By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - $220 for an NES mini...

Ganoncrotch said:
oniyide said:

then blame Ninty for being stupid, ignorant, whatever word you wanna use.

Nintendo are not the ones who go onto ebay and buy these consoles for $300+ Idiots are, and those idiots are the ones that fund these people who use that money to buy out the next big thing.

If idiots wouldn't pay for these things then sellers would not be so confident to go out and buy 50-100 of them on day 1, but Mongs have to have one for their collection so scalpers can use this money to put down pre orders for a couple of hundred Nintendo Switch systems next year.

with all due respect who are you to tell people how to spend their money? IMHO its dumb to spend any money on this especially triple digits but its not my money. If you got it flaut it. 

If Nintendo actually sent more than 4 per damn store their wouldnt be a need to scalp, but sure lets keep shifting blame.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Nintendo are not the ones who go onto ebay and buy these consoles for $300+ Idiots are, and those idiots are the ones that fund these people who use that money to buy out the next big thing.

If idiots wouldn't pay for these things then sellers would not be so confident to go out and buy 50-100 of them on day 1, but Mongs have to have one for their collection so scalpers can use this money to put down pre orders for a couple of hundred Nintendo Switch systems next year.

with all due respect who are you to tell people how to spend their money? IMHO its dumb to spend any money on this especially triple digits but its not my money. If you got it flaut it. 

If Nintendo actually sent more than 4 per damn store their wouldnt be a need to scalp, but sure lets keep shifting blame.

I never said scalpers were 100% responsible. like we both said, there would be no point in scalping if there was more NES mini's available. you never see scalpers hoarding things like normal edition consoles for a good reason- they are in stock.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I think the stock hoarding stuff really killed the Amiibo enthusiasm too.

People just said "fuck it" after a while I think.

This Christmas I walked past the Amiibo section at my Wal-Mart and rows of previously rare Amiibos like Pitt, Samus, Fox, Ness, and others are restocked and no one's biting. Those Animal Crossing Amiibo have sold like shit too, lol, I swear all the retailers around me have been sitting on the same batch of them for like a year now.

If Nintendo does this again with the SNES Mini, I think people are going to get angry and tune out with N64 Mini and GameCube Mini if they decide to make it. You can't jerk around consumers forever.

oniyide said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I'm sadly not telling anyone how to spend their money, I'm saying that there is no point blaming Nintendo for Nintendo fans doing this with hardware, if a scalper buys 20 of these at $60 and sells 4 of them to derps at €300 on ebay they can happily chuck the rest in the bin and they haven't lost money. Is Nintendo to blame for the 16 consoles which are effectively taken out of the market at no loss to the scalper because of people willing to spend €300 to have a NES. I was going to end that with a ? but it's not a question, I phrased it incorrectly, it's a statement. Scalpers exist where people are willing to spend more than the RRP on goods like this, if people wouldn't buy them at the cost then scalpers wouldn't be so fast to jump on the supply which does exist and buy them up.

To even have to point this out is actually upsetting, That's it for me in this thread.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

BasilZero said:
Sucks for collectors (I want to get it for that reason too) but eh, its low priority for me :(

Hopefully they'll restock it so we wont have this issue.......ya that wont happen.

Collectors are a part of the problem unfortunately, and I say this as a collector. I know a few people that would pay a pretty penny in order to get something like this.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

And the other bad thing is finding the system itself is hard but apparently finding extra controllers is even harder so good luck with 2 player.

About the only saving grace on that I'm pretty sure the classic controller and CCP both work because it shares the same input Wiimote which you can also plug the NES classic remote into the bottom of a Wiimote and play NES VC games with it.

Nice piece of retro hardware, but some folks just need to get a life.

Friend of mine went to Gamestop and was 5th in line for one, they said they got 12 in and they were all gone because first couple of people were scalpers who bought them all. Shame as she wanted it for her young daughter to discover gaming way she did and now looks like won't get one until after holidays.

Nymeria said:
Friend of mine went to Gamestop and was 5th in line for one, they said they got 12 in and they were all gone because first couple of people were scalpers who bought them all. Shame as she wanted it for her young daughter to discover gaming way she did and now looks like won't get one until after holidays.

Like some websites, retailers should place a limit per customer.

LivingMetal said:
Nymeria said:

Like some websites, retailers should place a limit per customer.

i know many places now have a '1 only' limit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.