By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Switch's processing power important to you?

Is it?

Very, I won't buy it if it's weak 171 25.26%

Moderately so 281 41.51%

Not really 127 18.76%

No, power doesn't matter to me 63 9.31%

No, cos I'm not buying one 35 5.17%

Total:677
JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

I agree. I don't want the Switch, but I do want the games on it. If I want to play Xenoblade, I am forced to buy a Switch. 

If that's the case, then you want the Switch.

Having no choice and wanting something are different things.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
JWeinCom said:

This.

Ha. I voted moderately so, and see it's the consensus thus far. To deny it's importance totally, in the face of what Frank Drebin once referred to as "ever advancing technology", is a bit sketchy. It should always matter to some reasonable degree. The Switch looks good in this regard tho. It's a handheld for me. Hopefully not, but maybe, the last traditional handheld ever.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

vivster said:
JWeinCom said:

I'd actually disagree with that.  But, setting that aside, we're dealing with a luxury item.  You have a choice.

AsGryffynn said:

The Switch actually seems to have more power than the Xbox One you know?

No, just no. A portable device more powerful than Xbox One is not viable with today's technology.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

Sure, but thinking there are VERY stupid design choices and having a strong preference against them also exists.

You still want it though.  Wanting something doesn't mean you like everything about it.

AsGryffynn said:

The XONE boasts 1.3 TF compared to the Switch's 1.5... 

First off, TF are not necessarily an accurate measurement of power.  Secondly, do you have a source that confirms the Switch is 1.5 TF?

Not to mention Nvidia is different how it measures compared to AMD. Nvidia can do more with less

JWeinCom said:
vivster said:

I'd actually disagree with that.  But, setting that aside, we're dealing with a luxury item.  You have a choice.

Not if I want to play Xenoblade.

JWeinCom said:
vivster said:

Well, you will feel shit if you buy it and you will feel shit if you don't. So you might as well buy it. It's the only logical choice, which means there is only one. Which means there is none.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

Sure, but thinking there are VERY stupid design choices and having a strong preference against them also exists.

You still want it though.  Wanting something doesn't mean you like everything about it.

AsGryffynn said:

The XONE boasts 1.3 TF compared to the Switch's 1.5... 

First off, TF are not necessarily an accurate measurement of power.  Secondly, do you have a source that confirms the Switch is 1.5 TF?

Mostly the rumors actually. But it will not be a dramatically big difference. It's on the XONE's ballpark at least.

vivster said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, you will feel shit if you buy it and you will feel shit if you don't. So you might as well buy it. It's the only logical choice, which means there is only one. Which means there is none.

O_o... If you'll feel like shit either way, why are you spending 300 dollars to feel like shit?  That actually seems pretty illogical to me.  

bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

Not if I want to play Xenoblade.

O_o... You want to do something that you need the switch to do.  You have to decide whether or not doing said thing is worth the cost.  That's what we call a choice.