By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Out of the top 125 (Metacritic) rated PS4 games, only 3 are exclusive.

I discovered this when investigating my suspicion that PC gaming is better now than it has ever been (it is). Exclusives have become a rarity at this point, with the exception of Nintendo titles.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Goodnightmoon said:

When did that conference happen? I had no clue lol I guess that's explain TLOU2 trailer and the amount of PS threads.

No, I'm not downgrading anything, I just go to the most active threads and give my 2 cents, if I'm saying something you don't like that's a totally different thing.

rofl...ok sure buddy. 

and everytime I see you, all you do is point out something negative, or only focus on the negative part. yeah of course, that's not downplaying. 

No is not, is called opinion, nothing I have said is offensive, false or inflamatory, if you can't handle it is your problem.

And laugh all you want but I just realizd the PSX conference happened, didn't had a clue, your suggestion that I'm lying is miles more ofensive than anything I have said today.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ali_16x said:

rofl...ok sure buddy. 

and everytime I see you, all you do is point out something negative, or only focus on the negative part. yeah of course, that's not downplaying. 

No is not, is called opinion, nothing I have said is offensive, false or inflamatory, if you can't handle it is your problem.

And laugh all you want but I just realizd the PSX conference happened, didn't had a clue, your suggestion that I'm lying is miles more ofensive than anything I have said today.

lol opinion this opinion that. you're acting like you giving your opinion somehow doesn't make it downplaying.

me going on every switch thread saying something like "nothing but marioverse games" or whatever isn't downplaying or trolling? It's just me giving my opinion so it isn't downplaying of course. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Goodnightmoon said:

lol opinion this opinion that. you're acting like you giving your opinion somehow doesn't make it downplaying.

me going on every switch thread saying something like "nothing but marioverse games" or whatever isn't downplaying or trolling? It's just me giving my opinion so it isn't downplaying of course. 

The big difference is I didn't say nothing even remotely similar to "Ps4 is nothing but a Bloodborne machine" which would be the direct equivalent to your example, if you think that something like "Kanck was bad" or "every year the line up looks great then half gets delayed" (the only "unpopular" opinions I gave today) is downplaying at the level of your exemple then I'm sorry but you are deeply wrong.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ali_16x said:

The big difference is I didn't say nothing even remotely similar to "Ps4 is nothing but a Bloodborne machine" which would be the direct equivalent to your example, if you think that something like "Kanck was bad" or "every year the line up looks great then half gets delayed" is downplaying at the level of your exemple then I'm sorry but you are deeply wrong.

....oh my god. it doesn't matter what I specifically said. that was just an example. 

and yes, things like what you said is exactly downplaying. if you keep saying nothing but negative things. THAT'S DOWNPLAYING. my goodness. which is exactly what you're doing. and of course you wouldn't think so, most trolls don't think they're trolling.

i'm done with this conversation, seems it will go on forever with you just obviously denying it.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The big difference is I didn't say nothing even remotely similar to "Ps4 is nothing but a Bloodborne machine" which would be the direct equivalent to your example, if you think that something like "Kanck was bad" or "every year the line up looks great then half gets delayed" is downplaying at the level of your exemple then I'm sorry but you are deeply wrong.

....oh my god. it doesn't matter what I specifically said. that was just an example. 

and yes, things like what you said is exactly downplaying. if you keep saying nothing but negative things. THAT'S DOWNPLAYING. my goodness. which is exactly what you're doing. and of course you wouldn't think so, most trolls don't think they're trolling.

i'm done with this conversation, seems it will go on forever with you just obviously denying it.

And now you are suggesting that I'm a troll, meanwhile you are offended cause I said terrible things about Sony like "Knack is bad" and "a lot of games get delayed", just wow.

But you are right, let's finish the conversation because is not going anywhere.

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Didn't even watch it.

But it wasn't anything special anyway from looking at the threads here. The most predictable sequel ever (TLOU 2) that may come out in 2019, a sequel to a terrible game and a remake to a PS1 trilogy that was already announced at E3 (and boy, does it show with its archaic level design). I'm still going to get the Crash trilogy, but it certainly isn't going to be a masterpiece by modern standards and anyone expecting it to be will be sorely disappointed. There are much better 3D platformers out there these days. I'm also anticipating the new 3D Mario platformer and Yooka-Laylee more than these remakes. I'll get TLOU 2 as well, but I don't see the point in revealing it so early if it's not going to come out till at least 2019.

I'm not downplaying when I say I'm not impressed by the games Sony developped for the PS4 so far. If you are, good to you. Opinions, everyone has them.

We'll see how the PSX conference compares to the Switch conference though. ;)

What gets to me is people claiming one console is better than the other because of metacritic lists. It's a terrible argument to use for many reasons (e.g. reviewers mainly review games for the leading console and ignore the other platforms those games are on).

That was not the point of his post. He was defending the PS4 by saying that either way, with exclusives or not, it has the most 90+ games.

Also if you haven't seen my updated post, what 13 games are you talking about? I only found 7. And out of those 7, I wonder how many will stay after that January event.

- Super Mario 3D World: 93%

- Super Smash Bros. 4: 92%

- Bayonetta 2: 91% (published and funded by Nintendo, just like Bloodborne)

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: 90%

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 (the metacritic list of PS4 also includes DLC packs before you start protesting): 90%

- Mario Kart 8: 88%

- Super Mario Maker: 88%

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 1: 87%

- Pikmin 3: 87%

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 86%

- Xenoblade Chronicles X: 84%

- New Super Mario Bros. U: 84%

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: 83%

So 13 with remasters, 11 without.

Not to mention Nintendo also supported the 3DS while Sony stopped supporting the PS Vita soon after it launched.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I think I have 14 retail PS4 games. 2 are exclusive maybe? SFV is on PC so it's out. Odin Sphere remake is on Vita so it's out. King of Fighters XIV (adore this game) and Assault Suit Leynos (love this game and great remake of Target Earth on Genesis). Be getting at least 3 more next year.

Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

That was not the point of his post. He was defending the PS4 by saying that either way, with exclusives or not, it has the most 90+ games.

Also if you haven't seen my updated post, what 13 games are you talking about? I only found 7. And out of those 7, I wonder how many will stay after that January event.

- Super Smash Bros. 4: 92% - That's also on 3DS, doesn't count.

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: 90% - That's a remaster, doesn't count.

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 (the metacritic list of PS4 also includes DLC packs before you start protesting): 90% - actually no it doesn't, the OP didn't include them.

- Super Mario Maker: 88% - That's on 3DS, doesn't count.

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 1: 87% - DLC, doesn't count

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 86% - remaster, doesn't count.

Not to mention Nintendo also supported the 3DS while Sony stopped supporting the PS Vita soon after it launched.

Lol did you even read the OP? He didn't count games on PS3/PSV, so games also on 3DS don't count. He didn't include remasters either. R&C is a remake/reimaging.  And the last sentence the OP said was he didn't count DLC.

So that leaves 7 games. Also the rumors about Mario Kart and Xenoblade coming to Switch, so 5 by January.

Also not sure what your last sentence has to do with anything. And no Sony didn't stop "soon after it launched".

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

- Super Smash Bros. 4: 92% - That's also on 3DS, doesn't count.

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: 90% - That's a remaster, doesn't count.

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 (the metacritic list of PS4 also includes DLC packs before you start protesting): 90% - actually no it doesn't, the OP didn't include them.

- Super Mario Maker: 88% - That's on 3DS, doesn't count.

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 1: 87% - DLC, doesn't count

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 86% - remaster, doesn't count.

Lol did you even read the OP? He didn't count games on PS3/PSV, so games also on 3DS don't count. He didn't include remasters either. R&C is a remake/reimaging.  And the last sentence the OP said was he didn't count DLC.

So that leaves 7 games. Also the rumors about Mario Kart and Xenoblade coming to Switch, so 5 by January.

Also not sure what your last sentence has to do with anything. And no Sony didn't stop "soon after it launched".

Mario Maker and Smash are vastly different on 3ds, on the case of Smash even the scenarios and some modes are different and the overall game is more limited, on the case of mario Maker the 3ds version has a 75 on meta while the wiiu version a 88 because there is an abysm betwen both experiences due to how limited 3ds version is, you can say they are not exclusive for the sake of the agenda but we know they are since 3ds versions are far from the originals, like a poor man alternative.

And no, In january those games are still exclusives since they are not realeasing that day, also is compeltely irrelevant how many wiiu games end on switch because that will happen once the console is out of the market, I don't see people claiming that Ps3 had no exclusives just because most of them are on Ps4 now, so why works like that with WiiU? Too much hypocrisy maybe?