By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729
Mbolibombo said:
It all depends really.

I cant say before what system I will get it for if I dont know the facts. A combination of the following:

* Performance: Is it A LOT better on one system clearly, that is the system to buy it for
* If it has multiplayer: Obviously the system where my friends play it as well
* Is it something I would play on the go?
* We dont know yet what the Switch actually has to offer, some games might just give another experience since it has it's hybrid thingy
* Exclusive content would matter

A combination of all these, if performance is similar I would likely go with the switch since handheld is also a possibility unless there is some sort of massive exclusive contet for another system

I own PC, PS4, will own a Switch a launch and possibly a Scorpio down the road.

I would be very surprised if this was the case. It's really not a hybrid. It's just a portable console.

Around the Network

PlayStation will be my home for multi platform titles since it offers the best value. Having one purchase work across PS Vita, PS3, PS4, Android, iOS, MAC, and PC is well beyond what anyone in the industry is offering right now.

Add in the fact that PlayStation software is now not only scaling down, but also thanks to the Pro many titles are also getting performance upgrades as well. So you have the best of PC, console, mobile, and streaming all on one ecosystem.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Depends on the game and what is my main platform at the time.

ironmanDX said:
Depends on the game. If it's story focused, I'm more likely to buy it on switch. Especially if I intend to play no multiplayer whatsoever. You won't see me buying a multiplayer heavy game on the Switch. You wouldn't be able to play the multiplayer component when away from home. There's no chance it'll have mobile internet access.

The rumor is that it will have mobile internet access. (the $300 version will allegedly enable 4G LTE)

spemanig said:
Mbolibombo said:
It all depends really.

I cant say before what system I will get it for if I dont know the facts. A combination of the following:

* Performance: Is it A LOT better on one system clearly, that is the system to buy it for
* If it has multiplayer: Obviously the system where my friends play it as well
* Is it something I would play on the go?
* We dont know yet what the Switch actually has to offer, some games might just give another experience since it has it's hybrid thingy
* Exclusive content would matter

A combination of all these, if performance is similar I would likely go with the switch since handheld is also a possibility unless there is some sort of massive exclusive contet for another system

I own PC, PS4, will own a Switch a launch and possibly a Scorpio down the road.

I would be very surprised if this was the case. It's really not a hybrid. It's just a portable console.

A portable console is a hybrid. It's like saying a SUV isn't a car. 

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
PlayStation will be my home for multi platform titles since it offers the best value. Having one purchase work across PS Vita, PS3, PS4, Android, iOS, MAC, and PC is well beyond what anyone in the industry is offering right now.

Add in the fact that PlayStation software is now not only scaling down, but also thanks to the Pro many titles are also getting performance upgrades as well. So you have the best of PC, console, mobile, and streaming all on one ecosystem.

That is a very cool, very under-utilized feature, even if it can be cumbersome at times.

Soundwave said:
spemanig said:

No, it's like saying a laptop isn't a smartphone.

spemanig said:
Soundwave said:

Not really, a laptop doesn't have phone functions and is 15x larger than a smartphone, and they completely different OS and huge gaps in processing ability. 

Switch is the same size as a small tablet, hell it's really not THAT much bigger than a 3DS XL. 

Soundwave said:
spemanig said:

Not really, a laptop doesn't have phone functions and is 15x larger than a smartphone, and they completely different OS and huge gaps in processing ability. 

Switch is the same size as a small tablet, hell it's really not THAT much bigger than a 3DS XL. 

Yes, really. Switch is to home consoles what a laptop is to a desktop. A small laptop, admittedly. I'd personally compare it more to a laptablet or those tablets with the keyboard cases, but even that has functionally more in common with a laptop than a smartphone.

The Jon-Con's are the Switch's analog to the keyboard on a laptop/laptablet/keyboard case, and them being detachable is an integral part of its design, as is the kick-stand. It's not a mixture of two concepts, its a very specific and independant one. Regardless of the size, the point is to replicate a home console play experience on the go. The intended use scenario is having the Switch on a table with the kick-stand out, and playing with the joycons detatched. That is not a hybrid experience. That is not a home console plus handheld experience. That is a portable console experience and that is an experience that resembles a laptop, not a home console and not a smartphone (and a tablet only if the keyboard case is permanently attached and exclusively used, which is not the intended use scenario for a tablet).

PS4 all the way. Portable gaming to me is not convenient, in fact gaming anywhere else but my couch is highly inconvenient and lower grade. When I'm not home, I'm doing something where it's not the time or place for gaming anyways.