By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Switch's processing power important to you?

Is it?

Very, I won't buy it if it's weak 171 25.26%

Moderately so 281 41.51%

Not really 127 18.76%

No, power doesn't matter to me 63 9.31%

No, cos I'm not buying one 35 5.17%

Total:677
AsGryffynn said:
JWeinCom said:

You still want it though.  Wanting something doesn't mean you like everything about it.

First off, TF are not necessarily an accurate measurement of power.  Secondly, do you have a source that confirms the Switch is 1.5 TF?

Mostly the rumors actually. But it will not be a dramatically big difference. It's on the XONE's ballpark at least.

We still can't really say that.  All we know right now is that it's some form of a Tegra processor.  

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
vivster said:

Well, you will feel shit if you buy it and you will feel shit if you don't. So you might as well buy it. It's the only logical choice, which means there is only one. Which means there is none.

O_o... If you'll feel like shit either way, why are you spending 300 dollars to feel like shit?  That actually seems pretty illogical to me.  

bigtakilla said:

Not if I want to play Xenoblade.

O_o... You want to do something that you need the switch to do.  You have to decide whether or not doing said thing is worth the cost.  That's what we call a choice.

Yet again, it is not a choice if I want to play Xenoblade.

bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

O_o... If you'll feel like shit either way, why are you spending 300 dollars to feel like shit?  That actually seems pretty illogical to me.  

O_o... You want to do something that you need the switch to do.  You have to decide whether or not doing said thing is worth the cost.  That's what we call a choice.

Yes.  It is.  The choice is whether or not you want to buy a Switch.  Nobody is going to force you to.  You can either choose to or choose not to.  The desire to play Xenoblade is a factor that will go into your decision making.  You have to weigh the desire to play Xenoblade against the desire to not spend money on a switch.  That's how choice works.  Deciding between conflicting desires.

I just want a lot of great games.

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

Yes.  It is.  The choice is whether or not you want to buy a Switch.  Nobody is going to force you to.  You can either choose to or choose not to.  The desire to play Xenoblade is a factor that will go into your decision making.  You have to weigh the desire to play Xenoblade against the desire to not spend money on a switch.  That's how choice works.  Deciding between conflicting desires.

Which is exactly what I'm saying. If I want to play Xenoblade, I have to buy a Switch. There is no choice. Rewording it isn't giving me more options. If I want to play Xenoblade there is no choice.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

Which is exactly what I'm saying. If I want to play Xenoblade, I have to buy a Switch. There is no choice. Rewording it isn't giving me more options. If I want to play Xenoblade there is no choice.

Yes there is.  The choice is to not buy the Switch and not play Xenoblade.

I want a new computer because my current one is shit.  I also want to save my money for other things, including the Switch.  So, I'm choosing to not buy a computer despite wanting one.  Wanting and needing are two different things. 

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

I want a new computer because my current one is shit.  I also want to save my money for other things, including the Switch.  So, I'm choosing to not buy a computer despite wanting one.  Wanting and needing are two different things. 

Yet again rewording me, and giving me no more options. Which is why ultimately I said fair enough. But you do understand to play Xenoblade I have no other options right? I do get your point, do you get mine?

bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

Yet again rewording me, and giving me no more options. Which is why ultimately I said fair enough. But you do understand to play Xenoblade I have no other options right? I do get your point, do you get mine?

I get it.  I just disagree.  

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

I get it.  I just disagree.  

That's fine.

*edit* Let's just say my choice will be exactly what you said though. Do I want to play Xenoblade? For better or worse the answer's yes. Though I'm sure it's not the software that will disappoint. I will get the system and I will love TONS of games that come to it. I'm just in no way sol on hardware.

It needs power. Without a doubt it needs power. If Nintendo rolls out a handheld tablet that is barely more powerful than Wii U then this is yet another bad decision among decades of bad decisions. Its great that Nintendo is getting with the times but its in the wrong way. Phones and tablets do what Switch does but also takes calls and has far more freedom with apps. Justifying another tablet is redundant at this point. Chasing the blue ocean threw them into the mobile market where there are thousands of other devices that looks just like Switch.