By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Out of the top 125 (Metacritic) rated PS4 games, only 3 are exclusive.

What percentage of all the studios in the world releasing games for PS4 are Sony-owned? Nintendo can get a good percentage, but mainly because there are so fewer third party games.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
GarlandSteve74 said:

Not at all what I meant.  Just surprised.

Is it really that surprising if you reduce the definition of exclusive to its lowest term?

You mean reduce the definition of 'exclusive' to games ONLY playable on the PS4?  

Not sure I follow.

I mean I wouldn't say Forza Horizon 2 is exclusive to X1 when it's also available on X360.  Or that SF5 was exclusive to PS4 when it's also available on PC.

That's all I meant by 'exclusive'.

I'd say the more surprising fact is the ps4 has 17 titles with 90+ to the xbox one and wii u with 7 each.

betacon said:
I'd say the more surprising fact is the ps4 has 17 titles with 90+ to the xbox one and wii u with 7 each.

Very true!  More than the competition combined!

Lol. Funny thread.

Around the Network

Should be 3 more, DC, DC bikes, and DC VR. Reviewers suck at racing games.

Should Ratchet and Clank be on this list? Its basically a remake of a PS2 game.

betacon said:

Take a look at the games that scored 90+.

- The Witcher 3, also on XBONE and PC.

- Two DLC updates for The Witcher 3, which are also on XBONE.

- Tales From the Bortherlands Episode 5: I honestly don't even know how this can score a 90+. Once again proving the extremely low standards that gaming critics have. Turn this into an animated movie and it would maybe score 15% on metacritic. Maybe. Either way, it's also on XBONE.

- Journey, a walking simulator, which is a mere port from the PS3 with little to no changes.

- Flower, a little indie game that is a mere PS3 port.

- Grand Theft Auto V, also on PS3, XBOX360, XBONE and PC.

- Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain, also on PS3, XBOX360; XBONE and PC.

- Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition, also on PS3, XBOX360, XBONE and PC.

- Inside, also on XBONE and PC.

- Shovel Knight, also on every platform imaginable, even Wii U and 3DS.

- Rayman Legends, ditto ^

- The Last of Us Remastered, a PS3 remaster.

- Overwatch, also on XBONE and PC.

- Fez, also on PC, PS3, XBOX360 and PS Vita.

So that basically only leaves you with Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 that you can't get anywhere else. 11 out of 17 games are also available on XBONE.

Anyway, the Wii U has 13 Nintendo games that scored between 93 and 82 if anyone was wondering.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Ljink96 said:
Cool!

Alkibiádēs said:
betacon said:

- Tales From the Bortherlands Episode 5: I honestly don't even know how this can score a 90+. Once again proving the extremely low standards that gaming critics have. Turn this into an animated movie and it would maybe score 15% on metacritic. Maybe. Either way, it's also on XBONE.

- Journey, a walking simulator, which is a mere port from the PS3 with little to no changes.

So that basically only leaves you with Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 that you can't get anywhere else. 11 out of 17 games are also available on XBONE.

Anyway, the Wii U has 13 Nintendo games that scored between 93 and 82 if anyone was wondering.

Youe trying  too hard to downplay. 

Ps4 trumps  over  its competition  that's  all what matters.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

xl-klaudkil said:
Ljink96 said:
Cool!

Alkibiádēs said:

Youe trying  too hard to downplay. 

Ps4 trumps  over  its competition  that's  all what matters.

I'm merely stating facts actually. It trumps over the competition because those games are also on their consoles? That's weird. 10 out of 17 games are also on PS3 by the way.

Using metacritic as an argument is terrible as the exact same games can have different scores entirely.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides