By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Last Guardian Review Thread - Meta: 84

*Reads current posts*

Holy shit.

*Leaves thread*

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

Doesn't matter if you think it's a masterpiece or not. An 83 doesn't dictate that, either. You made a prediction that proved to be a low-ball. Also, we're not dicsusssing "a lot of gamers'" predictions. Torillian was getting on you about yours (and as he stated, it would take an insane amount of "troll reviews" to change the status quo).

At this point, it's best for you to move on. Yes.

Wait a minuite, so its fine to attack my prediction? I predicted 77 before the game came out. So your admitting my prediction was a low ball yet others that claimed lower or even much higher dont? Sounds like an attack to me.

Also you stating it was a low ball is a low ball in itself. 77 was a good guess, so it scored sllightly higher than my score... how is this a big deal? and why are we debating this? 

Torillian used my prediction prior release as an argument, Was there an issue with my prediction, have i upset gamers because i didnt give it a 90? My point was anything is possibly at early stages of reviews. I never came in this thread saying i am right. The fact someone used my prediction to gain ground in a debate is rather sad. I dont have to justify myself.

The way all this sounds right now, is anyone who didnt guess TLG would get a 83 is a low ball.

Tell me CGI, what did you guess TLG would get for a metacritic?

My issue isn't with your initial guess.  My issue was with the idea that a 77 would still be possible because the troll reviews haven't come in.  That didn't seem to be likely given the number of reviews already published and the number of low scores that would be necessary to move the needle.  I would say the same to someone who made a comment that seemed like the score could still get up to 86 as that is also incredibly unlikely and would require a large number of perfect scores to move the average at that point so much higher up.  

Put simply, when I see someone say something that seems to be wrong based on math I like to check for myself and then tell them if it's wrong so they stop saying things that are simply incorrect.  No opinion on your initial guess (could have been very reasonable given a couple previews of the game) but that the average has a decent chance to get down to 77 from where it is now, which is simply untrue unless we are talking about extremely low probabilities.  

Am I the only one who pets Tricko's head just because I feel like it? XD. What a cute, awesome, badass animal.

CGI-Quality said:
d21lewis said:

I'm just poking my head in. While I'm here, I'll ask a few rhetorical questions.

-did you play the game?
-if you didn't, why are you going out of your way to defend a game you haven't played?
-if you didn't, why are you going out of your way to bash a game you haven't played?

I'm a huge DC fan and I fought tooth and nail to defend the movie, Suicide Squad. When I saw it, i sadly realized....it fucking sucked.

Same with BvS. I was told how bad it was and when the credits rolled, I said "Holy shit. That was awesome."

You know what matters? Your opinion. Not that of the critic that hates it or that critic that loved it. Use their reviews (and not just the score) to decide whether or not you want to buy it. That's their purpose. 

It's okay to discuss the game. You may even use serving hand stories and videos to support your opinion but, until you play it, you just don't know how good or bad this game is.

Much of this goes without saying. It's the case for any and everything that someone either has/hasn't experienced.

Sometimes people need to be reminded. You know, just in case it's about some personal agenda and not just the game.

d21lewis said:
CGI-Quality said:

Much of this goes without saying. It's the case for any and everything that someone either has/hasn't experienced.

Sometimes people need to be reminded. You know, just in case it's about some personal agenda and not just the game.

well I hope you take time to remind people of that in xbox exclusive threads too

Around the Network

Bought the game yesterday, played it for little over 2 hours. Absolutly loved every second of it. As much as I loved UC4, this one is a clear contender for my GOTY thus far. Hopefully it wont go sour later on, but I have a good feeling about it. I have to admit, that people who want perfect framerates and perfectly tuned gameplay mechanics, should not apply. This is not that kind of game. For people who like ICO/SotC, its a must

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Volterra_90 said:
Am I the only one who pets Tricko's head just because I feel like it? XD. What a cute, awesome, badass animal.

I think he prefers his belly. Ugh so hard not to play the game right now! I think I feel the flu coming on.

I've just beaten it. Yup,GOTY.

Damn. After hearing everybody gush about this game, and realizing that FFXV will have a lot of game-improving updates down the line, I'm starting to regret not picking this up as my Holiday purchase

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
Damn. After hearing everybody gush about this game, and realizing that FFXV will have a lot of game-improving updates down the line, I'm starting to regret not picking this up as my Holiday purchase

Tbh, I think that the game will polarized a lot gaming community. Its technical flaws are hard to overlook. And it's frustrating at times. But in the end I was deeply moved by the history, and I truly care about characters. Something I haven't felt since... To The Moon probably. And, well, that compensates the flaws for me. But I'm sure that it won't do for some people.

I think Digital Spy used the term flawed masterpiece. Well, yeah, that's a perfect definition imo.

If the game were without the camera issues, and some control issues, it'd be easily a perfect masterpiece in my book. But, boy, give me these flawed games over some technically perfect ones XD.