By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60 - Update: Mother, actress Debbie Reynolds dies at 84

This news made me so sad all day yesterday.

2016 sucked so badly. 2017 has Trump which already puts doom and gloom over everything for at least the next 4 years. I blame 2016 though as it started this falling off the cliff bullshit.

Around the Network

people die, there are more people each day so more will die over time, the number of death people are in much larger numbers then those who are still alive.

Obviously 60 isn't the age you want to go, but lets be honest most people want to live forever, but the truth is we all go at some point and the closer news is of someone dying and the older you get, the more you realize and sometimes fear it.

But death also gives peace, takes away fears and stress, and my best wishes are with those close to carrie and her family. I will watch the next entry in the Star Wars saga and give Carrie a wink towards the afterlife, where we will all meet her someday.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

CGI-Quality said:
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/debbie-reynolds-dies-84-just-014354818.html

And she has now passed away. :(

Rip

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

I guess the stress of losing her daughter was just too much, that is heartbreaking news.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
I guess the stress of losing her daughter was just too much, that is heartbreaking news.

Yeah, I can't imagine the kind of grief that comes from losing a child, such a shame. What a loss for the granddaughter too, hopefully she has a strong support system that can help her cope and get through this.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/debbie-reynolds-dies-84-just-014354818.html

And she has now passed away. :(

What?? I can't believe it. Yesterday I wrote that I can't imagine how it feels if your child dies before you. Now it's pretty clear that Carrie's death was too much for Debbie. And Carrie's daughter has to bury mother and grandmother now. Tragic celebrity story of the year. Sometimes real life in Hollywood seems stranger than the screenplays for most Hollywood movies.

In case some don't know who Debbie Reynolds was: Carrie Fisher became a star at the age of 20 with an iconic movie we all know, her mother became a star at the age of 19 with this iconic movie (one of my favorites from the genre): https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36QiuRc_3I8

R.I.P.

CGI-Quality said:

I didn't used to think that people could truly die from a broken heart, but I have no other explanation for this one!

I almost died of a broken heart when Dreamcast died, B3lieve it..

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
CGI-Quality said:

I didn't use to think that people could truly die from a broken heart, but I have no other explanation for this one!

I almost died of a broken heart when Dreamcast died, B3lieve it..

Dreamcast is not dead!! It still lives inside all of us!! And it's still thinking!!!

*curls up the in the corner clutching the dreamcast and copy of sonic adventure while sobbing*

This is too sad. What an awful 2 days for the family there now with Debbie.

RavenXtra said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Yeah, I can't imagine the kind of grief that comes from losing a child, such a shame. What a loss for the granddaughter too, hopefully she has a strong support system that can help her cope and get through this.

Yeah, it's just not the natural order of things for a parent to outlive their child, even at the age Carrie was, it was clearly just too much of a heart break for Debbie to take.

RIP to the two of them, will be one massive funeral for two legends.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive