By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729

Depends on whether its a game I'd want to be able to take on-the-go vs. a game that I'd want to look/perform as good as possible. I've always enjoyed handhelds, so I'm definitely not opposed to being able to play traditionally console-only games on a handheld device even if they take a bit of a hit visually.

Around the Network

Switch.

I'll actually be able to play games more often due to its portability and being able to take with me to work/trips/etc.

I'm positive games will play well on NS and there is no feature on the other consoles which will make them necessary vs NS portability and/or off-tv play.

spemanig said:
vivster said:

Really? Have you been to this forum?

I don't think skewing towards Nintendo should effect this poll. You can like Nintendo more and play multiplatform games on something else.

Except that a lot of people go way beyond liking and will skew polls for it. It also seems that Nintendo fans are less likely to own other means of gaming than the other way around.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I have NO doubt that Nintendo will provide quality 1st and 2nd party title. With that said, my default for multi-platform titles will be on the PS4 Pro. If I only owned a Switch, I'll buy multi-platform titles if I'm that big of a fan of that game or series on the Switch. Otherwise, I'll wait in hopes of buying another (unassumingly) more powerful console to the run multi-platform titles.

vivster said:
spemanig said:

I don't think skewing towards Nintendo should effect this poll. You can like Nintendo more and play multiplatform games on something else.

Except that a lot of people go way beyond liking and will skew polls for it. It also seems that Nintendo fans are less likely to own other means of gaming than the other way around.

If you own multiple systems, I don't see why there would be any reason to believe that you would actively buy a version you like less. You've already payed money for the other platform. There's little room for skewing there. If you own a PS4 and a Switch, you've payed money to play games on your PS4. I don't understand how someone can then say that they'd somehow go "beyond," and skew the polling infavor of Nintendo when they own both platforms.

I accounted for that in the new poll. If someone only owns a Switch, there's an option for that. There are exactly 8 so far, so that scenario seems like it will be the minority.

Around the Network

Games that I prefer to use with a keyboard and mouse like shooters i'll always get on PC as well as most multiplayer games, and with the Switch i'd likely get everything else if it's available on the platform and it performs well

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I'll buy most of them on the Switch since my only other platform is PC as long as they aren't massively flawed, I want to prove Third Party developers that Nintendo fans play their games IF they are good.

b00moscone said:
Games that I prefer to use with a keyboard and mouse like shooters i'll always get on PC as well as most multiplayer games, and with the Switch i'd likely get everything else if it's available on the platform and it performs well

Keyboard and mouse is also a really good point. If I grew up with that control scheme, I don't think portability would be worth the sacrifice of control to me either.

Here is a perfect example. The new Shantae Half-Genie Hero game. I will wait for the game on Switch because it will be graphicaly identical to the PS4 version. (Yes, I know it's not a big AAA game.) The Switch version will be superior to the PS4 version because I can play it anywhere. The poor PS4 version is stuck at home and nobody loves it.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Luke888 said:

I'll buy most of them on the Switch since my only other platform is PC as long as they aren't massively flawed, I want to prove Third Party developers that Nintendo fans play their games IF they are good.

This is just me, but I wouldn't buy the Switch version of games unless you really want it there. Your individual purchasing habits won't move the needle either way if everyone else isn't buying the Switch because they genuinely prefer it. You have nothing to prove to third party devs - Nintendo does.