By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Run DLs 3.5mil US (day1): Update $5mil revenue made in 1 day!

KLXVER said:
kitler53 said:

you can download the game for free.  the free download is basically a demo but since this is mobile we remarket it as "free to start" and call it innovation.  to play the entire game you most pay $10.

there are no additional purchases for the game so that $10 is the only way for it to make money.  i don't think there are ads either,.. i could be wrong about that.

So its just downloaded 3M times, not paid for?

Yes.I assume it also includes the people that eventually bought the game, but this is only the toal numbers of people that downloaded the game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
KLXVER said:

So its just downloaded 3M times, not paid for?

Yes.I assume it also includes the people that eventually bought the game, but this is only the toal numbers of people that downloaded the game.

Fair enough. I dont do mobile gaming, so I dont know how that shit work.lol

vivster said:
Jranation said:
Nintendo breaking records! Whats new!

It seems like Nintendo made a smart choice to make smartphone games to increase their IP awareness!

Can't wait for more or any details about the new 3D Mario on the Switch!

In before people thinking the Switch is just controller attachments for the new iPhone.

I can see Apple fans thinking it like that. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Not bad!

It is a bit short for being $10, but it's a great experience and I for one don't regret paying it. I'm looking forward to trying more online play and whatever else they'll add long-term.

You got to figure Apple definitely wants Nintendo to succeed on the largest scale price point possible as it means more money for both of them. However $5, $4, or even $3 may be a better price point to get better conversion, while still insisting that this is a premium, one-of-a-kind product.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Of course, the usuals trying to spin this in a negative way...ugh. Anyways, congrats to Nintendo!

Around the Network

Damn insane! This will have 100m downloads pretty easily very soon.

that's really really low for a platform that has game downloads in the 100 millions.
Guess mobile isn't frontloaded at all (which is expected I guess)

Nintendo should just use the free money from the app store to release a big juicy powerful console with their Nintendo flavor on it.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Congrats to Nintendo. I hope they can make some money out of it.

Ok was wrong before new op update...

http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/16/13985380/super-mario-run-downloads

3.5mil downloads US only