By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Latest Super Smash Bros Brawl pics from HAL

Returning item:  Super Scope

According to the site, now you can run around and jump with the rapid-fire Super Scope, so that's a bit different than the GC version...I'm looking forward to getting backed into a corner yet again by that dang Super Scope.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

New item:  The Cracker Launcher.

After you grab this item, it'll rapidly release blast after blast of firecrackers that explode gaudily.

You can walk around and jump while holding the launcher.
You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.

Be safe and sane when playing with fireworks.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The new item looks like great fun, and actually reminds me of a weapon I used in the army. One bit of the description really caught my eye:

You can also aim the launcher at different angles by tilting the Control Stick up or down.

I might be reading too much into this, but looks like a definite hint we'll be playing with something with more than one analog stick, meaning either the classic controller or Gamecube pad. I mean if we use the wiimote, then the stick is definitely used for movement, and other stuff is done with gestures, buttons etc. Unless using this weapon renders one immobile, and the movement stick takes over for aiming. =/

*EDIT*

Except it says you can move and jump with it. Reading comprehension is my speciality. -_- 

Are these graphics for real? Unbelievable!

Check out the video on the top-right here. It's the trailer that they showed about as long a time before the launch of Melee as we are now before the lauch of Brawl. Imagine how awesome that looked like in 2001. Heck, I still can't believe it's 6 years old. What we've been seeing so far is exactly what the leap from the Gamecube to the Wii should look like. This is what competent developers who want to make games look good on the Wii can do.

Around the Network

I have some very bad news for all of us. None of us will be worthy enough to play this game. I know, it sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Parokki's got a point...maybe Wiimote/nunchuck isn't as much of an option anymore, unless it uses motion control.

I was hoping that the game would be able to use the Wiimote/nunchuck without motion, making it essentially a traditional two-handed controller, only separated.  That way, new Wii users wouldn't have to go out and buy a bunch of GC or Classic controllers...but maybe there's still decent Wiimote support coming...we don't know.

I'll probably stick to GC controllers...although wireless Classics are nice...I don't like that the wire comes out the bottom though...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I did some more thinking on this and came up with two possibilities:

-You can only aim the gun when you're not moving. Tilt the left analog stick slightly, like with directional attacks, to aim. This works on all possible controllers, as they all have a left analog stick for movement.

-You use the classic/GC controller. The weapon starts firing as soon as you pick it up, and keeps firing as long as it has ammo no matter what the player does. Left analog stick moves and right analog stick aims. This would mean no more instant-smashes with the right stick, but it was kind of superfluous anyway.

Now I know it says Control Stick, on the English site, which to me sounds like the left analog, but the Japanese site says (very directly translated) "it is possible to change the shooting-angle with the stick's up and down" and I'm sure we've all noticed the guy doing the site is no English profesor, so I can easily imagine him meaning the right analog as well.

a.l.e.x59 said:
I have some very bad news for all of us. None of us will be worthy enough to play this game. I know, it sucks, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Yeah, I can't believe how much I want this game.  Like I have never cared about a game more in my life lol.

Can this game be played online?

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078