By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Switch's processing power important to you?

Is it?

Very, I won't buy it if it's weak 171 25.26%

Moderately so 281 41.51%

Not really 127 18.76%

No, power doesn't matter to me 63 9.31%

No, cos I'm not buying one 35 5.17%

Total:677
bigtakilla said:
vivster said:

Reggie has my other cat. Preorder is already placed.

I agree. I don't want the Switch, but I do want the games on it. If I want to play Xenoblade, I am forced to buy a Switch. 

If that's the case, then you want the Switch.

Around the Network

Yes, I care. People believe that power = graphics. But that's not the case. As BotW had showed us, the Wii U power was used to create a big open world with life.

CPU seems to be pushed a lot with the physics and effects in the game, and with more power they could reach new heighs and create new worlds.

That's why I care about it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

I agree. I don't want the Switch, but I do want the games on it. If I want to play Xenoblade, I am forced to buy a Switch. 

Only as far as Me not being able to play the games anywhere else. Sure.

bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

Isn't wanting to play its games the main reason anyone would want a video game console?

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

Isn't wanting to play its games the main reason anyone would want a video game console?

Sure, but thinking there are VERY stupid design choices and having a strong preference against them also exists.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
AsGryffynn said:

The Switch actually seems to have more power than the Xbox One you know?

Not really.  There are rumors that place it's power all over the place.  Some of the rumors put it above the XBox One, but those are unlikely.

The XONE boasts 1.3 TF compared to the Switch's 1.5... 

AsGryffynn said:
JWeinCom said:

Not really.  There are rumors that place it's power all over the place.  Some of the rumors put it above the XBox One, but those are unlikely.

Link to Switch specs? 

bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

Sure, but thinking there are VERY stupid design choices and having a strong preference against them also exists.

You still want it though.  Wanting something doesn't mean you like everything about it.

AsGryffynn said:
JWeinCom said:

First off, TF are not necessarily an accurate measurement of power.  Secondly, do you have a source that confirms the Switch is 1.5 TF?

JWeinCom said:
bigtakilla said:

You still want it though.  Wanting something doesn't mean you like everything about it.

AsGryffynn said:

First off, TF are not necessarily an accurate measurement of power.  Secondly, do you have a source that confirms the Switch is 1.5 TF?

Fair enough, but it's more like a distaste for everything about it except for software.

*edit* And even on the software front 3rd party multiplats are not appealing in the slightest. 

To me its a no. The Wii U games alreafy looked great and its the games that matters after all! Cant wait for these games to look like a Wii U game: (some uncomfirmed but may get a sequel)
- Animal Crossing
- Fire Emblem
- Pokemon
- Luigi Mansion

Pocky Lover Boy!