By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - $220 for an NES mini...

Pyro as Bill said:
StarOcean said:
Nintendo doesn't even care. So they can go fuck themselves e.e If they cared they'd have limit to the amount you can buy at a time. But no, the order from the scummy looking guy who is buying 50 NES Mini's is fine

I think that's up to retailers, no? Most retailers I've seen are limiting it to one per order/household.

That doesn't stop the scummy looking guy buying from more than one retailer though.

They aren't putting limits in many stores in my area, unfortunately 

Around the Network

Don't blame people for doing this, blame the idiots who buy them from these people.

If you allowed a person who would go off and buy 50 NES Mini's to just keep them then you have someone who is down $3,000 and has a massive pile of consoles which he doesn't want, but instead he will put them on ebay or in local adverts for $300, all it then takes is for 10 complete idiots to buy them at that price, to have it first in their collection over others, for that scalper to break even.

It is because of idiots funding these people that they exist, if the people who can't survive without a machine which can play a small collection of NES titles can't help themselves and must pay 5 times the retail value of the console to have it first... and then put it on a shelf and never use it, then they are the ones at fault here, I can't even begin to understand being upset at people for profiting from idiots.

If you ever pay over the RRP for a product which has been purchased solely for the purpose of both reselling it and purchased to buy up the available retail stock, then you are the cause of scalpers existing in the video game console area, and for that, I hate you, personally, just know that I think the people who do this have something wrong with them and are too stupid to even understand that they are the issue here.

Leave a scumbag buy up $3k or $10k worth of NES minis... leave him sit on them for months not buying them, then when the switch comes around that person won't be out buying up as many of those he can get his hands on to sell on again, like I said idiots fund these guys to do it, the money that they use to buy systems is normally handed to them from the last thing they sold at 6x its value.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

You need to stop blaming scalpers and blame Nintendo for constantly under supplying many of their products. I don't know whether they mean to or not but it's a fact it's happened a lot.

It's not worth close to that. It's fun and all having tried one, but it's just the same NES games. If you're so hell bent on it you probably could pick up a Wii for like $30 (or use the one collecting dust in your closet) and download the same games plus several NES classics that are missing and play on the comfort of your couch.

The other thing is that cord is ridiculously short, it's very unusable the way it is if you like to play on your couch.

And the other bad thing is finding the system itself is hard but apparently finding extra controllers is even harder so good luck with 2 player.

Just wait until Jan/Feb for a restock, paying $200+ for this is ridiculous. 

I will buy that for a dalla.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

where there is demand, someone will supply. YOu cant blame the hustler

oniyide said:

Agree with this statement. I hate people that talk smack about scalpers for trying to make some money out of it. Having sold a PS4 20th Anniversary edition I am perfectly content with getting extra money for it and the person that bought it from me was perfectly happy giving me the excess cost. That's how real life works and you should complain to the makers for not providing enough suppy to meet the demand.

Soonerman said:
oniyide said:

Agree with this statement. I hate people that talk smack about scalpers for trying to make some money out of it. Having sold a PS4 20th Anniversary edition I am perfectly content with getting extra money for it and the person that bought it from me was perfectly happy giving me the excess cost. That's how real life works and you should complain to the makers for not providing enough suppy to meet the demand.

At least the 20th anniversary was meant to be rare. As of now I see it going for 1200 minimum. 

I'm pretty sure the NES mini wasn't meant to be rare like the 20th anniversary ps4 (or like the special edition n3ds).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Soonerman said:

At least the 20th anniversary was meant to be rare. As of now I see it going for 1200 minimum. 

I'm pretty sure the NES mini wasn't meant to be rare like the 20th anniversary ps4 (or like the special edition n3ds).

then blame Ninty for being stupid, ignorant, whatever word you wanna use.

oniyide said:
hershel_layton said:

then blame Ninty for being stupid, ignorant, whatever word you wanna use.

Nintendo are not the ones who go onto ebay and buy these consoles for $300+ Idiots are, and those idiots are the ones that fund these people who use that money to buy out the next big thing.

If idiots wouldn't pay for these things then sellers would not be so confident to go out and buy 50-100 of them on day 1, but Mongs have to have one for their collection so scalpers can use this money to put down pre orders for a couple of hundred Nintendo Switch systems next year.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive