By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

curl-6 said:

So according to the article, the protagonist is a boy with autism.

As an autistic myself, I am interested to see how this is represented.

if that's true, I can't wait to play it as well. Most games/shows which have autistic people typically represent them accurately

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Gameblog: Seasons of Heaven coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch, first screens

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/64355-seasons-of-heaven-exclusif-nintendo-switch-premieres-photos-

Art Style

I hope Capcom make a mainline Monster Hunter game for the Switch

Werix357 said:

I hope Capcom make a mainline Monster Hunter game for the Switch

Switch is also handheld, so that means that Monster Hunter games is almost guarantee for Switch, probably in 1st year.

curl-6 said:
bonzobanana said:

wii is only a gamecube running with an increased 50% speed plus it has 64MB of buffer/cache memory to replace the slower 16MB buffer/cache memory of the gamecube. I think the wii version was slightly higher res due to widescreen support and had to process motion controls so some of that extra processing was absorbed that way. I had both Twilight Princess on Gamecube and wii at the time and I remember there was more slowdown on the wii version possibly due to disc access. The little gamecube discs were lightning fast with very low seek times for obvious reasons.

Wii's 64MB of memory is not just buffer/cache. On Gamecube it was, cos it was slow DRAM, but on Wii this was upgraded to GDDR3. Also, motion controls  in the Wii version of TP don't really require any more processing than analogue stick input in the Gamecube version, and has pretty much zero impact on performance.

It still has the same function as a large buffer because its data bus to the main cpu and gpu is slow compared to the other memory . The gamecube discs were quite small at about 1.2GB but wii has 8GB dvd discs with a dual layer on some discs and the absense of a hard drive means caching the optical drive is very important. I'm pretty sure when I read articles about development on wii it was exactly the same use just upgraded due to a optical disc 7 times larger but much slower seek times. Nintendo seemed obsessed with making the gamecube discs almost seem as fast as loading from cartridges and pretty much did the same again with wii. It is noticably faster and less pauses than ps2 and dreamcast games only beaten by the xbox thanks to its built in hard drive. However even the xbox is slower if its a new game that hasn't been stored in one of 3 700mb caches set aside for the last 3 games played.

With regards additional processing of the wii remote I believe it causes additional input lag above that of the wireless input lag and requires tracking of motion to respond to games. I.e. if your playing a tennis game for example it takes additional measurements regarding the swing of your arm and presents a sequence of values to the program to be calculated. It tracks your motion in 3 dimensional space and Nintendo even went beyond this to increase the sampling rate and accuracy of movement with the wii remote plus to improve the feature. It's pretty much the same as kinect except it uses electrical data from sensors rather than processed video data but it still has to be processed and so additional cpu work is required. Of course how much additional processing is debatable but I don't think there is any debate that additional processing is required.

bonzobanana said:
curl-6 said:

Wii's 64MB of memory is not just buffer/cache. On Gamecube it was, cos it was slow DRAM, but on Wii this was upgraded to GDDR3. Also, motion controls  in the Wii version of TP don't really require any more processing than analogue stick input in the Gamecube version, and has pretty much zero impact on performance.

It still has the same function as a large buffer because its data bus to the main cpu and gpu is slow compared to the other memory . The gamecube discs were quite small at about 1.2GB but wii has 8GB dvd discs with a dual layer on some discs and the absense of a hard drive means caching the optical drive is very important. I'm pretty sure when I read articles about development on wii it was exactly the same use just upgraded due to a optical disc 7 times larger but much slower seek times. Nintendo seemed obsessed with making the gamecube discs almost seem as fast as loading from cartridges and pretty much did the same again with wii. It is noticably faster and less pauses than ps2 and dreamcast games only beaten by the xbox thanks to its built in hard drive. However even the xbox is slower if its a new game that hasn't been stored in one of 3 700mb caches set aside for the last 3 games played.

With regards additional processing of the wii remote I believe it causes additional input lag above that of the wireless input lag and requires tracking of motion to respond to games. I.e. if your playing a tennis game for example it takes additional measurements regarding the swing of your arm and presents a sequence of values to the program to be calculated. It tracks your motion in 3 dimensional space and Nintendo even went beyond this to increase the sampling rate and accuracy of movement with the wii remote plus to improve the feature. It's pretty much the same as kinect except it uses electrical data from sensors rather than processed video data but it still has to be processed and so additional cpu work is required. Of course how much additional processing is debatable but I don't think there is any debate that additional processing is required.

Devs like High Voltage talked about how Wii's larger RAM allowed them to render more elements per scene compared to Gamecube. It was not just a buffer. Let's be realistic here; no console is going to reserve over 70% of its memory for caching, that's absurd. And totally unnecessary; with the amount of data Wii games have, a DVD drive and no HDD is just fine. Feeding 88MB of RAM is quick and easy. It's once you get up to PS3/360/Wii U levels of RAM that optical drive speed becomes a bottleneck.

And you're overestimating the complexity of the Wiimote. Its beauty was in its simplicity. It did not actually track movements in 3D space it all, it used simple gyros and accelerometers to register angle and movement, which give feedback no more complex than an analogue stick.

Around the Network

Just read that some people from Nintendo Japan played Seasons of Heaven last year and were quite impressed with it so they wanted it on the NX Switch.

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/danstonuwiiu/p_120323_quand-jeux-s-ecrit-j-e-u-et-leaks

Gameplay will be shown this week. HYPE!

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

That looks beautiful and interesting. I get a Japan Studio vibe from it due to the landscapes.

Werix357 said:

Just read that some people from Nintendo Japan played Seasons of Heaven last year and were quite impressed with it so they wanted it on the NX Switch.

http://www.gameblog.fr/blogs/danstonuwiiu/p_120323_quand-jeux-s-ecrit-j-e-u-et-leaks

So, Nintendo already played?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

dont fall for the hype

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB