By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

CGI-Quality said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Bullshots ofcourse.

What makes that so apparent? 

Nothing, looks like screenshots to me. Maybe it's hard to believe that a switch can produce this level of quality because of the form factor and the price. I will use the switch as a handheld and a Nintendo handheld powerful enough for a game like this is a dream.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:

Nuvendil said:

Well, with regards to Zelda, three things to keep in mind are 1) Zelda is cross gen, 2) Zelda appears to have a far more expansive seamless world, and 3) we don't know how many systems and such are at play in Seasons of Heaven but we know Zelda has a lot going on.  If Zelda runs in 1080p at a locked 3fps - dropping to 720p in handheld - with other image quality improvements like AA and sharper textures over the Wii U version, it would be nothing to sneeze at.  Not saying this game isn't more impressive in several ways, just that 1) it ought to be since it isn't crossgen and 2) Zelda isn't a weak showing.

i doubt we'll see anything more but a few more frames on the switch version. similar to what happend with twilight princess .. wii had the power but shigeru didnt allowed it for some fucked up reason.

To fair Switch will be much more stronger than Wii U, than Wii compared to GC.

CGI-Quality said:
xl-klaudkil said:
Bullshots ofcourse.

What makes that so apparent? 

Probably referring to the strange aspect ratio of the screenshots, they've definitely been edited in some way, though that doesn't necessarily mean they've been graphically enhanced into "bullshots".

CGI-Quality said:

Now I know we don't know the full story, but I'm giving The Switch 100% benefit of the doubt. No reason not to.

Yup, all we can infer from these screenshots is that both:

A. They've been cropped.

B. They're not captured directly from the system or the images have been compressed.

And the images imply the game runs at 720p, but we can't know that for sure.

I agree, I don't see anything to make me believe they are "bullshots". I.E Enhanced in visual quality beyond what can run on the system in practice.

Looks like in-engine shots to me. The game should looks mostly the same as far as assets go, except what's shown here probably has better lightning/shadows, AA, draw distance, etc.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
nomad said:
Looks like in-engine shots to me. The game should looks mostly the same as far as assets go, except what's shown here probably has better lightning/shadows, AA, draw distance, etc.

Eh, I doubt even that. I expect what you control to actually look like this.

I think there are few people who were convinced the Switch hardware would be a complete turd.

So, KH3 confirmed for Switch?

The fact that they themselves announced it and not on January 12 with Nintendo probably means that Nintendo has no part in its development, nor are they publishing it. And more that they're just exclusive to the platform by choice, to gain press because its a exclusive(smart idea).

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Oh my god, I simply can't believe this is running on the Switch! I was going to assume that the Switch was just a Wii-U in a handheld form, but this far exceeds anything I would think Nintendo would release, especially in a handheld form. I mean, I don't expect the Switch to get PS4 ports, but the fact we have this kind of graphical quality coming from Nintendo, and on a handheld, reminds me of production efforts similar to Sony.

If you would have told me this was a PS4 game, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

I don't know why people tell me to get a life. I'm a gamer, I have lots of lives!

Ali_16x said:
The fact that they themselves announced it and not on January 12 with Nintendo probably means that Nintendo has no part in its development, nor are they publishing it. And more that they're just exclusive to the platform by choice, to gain press because its a exclusive(smart idea).

If it gets a physical release, it will probably be Nintendo.  Though maybe not, but I would bet on it.  We'll know for sure in January