By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

CGI-Quality said:
Johnw1104 said:

Is it against the rules to suggest a game looks better than Last Guardian? Lol

I don't think they're the only two to find that game was a bit of a letdown given how much hype and production time was involved.

Given the art styles, it seems a relevant comparison.

Given the context, it wasn't necessary. Being disappointed in it also is irrelevant in here. So please stay on topic.

Fair enough, I asked as I was about to make the comparison myself before I saw those. I don't trust stills at all, but I will say that's the art style I'd hoped for with that other game.

On topic, I gotta say I hope the real game ends up looking something like this. Nintendo has always been the best in the industry at making beautiful games on limited hardware, and given this needs to work on a handheld they'll have to continue that trend. Hopefully 3rd parties embrace that challenge and don't just shift some bad ports over that don't run well. Resolution need not be the determining factor in whether a game is appealing to the eye or not.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
COKTOE said:

Vat is dis? Purty.

A Boy And His Kite

Cool, thanks. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Darwinianevolution said:
Nuvendil said:

I'm betting this "leak" was planned.  I mean come on, the timing of this leak in relation to the announcement of this game and the Switch showing up on the Tonight Show is just WAAAY to conveniently orchestrated :P

And another thing, if Nintendo had restricted them, they wouldn't have tweeted about it opwnly.  Those NDAs are pretty airtight.

Yeah, this really looks planned. Well, I'm sure both Nintendo and the dev needed the extra attention, so it's all good. I wonder how the other companies feel about the NDAs, though.

I doubt they "feel" much of anything on the subject of NDAs.  They're just a part of the business.  Devs issue them, publishers issue them.  Shoot, when I asked to negotiate a licensing price for the full version of CryEngine 3 (back before Crytek went to crap) I was asked to sign one.  So the vast majority don't care peobably.

If this really represents the graphical capabilities of the Switch, I can certainly get behind that. :D

Hynad said:
If this really represents the graphical capabilities of the Switch, I can certainly get behind that. :D

I don't really see much going as far as effects, not even lens flair, but I will also take into consideration that these are stills of an indie game and the system is a portable. 

It's good for a portable, and I mean reaaaaaallllllyyyyy good.

Around the Network

I have Aspergers lol.
This game is Artistic Autistic Adventure. AAA. ;)
I look forward to it.

They certainly have my attention.
Now I need to actually see the game in action, then go from there.

Art style being subjective, on a technical level that looks way better than Zelda.

If the Switch is capable of producing these graphics in real time, I think most any PS4/XB1 would be able to be ported to the system. Might require a few hoops to jump through and 720p resolution, but still.

That looks like a PS4/XB1 game straight up and even a good looking one at that.

Looks like the Switch shall get the 3rd party this time 'round.
This game looks like a must buy for me.

Let's not celebrate too soon; it wouldn't be the first time promotional screens looked way better than the actual game.

If these are legit though, colour me seriously impressed.

SegataSanshiro said:
I have Aspergers lol.
This game is Artistic Autistic Adventure. AAA. ;)
I look forward to it.

Wooo, Aspies represent, brother! :D