By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60 - Update: Mother, actress Debbie Reynolds dies at 84

mountaindewslave said:
vivster said:
I don't get this current meme of shitting on 2016. Do people really think 2017 will even be an ounce better?

Newsflash: In 2017
- several celebrities will die
- wars will continue
- terror attacks will continue
- Trump won't just be an "elect" anymore
etc...

Stop blaming your shitty attitude on a single innocent year.

this.

and TBH Carrie Fisher's career was insanely empty besides the original Star Wars Trilogy. Its cute and all how people magically seem to love some celeb soooooo much when they pass, but before never even brought them up regularly

also newsflash: millions of people died today from starvation among other things, and no one will recognize or be aware of a ton of those cases as they happen in the middle of nowhere. Celebrities live great lives in terms of being well off and then they die in their 60s or 70s (oh the tragedy) and people act like its such a loss to society

lets focus on the kids dying from cancer. Just saying. Tired of this Hollywood obsessed society in which old celebrities passing gets massively more attention that genuinely tragic things involving kids passing away or people getting brutally murdered. 

Its not as if death is some sort of unique thing. Everybody dies. Despite that the people who die who were on TV screens and had it great get all of the attention. ugh.

Let people be sad, Jesus fucking Christ. People express their sadness when someone they like dies. They didn't have any connection to the dying kids in who-the-fuck-actually-cares-land that died today. If you used this, I'm sorry but it is, stupid logic, you'd be depressed 24/7. If you wanna do that, you can. But most don't have the energy to be constantly upset. "u cn onli b sad if u r sad abt da dyng cancr kidz 2" is beyond fucking retarded. 

Around the Network

2016 is the worstt year ever!!!11!! :c >:(((

leyendax69 said:
2016 is the worstt year ever!!!11!! :c >:(((

I couldn't agree more! I just want this year over with! I'm still in shock. Poor Carrie Fisher, I hope she's rests in peace. 

I think this poster on NeoGaf summed it up well:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=227281283&postcount=1534

Bobby Roberts:

It's a thing I've been thinking about off and on this afternoon, this "Baby Bust" as people are calling it, and how it really started to kick us all in the chest this year. The sheer number of people born, the rise of our media machine into something altogether different, the way that machine put so many people into our living rooms, the way we latched onto these movie stars, these musicians, these athletes, the way they became the background noise of our childhoods, the fabric of the security blankets we'd tuck up under our chins when life started kicking our ass and we needed to go lay down for a minute to recuperate.

Now they're all leaving, and it's not just the reminder of mortality, because I think most of us know that all things end, eventually, and it's more about what you do with that time, and how you spend it, and who you spend it with. On some level we know it's more about the how of our life than the what

But David Bowie goes, and Prince goes, and Carrie Fisher goes, and Gene Wilder goes, and Muhammad Ali goes, all these stars winking out one after another, and you can't help but think about your star, and the ones in your orbit. 

They're all gonna go. Your mom, your dad, Your sisters & brothers. All of em are gonna go, and it's coming faster than anyone wants, and it's going to hurt goddammit, it's gonna hurt so fucking bad, if these people we've never met are going to affect us this much what's it gonna be like when the people we really know wink out of our sky, right? 

They're all gonna go, and despite all our own bullshit, all our stupid baggage, the struggles and the frustrations we all have trying just to maintain in the face of our problems, we owe it to them to take the best parts of them, and incorporate them into ourselves as best we can, and take that into the future, for everyone's sake. We owe it to them. We owe it to us

That's one hell of a responsibility, ain't it? That shit isn't easy. And this year just won't stop reminding us of all this impermanent beauty and genius. And it's never going to let up as we keep moving forward, either. Who wants to waste all that inspiration? Who wouldn't want to be that inspiration for someone else if they could? 

This is what life is, I guess. The absorption and transformation of love, into loss, and back again into more love. 

The work is rewarding as hell, but it's never going to get easier. You just hope that when it's your turn for that transformation, you leave behind as much as these people left you. 

That's what I've been thinking about this afternoon.

Woke up to this news today, was pretty shocked about it, thought she was going to make it through the heart attack last week :(. I had a crush on Leia when I first saw the movies.

RIP the very beautiful Princess.

Around the Network

Decided that I'm going to watch the older SW movies on New years Day, just for old times sake and to remember her by. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

For fuck's sake, why her?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's a shame she died and that's pretty much it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

WagnerPaiva said:
=( It is true, I hoped it was one of these hoaxes, but she´s gone. R.I.P.
Kinda young, 60 is not old at all. My gradpa is 84 and doing fine =(

If your grandfather did the amount of coke and drugs she did when he ws young, there's no way he'd be in the shape he's in. When people party hard in their youth, they pay a price. Death is usually said price.

Soundwave said:

Bobby Roberts:

Leave it to him to write a fucking treatise on the revelation most people have around age 5 that, yes, people do eventually die. I haven't read GAF in years, but this reminds me that Bobby Roberts was always strong contender for the worst poster there award, and that's saying something.