By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [New Poll] Will you buy multiplatform games on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC?

Will you buy multiplats on Switch or PS4/XBO/PC if you own both systems?

Switch 270 37.04%

PS4/XBO/PC 331 45.40%

Won't own a Switch 109 14.95%

Won't own a PS4/XBO/PC 19 2.61%

Total:729
Goodnightmoon said:

On the Switch, not only you can play on the go but in whatever position you like, I sometimes have back problems and stop playing because it starts hurting me, with WiiU it was easy to play in whatever position when that happens and so it will be with Switch, but this time everywhere you want, and also looks like games will look great on that screen.

Also, that poll is hardly representative, what do you think the hater comunity with no intentions of ever getting a Nintendo console is voting? At least give a third option with "I don't give a ..."

If the 'haters' have 'no intentions of ever getting a Nintendo console' then their votes for the PS4/X1/PC are accurate, no?

Regardless, Nintendo fans are the largest demographic on this site. The poll actually made that pretty clear. The Switch was going up against 3 separate platforms combined as one in the poll, will likley run the overwhelming majority multi-platform titles worse than its competitors, and yet as of a few minutes before spemanig changed the poll it'd still managed 36% of the vote. The Switch does have its own advantages, but few that would pull in non-Nintendo fans in this specific instance. I agree more options were needed (and i'm glad spemanig has added some), but the bolded is still a tad silly.

Around the Network

I might actually buy Skyrim for a third time for the Switch, if the game is released on the system. Being able to bring our games where ever you are, is a pretty big selling point.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

well it depends on switches online functions, so games like Battlefield have to has in game chat etc. Stuff like Assassins creed I would definitely pick on switch just so I could play them on long flights and car journeys.

Toss-up between PC and PS4, depending on quality of release, type of game, whether I want it in physical form, etc.

Even if I end up owning a switch, I have doubts about getting any multiplats on it.

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

On the Switch, not only you can play on the go but in whatever position you like, I sometimes have back problems and stop playing because it starts hurting me, with WiiU it was easy to play in whatever position when that happens and so it will be with Switch, but this time everywhere you want, and also looks like games will look great on that screen.

Also, that poll is hardly representative, what do you think the hater comunity with no intentions of ever getting a Nintendo console is voting? At least give a third option with "I don't give a ..."

If the 'haters' have 'no intentions of ever getting a Nintendo console' then their votes for the PS4/X1/PC are accurate, no?

Regardless, Nintendo fans are the largest demographic on this site. The poll actually made that pretty clear. The Switch was going up against 3 separate platforms combined as one in the poll, will likley run the overwhelming majority multi-platform titles worse than its competitors, and yet as of a few minutes before spemanig changed the poll it'd still managed 36% of the vote. The Switch does have its own advantages, but few that would pull in non-Nintendo fans in this specific instance. I agree more options were needed (and i'm glad spemanig has added some), but the bolded is still a tad silly.

Yeah, I want to be clear that that post is not the reason why I updated the poll. Like I said, everyone is being reasonable. No 'haters' in sight.

Around the Network

Seems like a case by case thing to me. Some games would definitely benefit from having access on the go, but I think I'll tend to swing PS4 on most cases by default just for the likely visual improvements and trophy support, it's the only ecosystem I've really gotten invested in, and I doubt that'll change even if Nintendo comes up with their own achievement system.

Nogamez said:
well it depends on switches online functions, so games like Battlefield have to has in game chat etc. Stuff like Assassins creed I would definitely pick on switch just so I could play them on long flights and car journeys.

Yeah, that's a really good point. While I think that the Switch's portability will have a lot more mass market appeal than my poll suggests, I don't think that will matter at all if there isn't parity when it comes to features like that. I'd love to play Overwatch on the go (assuming the data rumors are true), but not if it doesn't have basic features like in-game chat. In cases like those, I'd chose the PS4/XBO/PC version.

Well, since I don't own a PS4 or XOne, I would go with the Switch version, if it's a game that I'm interested in :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I have PS4 and I will buy Switch ofcourse, I will buy most of multiplatforms for PS4, but I will definitely buy at least some multiplatforms for Switch, maybe Skyrim..

I'm not interested in Switch. Unless they make a powerful home console variant or after 3 years they still have quality 3rd party support. Otherwise I don't want to get burned again like I did with Wii U. Right now my Xbox One S is doing well for me and with Scorpio around the corner I don't think I could go with a machine that is marginally more powerful than Wii U.