By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Donald Trump plainly admits to lying about his central campaign promises.

RJ_Sizzle said:

It's like none of this is real. I must be in a coma. It's the only way I can explain this madness. You know in the movies when people turn on the villain because he's on a hot mic and says something insulting about the people who supported him? That trope is dead now, because Trump has bent the laws of the universe and has gained power from openly duping people. He can say, "Thanks for voting for me you knuckle-dragging bunch of rubes!" and people would line up to thank him for his honesty. I-I-I can't process it. My brain is hurting.

yup. You got that right.

Around the Network
numberwang said:
Lefil said:

What is it with you Republicans inability to accept facts. Sounds like you have the same problem Reagan did after he got outed for selling MISSILES TO IRAN, he said at the time" A few months ago I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and the evidence tell me it is not" What is with the inability to accept the truth. This is how it has worked for years: Republicans fuck up the economy then Democrats clean up the mess and improve the economy, once things start to improve Republicans take credit and promise even more if they are elected. They get elected. Then Republicans fuck up the economy again.

It is too easy to manipulate with statistics... and people are so confident in them.

The reality is a declining labor particpation rate and 95 Mio able-bodied Americans out of a job in America.

The reality is people are willing to work for far less in other countries. Americans thumb their nose down at $8/hour. $8/hour gets your 4-5 workers in China, lol, and Americans expect paid medical, dental, paid vacation, etc. Corporate tax rates and trade deals don't change the fact that you can make virtually any product cheaper any where than in America. The other problem -- automation is becoming cheaper than any workers at all. To pay an actual worker to do that job is $25/hour and the robot can work 18-19-20 hours, etc. Do you know even Chinese manufacturers are moving to Africa. I'm pretty sure it's that way with most of the Trump brand products. He & his little princess Ivanka are never going to manufacture any of their crap in the US. They care about themselves and their wallets, only. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3824617/Trump-factory-jobs-sent-China-never-come-back.html

Oh, and Carrier is going to invest most of the money from its deal with Trump into … automation.

"Carrier’s parent company, United Technologies, admitted in an interview to CNBC that they are investing $16 million in automation in order to compete with Mexico."
http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/09/the-carrier-jobs-trump-saved-will-be-automated-anyway/#ixzz4T62yoCJh

What you gonna do? It is the ''post-truth'' age. Facts don't matter.

As long as he can do it in a confident way, he can pretty much tell everyone he is going to f*** all them and he would still have supporters.

• He says he will ''drain the swamp'' and be a people's man, then follow up by installing a plutocracy with a 14 Billion cabinet (14Billion so far i mean)
  • Exxon had a $500M deal with Russia, who seem to have hacked the Democrats, that was blocked after Crimea crisis. Guess who is the new secretary of state?
  • EPA led by a climate change skeptic who already Advocated against EPA existence.
  • An Energy Secretary who wanted to scrap Energy Dept.
  • An Labor Secretary who opposes minimum wage to say the least. About 60 percent of Labor Department investigations of Carl’s Jr. restaurants have turned up violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act

And this goes on, and on, and on...

The thing though, is that this is only a small part of it.

When you look to the world, this is happening everywhere.
Trump in USA, BREXIT on england, Le Pen's in France, Hofner in Austria, Temer in Brazil (not actually elected by the people, but maybe that only makes it worst), and so on.

It is a World trend now, with just a few exceptions like Canada.

Around the Network

I hear a lot about the low labor participation rate, but it really isn't as clear as those plain graphs make it out to be. In fact, one of the biggest drivers of the downward trend we are seeing is our aging population.

One of the most commonly cited numbers tends to float around "100 million Americans out of work", but lets look into who those americans are.
-41million of those are retired (the vast majority of those being over 65)
-15million of those are in schooling
-About 12million of those are taking care of families (estimate based on graph scale)
-About 13million of those are disabled/ill (estimate based on graph scale)

When you actually account for these factors, the numbers get far less shocking. Here are some graphs showing how things changed and demonstrating the numbers I just listed.

It is getting impossible to take American media serious anymore... only primary sources can count as reliable. 

It's laughable that the Republicans only primary sources are Breitbart and Infowars!

Lefil said:
It's laughable that the Republicans only primary sources are Breitbart and Infowars!

Don't forget Youtube and Facebook. Its their most trusted sources.

I like how a lot of people are blaming white rednecks for this when the people to blame are the DNC for denying the seat to the actual democratic candidate, Sanders.

You know, the candidate that beat Trump in all the polls, whereas prior to her nomination Hillary couldn't?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames