By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Run DLs 3.5mil US (day1): Update $5mil revenue made in 1 day!

Non of these are official numbers.

All these tech websites are dying for any "analytic firm" to give an estimate so they can report it regardless of the track record of those firms.

Let's wait. All you can do now is follow the top-grossing charts for fun, no conclusions can be drawn from that either.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Proves me right again. I said Nintendo were crazy avoiding iOS and android for so long and I was proved right. They've a massive audience there and big bucks to be made.

This launch is just iOS I believe? Will do very well whenever the android release happens. When is it?

Who argued this wouldnt do well? I believe at the time you were arguing that mobile should be their primary focus in addition to predicting the success of their mobile apps, which is probably what people were disagreeing with.

Here are some rankings from the top-grossing charts:

1 Germany, Canada , Switzerland, UK, France, Spain, Netherlands, USA, Austria, Denmark, Norway, Ecuador, Belgium, Mexico, Brazil, Austria, Chile, Hong Kong, Costa Rica, Colombia, Peru

2 Australia, Sweden (behind Spotify), Italy

3 Taiwan, Finland, Argentina

4 New Zealand, Bahrain, Poland

5 Ireland

6 Japan, Thailand, India, Indonesia

8 Singapore, Oman, Greece

9 Kuwait

10 South Africa

11 Vietnam

13 Croatia, Pakistan, Portugal, Philippines

16 UAE

20 Russia

22 Azerbaijan, Egypt

27 Saudi Arabia

31 Ukraine

33 Israel

58 Malaysia

71 Turkey

It's the top free app in all of the countries listed above. But clearly, not everyone is buying. In Venezuela it's the top free App but it's no where to be seen in the top grossing charts lol

The game isn't released in iOS biggest market yet, China. Korea is absent too.

Don't read much into the rankings, I am certainly not, I am waiting for the Japanese chart to update. It debuted at 6, it will be interesting to see where it will go from there, since Japan is the top smartphone game market.

RavenXtra said:
Kerotan said:

Proves me right again. I said Nintendo were crazy avoiding iOS and android for so long and I was proved right. They've a massive audience there and big bucks to be made.

This launch is just iOS I believe? Will do very well whenever the android release happens. When is it?

Who argued this wouldnt do well? I believe at the time you were arguing that mobile should be their primary focus in addition to predicting the success of their mobile apps, which is probably what people were disagreeing with.

Android and iOS in terms of revenue earned should be their main focus. It's got the most potential for profits.  They're still a million miles from maximising those profits because they haven't fully embraced it yet.  

I never said they should stop making console games. 

Super Mario Run’ Clocks More Than $5 Million in Revenue"

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news...ds-1201944212/

Around the Network

I love how people here can turn 3.5 mil downloads in one day into negative news.

Where can I see the Top grossing Charts for the USA?

tbone51 said:
Super Mario Run’ Clocks More Than $5 Million in Revenue"

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news...ds-1201944212/

Dude, learn how to URL please. Posting quotes means nothing if you don't post them properly. If you don't know how then post at least a URL of the gaf post you steal this from.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nintendo earns another victory. Can any other character pull opening numbers like this on a mobile platform? No way.

Now thats impressive.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1