By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Men should never marry, here's why.

DraconianAC said:

Don't be fooled by these misogynistic views; this is still a very patriarchal society, where man hold most of the control.

With the rise of Trump into the office, you'll see these stupid point of views be tried to passed on as facts, while in reality the problem is economic--pure and simple. The upper class, where both parties have wealth don't care about these petty problems. They gather their things and go, but most wealthy people stay married. (Please don't give me the movie star life as counter example, they are outliers and have different life styles than wealthy families based on the work they do.) Money provides mobility and freedom in America. When the middle class is shrinking, they are just looking to shove the blame to something else other than a proper working government.

It's rational for the opposite sex to look out for themselves, and if good paying jobs with benefits and retirement plans were available for the masses, there be a lot less lawsuits over who gets the car; that along proper education that starts at the home when the parent isn't working 2-3 jobs and now has time to pass down moral and ethical foundations to the next generation, so they are not easily steered by TV and "friends."

I'm not married because I haven't found the person that makes me want to marry them and because I don't make a wage big enough to raise a family, pure and simple. It's a shopping mall out there in the date scene, and there are so many options, but if I ever found someone I plainly desired and the feeling was returned, I would marry with little regret or worry about it. (Of course logistics come in to play too like; is she considerate, frugal, hard working, intelligent, and WISE. I'm sure the opposite sex is looking for the same thing, but lack of money limits our freedom.)

These stupid studies don't take into account the degradation of the family do to economic reasons. They also don't tell you how awful it was for women in the nuclear family model that is so highly fawking looked up to.

Read up on history guys before listening to this bullshit fear mongering.

Thouse points of view have been out for a long time, not becaue of trump.

Its not "misogynistic". Like I said before, both men and women fall victims to theese horrible divorce setlements. It just it happens more to men cuz most often the men are the primary earners. And it really gets bad when they are the sole earners. But again, women fall victim to it as well, just not as often so you dont really have them making an uproar over it like men do.

The problem is not women like you seem to think we are blaming, its the marriege. The laws have to be changed. Its way to harmfull to the one with the money, both men and women. Like you said, when both have money or are on equal terms, this is never an issue. They take what they both know its theirs and split. the law is making it dificult to be with someone uness they are your economic equal, wich should not be something to messure a future relationships. Not somthing to take into account who you want children with. Not something to take into account of who you can fall in love with. 

Right now I want to have a loving relationship and all that, and the only way to do so is by aavoiding marriage and even living together. Not because of women, but because of the law is fucked up, and even if I find a great women, I could be fooled by a camelion later, could be a gold digger, I could do something to piss her off and she holds a grudge later, I can think shes perfect at first and we just see the reality once living toghether, our lives could just takes down diferent paths and e have to split while still in love. No matter how good the relationship  was, how much in love, the good intentions, being deceived r what ever, if your not economically equal, you will get f**ked. 

Happens to both men and women, get over it. Its the laws fault.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

I went back to college recently and this girl with ukranian background gave me tons of signs she was interested in me. sat next to me first day of class, third day of class we had first lab and she sat next to me first time which is in another room, before lab we stand in hallway and about 30% of the time she stands across from me instead of in line, one time i asked professor for help and professor had to go and she suddenly rushes to answer my question which created awkwardness because i understood what i did wrong after 10 seconds and she kept going, one day her lab partner is not there and she suddenly ends up near me and my partner and every 2 minutes asks to confirm results, which is bs because she gets over 100% on about every exam, i'm always there early in class and everytime she gets there early she says hello to me specifically, there is a random desk in the hallway and one day i sit down there and that very same day she puts her bookbag on the opposite side of the same desk. she was quite good looking, but i am not interested in an 18 year old girl (especially a girl deeply ingrained in a culture and country i know nothing about) because i am 25 and haven't been in a relationship in about 4 years. final story is i stalked her social media and it's filled with marriage crap and marriage clothing from ukraine and it got me wondering if her parents are pressuring her into finding a man to marry. 

greenmedic88 said:
DraconianAC said:

Don't be fooled by these misogynistic views; this is still a very patriarchal society, where man hold most of the control.

With the rise of Trump into the office, you'll see these stupid point of views be tried to passed on as facts, while in reality the problem is economic--pure and simple. The upper class, where both parties have wealth don't care about these petty problems. They gather their things and go, but most wealthy people stay married. (Please don't give me the movie star life as counter example, they are outliers and have different life styles than wealthy families based on the work they do.) Money provides mobility and freedom in America. When the middle class is shrinking, they are just looking to shove the blame to something else other than a proper working government.

It's rational for the opposite sex to look out for themselves, and if good paying jobs with benefits and retirement plans were available for the masses, there be a lot less lawsuits over who gets the car; that along proper education that starts at the home when the parent isn't working 2-3 jobs and now has time to pass down moral and ethical foundations to the next generation, so they are not easily steered by TV and "friends."

I'm not married because I haven't found the person that makes me want to marry them and because I don't make a wage big enough to raise a family, pure and simple. It's a shopping mall out there in the date scene, and there are so many options, but if I ever found someone I plainly desired and the feeling was returned, I would marry with little regret or worry about it. (Of course logistics come in to play too like; is she considerate, frugal, hard working, intelligent, and WISE. I'm sure the opposite sex is looking for the same thing, but lack of money limits our freedom.)

These stupid studies don't take into account the degradation of the family do to economic reasons. They also don't tell you how awful it was for women in the nuclear family model that is so highly fawking looked up to.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you are in your early 20s at most, and a recent university graduate. I can say this because I'm a product of a similar educational system that probably taught the same sociological ideology (University of Calfornia system). At that age, one doesn't pull such ideas out of a vacuum or through self-realization and lived experience; they are taught and learned.

I've also studied through U. Maryland and despite some variances between East and West coast academia, they both reflect Western academia at large.

I spent 8 years in the US Army, two of which were spent overseas, so I don't feel as though my views stem from a limited perspective, but through observation of a variety of cultures, peoples and ideologies. 

If you want to see mysogeny rather than as something you read about and discuss in class or amongst like-minded individuals, I would recommend living in the Middle East or regions of Asia that are less influenced by Western ideology than say Japan, the Republic of Korea and the coastal regions of the PRC that haven't been transformed by "Shanghai wealth." 

36 years old and work in Southern California, have a union job, where the divorce rate is way higher than the national average. Yes, I did attend the  University of California Riverside. Born and raised catholic, travelled to many different countries around the world, naming them would be dumb, but lets just say I know my fair share of the European, South & North American continents. I've yet to visit Africa, Australia and Asia, but they are on the list. I bagpack the countries I go and visit local museums and enjoy reading about them and talking to locals aswell as fellow travellers. I can do this because my job grants me 6 weeks of vacation each year which I take all at once and pick a destination.

I woud like to go to the Middle east, Russia, and Mongolia, Northern Africa, but because of the military industrial complex that the US empire funds, I may be put on some terrorist watch just for trying to fly into locations that hold different views than is spouted by the coporate propaganda machine (we call the media). My friend just recently was placed in the list for flying into Turkey. So yeah, living in those places you named my be no fun, but why should we compare ourselves with those extreme havens of religous idiology, strong patriachal history, or are communist dicatorships? Why not compare oursleves to other developed democratic countries like Australia, The Netherlands, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, or even Israel which is in the middle east, and ofcourse it's existance is sadly funded by US tax dollars.

I wonder how much my hippy style backpacking has affected my view compared to your military service duty (that I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it has a misogynistic history)

Interesting how our views have taken different paths from the same type of education system.

Military culuture. I'm not familiar with it, I never was interested in killing for corporations

I found the USA outside of major Cities to be a tad backwards on thoughts on Women based on my travels there.

eva01beserk said:
Cobretti2 said:

Thats because most guys are gutless when truth be told. They pretend to be some sort of imaginary expectation some woman have of what a man is. True be told those women should never marry and die off. Then real women will raise future woman with realistic expectations. If you set the rules up front and be yourself, chances are if the woman can put up with you, then she will stick around for the long hall.

It is when men think with their dicks and just pick the hottest thing that says yes as their life partner were things get into trouble.

Now lets move onto non married couples. Even if you don't marry and live together and have kids then 5-10years later have a relationship breakdown. The court will still most likely compensate the woman and make you pay child support. 

People are making marriage seem like a doomsday event, when in reality it isn't. 

Thouse are things I admited myself. I already said that I havent been with a women that is as economically wel off as myself and that that was the reason Im scared. and dint lie when I said it was because I wasent looking for that. Nor was I looking for comon interest, First thing I saw was looks then everything else. I know that way will probably never get me a trustworthy and economic equal. I had no one to blame but myself. But Im level headed enoughf to not think with my dick and chose not to marry thouse girls, wich is the real problem with most men as you said. When we fall in love we dont think rationally and commit to an awful person that will hurt us down the line. Somemen even marrry young and dont have the life experience to make the right choice and end having a horrible time.

The risks are way to high for thouse who even have good intentions going in, like some said before, knew their partner for a long time and they just sudenly changed, or something happend along the way to make them hold a grudge, or just being targeted by a gold digger. The law has to make something to protect thesse individuals, men and women both fall victims to theese events, It just that men get it most of the time. Its the law that has to be updated like another poster said. Its an antient ritual that has not could not keep up with the modern era we live in.

child support is nowhere near as bad as alamony. its loosing your assets by half and paying the rest of your life 50% of your peak earnings that gets you. 

And yes, living together for over 2 years makes you comon law married and has the same consequenses. Wich is why I said in a previous post that even living with a women was out of my plans.

First i should clarify. my post wasn't exacty targeted at you but in general what i have observed around me over the years.

What i was really saying is damned if you do and damned it you don't.  Most men want a child in life to continue the line, therefore they need a mate.

To survive long term, it is honestly being able to land that level headed girl.  Hence why I said it is best to be yourself to see how they can handle you. Sometimes it even helps to annoy them just to see how they react. A level headed woman will explode but will quickly come to her senses or just say stop annoying me. A drama queen will continue the drama.

Same goes for women, they need to weed out the paranoid men and all is good.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
DraconianAC said:

Its not "misogynistic". Like I said before, both men and women fall victims to theese horrible divorce setlements. It just it happens more to men cuz most often the men are the primary earners. And it really gets bad when they are the sole earners. But again, women fall victim to it as well, just not as often so you dont really have them making an uproar over it like men do.

The problem is not women like you seem to think we are blaming, its the marriege. The laws have to be changed. Its way to harmfull to the one with the money, both men and women. Like you said, when both have money or are on equal terms, this is never an issue. They take what they both know its theirs and split. the law is making it dificult to be with someone uness they are your economic equal, wich should not be something to messure a future relationships. Not somthing to take into account who you want children with. Not something to take into account of who you can fall in love with. 

Right now I want to have a loving relationship and all that, and the only way to do so is by aavoiding marriage and even living together. Not because of women, but because of the law is fucked up, and even if I find a great women, I could be fooled by a camelion later, could be a gold digger, I could do something to piss her off and she holds a grudge later, I can think shes perfect at first and we just see the reality once living toghether, our lives could just takes down diferent paths and e have to split while still in love. No matter how good the relationship  was, how much in love, the good intentions, being deceived r what ever, if your not economically equal, you will get f**ked. 

Oh its Trump alright, his presidency has enbolden those that would stay silent to start speaking about woman having too much power in todays age.

I don't understand why the laws are fawked up to the richer party? You can always agree to a prenaptual agreement in the first place, if you agree to joint custody then you don't need to pay for child support, and if you picked you future wife with your head, rather than you dick, then you'll see that she may or may not be a bitch (a money loving one). You can totally see it, just stop looking at her body and listen to the way she acts, what she likes to spend her money on, and the things she says when she isn't complimenting you.

Stop blaming women or the law's. They are fine, If you want to sleep around, expect there to be consequences, just like women have them. Before men could lie, cheat, and leave. Now they are punished for such behavior. If a woman you knew started being nice to you for no apperant reason, would you think she is just trying to be friends, get your attention, or get something from you? If you answered all the above, then you'll in the right direction. Now turn it over, and imagine you're a girl, and ask yourself the same question with a guy approaching you.

LadyJasmine said:
I found the USA outside of major Cities to be a tad backwards on thoughts on Women based on my travels there.

You would have to elborate. 

I havent been many places in the USA, But from where Ive been and where I live now, people dont seem to take a single thought. ALways met some who think its the 50's, some radical feminist, some level heded feminist, places that look like sitcoms(I actually live in a suburban place in PA that looks like it they filmed sitcomes, or scary movies, definetly some masacre movies where people scream and the next hhouse is like a mile away and nobody hears). The places that do seem a bit backwards have been majorly religious towns.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

teamsilent13 said:

I went back to college recently and this girl with ukranian background gave me tons of signs she was interested in me. sat next to me first day of class, third day of class we had first lab and she sat next to me first time which is in another room, before lab we stand in hallway and about 30% of the time she stands across from me instead of in line, one time i asked professor for help and professor had to go and she suddenly rushes to answer my question which created awkwardness because i understood what i did wrong after 10 seconds and she kept going, one day her lab partner is not there and she suddenly ends up near me and my partner and every 2 minutes asks to confirm results, which is bs because she gets over 100% on about every exam, i'm always there early in class and everytime she gets there early she says hello to me specifically, there is a random desk in the hallway and one day i sit down there and that very same day she puts her bookbag on the opposite side of the same desk. she was quite good looking, but i am not interested in an 18 year old girl (especially a girl deeply ingrained in a culture and country i know nothing about) because i am 25 and haven't been in a relationship in about 4 years. final story is i stalked her social media and it's filled with marriage crap and marriage clothing from ukraine and it got me wondering if her parents are pressuring her into finding a man to marry. 

Good boy. you did your homework. It works both way though, women should be able to do the same thing to men too, no? After all, She isn't your cup of tea, and one day, you may be into a girl that doesn't reguard you as her cup as well.

eva01beserk said:
LadyJasmine said:

You would have to elborate. 

I havent been many places in the USA, But from where Ive been and where I live now, people dont seem to take a single thought. ALways met some who think its the 50's, some radical feminist, some level heded feminist, places that look like sitcoms(I actually live in a suburban place in PA that looks like it they filmed sitcomes, or scary movies, definetly some masacre movies where people scream and the next hhouse is like a mile away and nobody hears). The places that do seem a bit backwards have been majorly religious towns.

Well like I was stranded at the side of the road one time in Utah with my female friend (traveling) and felt guys would only help in return for a sexual favour which I never had anyone ever in Canada do that to me before when in a similar situation. It was late at night and a cop helped us but it seems any bar or anything was like guys think I am just an object then a person.

DraconianAC said:
eva01beserk said:

Oh its Trump alright, his presidency has enbolden those that would stay silent to start speaking about woman having too much power in todays age.

I don't understand why the laws are fawked up to the richer party? You can always agree to a prenaptual agreement in the first place, if you agree to joint custody then you don't need to pay for child support, and if you picked you future wife with your head, rather than you dick, then you'll see that she may or may not be a bitch (a money loving one). You can totally see it, just stop looking at her body and listen to the way she acts, what she likes to spend her money on, and the things she says when she isn't complimenting you.

Stop blaming women or the law's. They are fine, If you want to sleep around, expect there to be consequences, just like women have them. Before men could lie, cheat, and leave. Now they are punished for such behavior. If a woman you knew started being nice to you for no apperant reason, would you think she is just trying to be friends, get your attention, or get something from you? If you answered all the above, then you'll in the right direction. Now turn it over, and imagine you're a girl, and ask yourself the same question with a guy approaching you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q504LcDsPk0