By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - $220 for an NES mini...

It's funny how we still live in a world where we let scalpers exist, despite the fact that they aren't giving anyone a good deal for anything, they are greedy and just want more money, yet we allow them to be rewarded for it.

I'd also love if Nintendo were to stop treating this like an Amiibo, where it's always purposely in low stock.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

No interest in it myself and suspect most will get bored of it fairly quickly. Can play NES games on just about any hardware from mobile phones, tablets, pc's etc. Better to buy an original NES if you want some retro hardware and that is much more likely to be valuable later on or just play the waiting game. Scalpers exist because of people who must have what they want now and can't wait. If its a present just say you'll give it to them later and get them something else for Christmas which will still be cheaper than giving in to scalpers.

Yeah, the prices for the NES mini are simply getting out of hand.Its ridiculous.And I have a feeling the issue wont be solved this year either...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I wonder if I'll ever be able to pick one up...

Supply and demand - nobody is forced to buy at that price and it feels like clickbait to me.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Does it matter? Just wait for it to be available again.

Honestly who cares if there are people stupid enough to buy these things this overpriced. Or how Nintendo does business, it doesn't affect me in any way.

Affecting me by making me wait but my cash is tight right now till about another week or two.  They said they would keep shipping them into Jan. and possibly longer depending on demand.  So I'll have to wait but I don't mind that much.  I'm just not going to stress over it and probably can walk into store in Jan. and find them on the shelves.

hershel_layton said:

Yes, I know Nintendo does this for business reasons. Not an idiot, although I do still get a bit irked when Nintendo purposely does this to make demand much higher. Great business strategy? Of course. It's brilliant. I just feel a bit bummed not being able to get something i looked forward to for months.

People actually think Nintendo does this on purpose?

Even if it was Nintendo doing the scalping, it still wouldn't be a 'great business strategy'.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

StarOcean said:
Nintendo doesn't even care. So they can go fuck themselves e.e If they cared they'd have limit to the amount you can buy at a time. But no, the order from the scummy looking guy who is buying 50 NES Mini's is fine

I think that's up to retailers, no? Most retailers I've seen are limiting it to one per order/household.

That doesn't stop the scummy looking guy buying from more than one retailer though.

It looks like Nintendo have done an initial 1.5-2m shipment.

How many should Nintendo have shipped?

5m? 10m?

Hopefully they restock them soon, as it looks a lot more people want this device than I would have imagined, haha...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread