By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Run DLs 3.5mil US (day1): Update $5mil revenue made in 1 day!

tbone51 said:
LurkerJ said:

Same investors who didn't know Pokemon Go wasn't a Nintendo game? Ok.

I think we are on the same page here bro :o

Opps. Sorry. Accept this apple as an apology:

Around the Network

Well, i think it's obvious how mobile consumers think: give us the game for free or pratically free, because we are not here to pay for products.

Developers have devalued the price of their own games so much that when someone tries to make you pay for pretty much the whole game, that idea sounds presposterous. And that is a really bad sign.

As i read in a twitter comment, i guess Iwata really was actually right - when he mentioned that the devalue of games could be a bad thing.

A month on from launch, I see Super Mario Run is currently #31 of the top grossing app's.
Clash Royale which launched many months before Super Mario Run is currently #1. Candy Crush Saga #3 launched over 4 years ago! How many billions has that earnt?
I guess the relative sales failure of Super Mario Run guarantees the upcoming Nintendo mobile games will be more nickle and diming oriented it does seem to gain more revenue

GProgrammer said:
A month on from launch, I see Super Mario Run is currently #31 of the top grossing app's.
Clash Royale which launched many months before Super Mario Run is currently #1. Candy Crush Saga #3 launched over 4 years ago! How many billions has that earnt?
I guess the relative sales failure of Super Mario Run guarantees the upcoming Nintendo mobile games will be more nickle and diming oriented it does seem to gain more revenue

Micro-transactions are meant to be repeated. SMR is a one-time payment of $10 so it's at a disadvantage.

Recently played the game on my cousin's iPhone. It's a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

KLAMarine said:

Micro-transactions are meant to be repeated. SMR is a one-time payment of $10 so it's at a disadvantage.

Yes its at a disadvantage revenue wise, thats why I say future Nintendo games will be Micro Transaction Driven.

Update a couple of days later I now see Super Mario Run has dropped down to #42 in the app store, It will be out of the top 50 soon.

The only record this app has broken is from #1 to out of the top 50 in record time.

Around the Network

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/277104/report-super-mario-run-tops-60-million-in-revenue/

The game went from a 'massive success' to a massive failure very quick, Just shows you how wrong initial opinions can be, Perhaps this thread can be used as a warning in future