By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Run DLs 3.5mil US (day1): Update $5mil revenue made in 1 day!

The game was the top grossing game in US around 1 hour ago.Obviosly not having precise data makes it hard to guess, but I think a good percentage of that number bought the game.Putting the fact with the game position in other countries, 20% is a good guess(that bought the game).

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
vivster said:
So it's world wide. That's 3m free downloads of the supposedly biggest icon in gaming on a 1 billion unit install base.

Hooray?

What do you mean by free downloads?

I mean that the downloads are free.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

it was also the most heavily promoted app in iphone history.

it's not a bad number mind you but context is important. it will have very different legs than pokemon go which wasn't as heavily promoted and was free to play.

i'd be very interested in the purchase rate,.. $10 for a runner is just soooo expensive.

KLXVER said:
vivster said:
So it's world wide. That's 3m free downloads of the supposedly biggest icon in gaming on a 1 billion unit install base.

Hooray?

you can download the game for free.  the free download is basically a demo but since this is mobile we remarket it as "free to start" and call it innovation.  to play the entire game you most pay $10.

there are no additional purchases for the game so that $10 is the only way for it to make money.  i don't think there are ads either,.. i could be wrong about that.

vivster said:
KLXVER said:

I mean that the downloads are free.

Pretty sure the game is 10$...

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
KLXVER said:

you can download the game for free.  the free download is basically a demo but since this is mobile we remarket it as "free to start" and call it innovation.  to play the entire game you most pay $10.

there are no additional purchases for the game so that $10 is the only way for it to make money.  i don't think there are ads either,.. i could be wrong about that.

So its just downloaded 3M times, not paid for?

Nintendo breaking records! Whats new!

It seems like Nintendo made a smart choice to make smartphone games to increase their IP awareness!

Can't wait for more or any details about the new 3D Mario on the Switch!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

KLXVER said:
kitler53 said:

So its just downloaded 3M times, not paid for?

Yes. Until someone official gives us revenue numbers we can only guess how many people actually bought it.

But big numbers make for a good article, don't you think?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

It's like others have pointed out; let's see how long this will continue. How will week 2 or 4, or 10 be like? That's the real question. I have a feeling we'll be seeing quite a big drop off soon, since most mobile gamers aren't willing to pay for games.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Jranation said:
Nintendo breaking records! Whats new!

It seems like Nintendo made a smart choice to make smartphone games to increase their IP awareness!

Can't wait for more or any details about the new 3D Mario on the Switch!

In before people thinking the Switch is just controller attachments for the new iPhone.