By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Run DLs 3.5mil US (day1): Update $5mil revenue made in 1 day!

Boutros said:
Pokémon Go didn't have a worldwide release or a subscription program though. I don't know why people keep comparing both games anyway.

And you seem to have conveniently forgotten that Pokémon Go released on both platforms  (iOS, Android) whereas this game has only one. It's easy to come up with excuses to discredit a conversation. 

Around the Network
think-man said:
Downloads don't mean much if the only way it makes money is by purchasing the game lol 😂😂

More than a man, less than a think.

Is this all good news? Like is this decent or a lot to similar mobile games?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Helloplite said:
Boutros said:
Pokémon Go didn't have a worldwide release or a subscription program though. I don't know why people keep comparing both games anyway.

And you seem to have conveniently forgotten that Pokémon Go released on both platforms  (iOS, Android) whereas this game has only one. It's easy to come up with excuses to discredit a conversation. 

So why are you comparing it with Pokémon Go? That was the whole point of my post. They shouldn't be compared because their release history is fundamentally too different.

Mobile game crash incoming?

If casual gamers only buy Nintendo games then what's going to happen to all the non-Nintendo devs on smartphones?

Pokemon and Mario have already done to mobile charts the same thing they did to console charts.

How can they compete?

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Helloplite said:

So why are you comparing it with Pokémon Go? That was the whole point of my post. They shouldn't be compared because their release history is fundamentally too different.

Tell that to investors xD

Up to number 3 in the Japanese top-grossing chart, the biggest market for smartphone games. It was at 6, it went up to 5, and now at 3.

Still no.1 in Australia, USA, Canada, France, Germany, UK and many other European countries. It finally bypassed spotify in Sweden and hit no.1 there as well.

Still at No.2 in Italy behind Clash Royale. Come on Italy, love your Italian plumber!

Not released in China or South Korean yet.

No official numbers from Nintendo or Apple yet. The numbers we have are as reliable as VGC numbers, real numbers could be much better or much worse. 

One thing is true, the game is amazing. A GOTY contender.

tbone51 said:
Boutros said:

Same investors who didn't know Pokemon Go wasn't a Nintendo game? Ok.

LurkerJ said:

Up to number 3 in the Japanese top-grossing chart, the biggest market for smartphone games. It was at 6, it went up to 5, and now at 3.

Still no.1 in Australia, USA, Canada, France, Germany, UK and many other European countries. It finally bypassed spotify in Sweden and hit no.1 there as well.

Still at No.2 in Italy behind Clash Royale.

Not released in China or South Korean yet.

No official numbers from Nintendo or Apple yet. The numbers we have are as reliable as VGC numbers, real numbers could be much better or much worse. 

One thing is true, the game is amazing. A GOTY contender.

For a game that is so expensive(for a mobile game), Super mario Run is holding extremely well.Its been about three days and its only going up, both in downloads and top grossing.Hopefully it manages to stay that way for a while.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

LurkerJ said:
tbone51 said:

Same investors who didn't know Pokemon Go wasn't a Nintendo game? Ok.

I think we are on the same page here bro :o