is dangerous and leads to people feeling let down by the full reveal.

i mean,. you could be right and people will love the full reveal.  neigher of us will know until the 12th but i still think they are setting themselve up for failure they way they are hiding the details until just before the console's launch.  i mean c'mon,.. we're like 2 months from launch now and know just about nothing about it.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:

We need original IPS on switch to build up a loyal fan Base. Not games at the end of there series imo. Nintendo should create more games like bayonetta and xenoblade. Brand new IPS that we can get behind.

Edit: I know bayonetta isn't a brand new IP but they bundles the original game with the sequel which is pretty cool. 

The Switch would benefit if it had the games people wanted to play. That could make some late PS360 adopters jump ship. Not having the previous entries is irrelevant. It's not like all Mass Effect games are playable on the PS4. It also doesn't have all GTA games. MGSV was on X1 even if the previous games tended to be PS only (MGS4 was).

IPs like Bayonetta and Xenoblade are great. But Wii U had both and it didn't helped when the competition had GTA and CoD. I'm not saying that those are better, but they sell better. So they move more hardware.

Not having 3rd party support isn't the end of the world. But it surely is a problem and impacts sales. Because people must chose if they want to play Mario and Zelda or GTA, Mass Effect, RDR and Battlefield. 3rd party games far exceed the amount of titles Nintendo can release in a year by themselves. So people either miss all those games or buy two consoles. If all 3rd parties were on NX, people wouldn't have to make a trade-off.

It's also a utter loss in marketing. Nintendo has a budget. Sony and MS have their own budget plus the free advertising provided by all 3rd parties talking about their new games. When a new CoD is about to launch, there will be plenty of trailers and TV ads ending with a PS or XB logo.

Like i said before. The library will really depend on 2nd party this time. Don't expect alot of big 3rd party crossplatform titles. They'll probably be similar to the wii-u situation. Lots of publishers dipping their toes with no commitment. . With the exception of 3ds 3rd parties. They will probably be down with the switch.

Mr Puggsly said:
Kai_Mao said:

It would be nice, but again, it should've been that way on Wii U in the first place. It probably was a punch in the gut for those who bought ME3 on Wii U when they heard that the entire trilogy would ultimately be in one package for other consoles a few months later. I know I'm repeating myself but can anyone really understand why they would do that when the directors cut of 3 and the trilogy collection were only months apart?

ME3 on Wii U felt pointless given you couldn't play the rest of the series.

However, the primary reason I'd like to see it on Switch is so there is a portable version. Story driven stuff like that works well on portable devices.

I played ME3 on WiiU. I skipped ME 1&2. The in-game comic did do a good job getting you invested in decisions and plot points of the first two games. Maybe not ideal - but good enough for someone like me who wanted to simply try out the series for the first time.

The 2nd screen features were the real winner though. Very interesting and well-implemented. Gives a welcome extra dimension of strategy, combat, and exploration. I'd like to see these same features reimplemented in ME1&2 and even Andromeda if possible.

Tantalus could probably do the port if given enough time, but if they can't find a way to get Andromeda to work - it's probably not worth doing at all.

Not to mention - there's probably some higher-potential projects Tantalus should do on Switch.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

kitler53 said:
zorg1000 said:

1. I acknowledged this in my last post, its literally the first paragraph. In other regions Nintendo referred to it just as a dedicated gaming device (or something along those lines) and never claimed it was moreso one over the other and like I said, it could very well just be PR talk so people would still buy 3DS & Pokemon over the holidays.

2. Like I said, it's a handheld & a console so recieving ports of certain console games is to be expected. Also I'm pretty sure PSP, Vita & 3DS recieved console ports at or around launch as well, that didn't make them "consoles first and foremost".

You're last paragraph is based on nothing, I could just as easily say the reveal will exceed most people's expectations & Switch will be a winner and I would be equally as correct as you. We can't say they are marketing it one way or the other when they haven't started marketing it yet.

but they have been marketing it.  not a lot but they put up that youtube video and they showed it off on the tonight show.  but they are leaving a lot unsaid and allowing people to fill the gaps with rumors and their dreams and own interpritations of what little info nintendo offered.

i think that is dangerous and leads to people feeling let down by the full reveal.

i mean,. you could be right and people will love the full reveal.  neigher of us will know until the 12th but i still think they are setting themselve up for failure they way they are hiding the details until just before the console's launch.  i mean c'mon,.. we're like 2 months from launch now and know just about nothing about it.

Like I said, the marketing they have done thus far (preview trailer & Jimmy Fallon) both had a strong focus on the "switching" aspect, the ability to function as a handheld or home console. Nothing suggests that once they start fully marketing it, they will focus on it being mostly a console. There is literally one single quote of it being more of a console and that was likely done so people would continue to buy 3DS over the holidays.

Alot of people said the same thing about Breath of the Wild, that it was a mistake to go so long without showing it and hyping it up and guess what? Once they did show it, the hype went through the roof and people not think Nintendo made the roght choice in how they handled the big reveal. I feel like a very similar situation will happen with Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

You are literally pulling all of that out of your ass! You know nothing more than the rest of us, only baseless rumors. Nintendo still hasn't revealed any of the information.

rjason12 said:

You are literally pulling all of that out of your ass! You know nothing more than the rest of us, only baseless rumors. Nintendo still hasn't revealed any of the information.

who is this directed at????

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

@Zorg 

Not you, another earlier in the post (my replies don't work correctly lol)

etking said:
The switch is already dead because Nintendo repeats all of the Wii-U problems.

Extremely weak hardware
No real 3rd party support, mostly ports of Android games
Stupid design with an expensive tablet controller again which you cannot actually use when playing on TV.

The system is no real mobile gaming system because it only lasts for 3 hours. And it is no real console because it uses weak mobile gaming hardware.

Unfortunately you are pretty much right. Not really a handheld, not even close to a home console. For the record I own mass effect wiiu and really liked it.

rjason12 said:

@Zorg 

Not you, another earlier in the post (my replies don't work correctly lol)

push the quote button instead of reply