By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729

It really depends on mostly two things:

A)If the Switch version is not considerably inferior to the other versions.

B)Perceived value.As long as the Switch version is not more expensive than the others or/and if the portability factor for one particular game makes it more desirable than the others.

All in all, Ill be buying the version that ends up being more convenient to me.So my answer is both version, whatever I think its best.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

PC.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

I wont own a switch, unless someone gifts it to me. Owning a WiiU made me realize that I don't really like many Nintendo IPs so unless it gets some nice third party exclusives then I can't see myself buying one.

I'll have everything except PC. For me, it goes like this:

Xbox One-online games, console exclusives, certain 3rd party franchises (GTA, Saints Row, WWE, etc)

PS4-noticeably superior graphics, certain 3rd party franchises (Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Dead Space)

Switch--Nintendo games, indie games

Id want the best looking versions of multiplats, I can get.
For me thatd mean the PS4/PC.

Switch will be for games I cant get on the PS4/PC.

Around the Network

Lately I've been getting multiplats on Xbox One, as they're often cheaper and I like the controller a lot more than DualShock 4.

Since Switch is emulating the asymmetrical Xbox controller layout (and using carts to boot!), maybe I'll get multiplats on Switch. They would have to perform well and cost as little as the competition, though.

Double post...here are some kittens:

Switch

Jranation said:
cycycychris said:
Switch, since I don't directly own a Xbone or a PS4.

Same here

You are not a big Anime-and Jrpg-fan, right ? What you missed on all the great JRPGs and anime games, wow. Since my anime! and gamer heart cries, honestly *-*

Topic: For me - Of course for PS4. 1. The PS4 is at 95% of the most developers lead platform. 2. PS4 is significantly stronger than the "switch", this is good&easy for the game development. 3. Next Year - maybe the PS4 Pro is lead platform for games in future (and the next xbox is coming). in future: the games are bigger and with many more details + better graphic. Thats why - i buy no multigames on "switch". Maybe end of 2018, when a switch upgrade with stronger hardware and better battery appears.

spemanig said:
I'm surprised at how well the Switch is polling considering the responses in the thread.

Really? Have you been to this forum?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.