By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Out of the top 125 (Metacritic) rated PS4 games, only 3 are exclusive.

Resogun Defenders

Around the Network

Kind of glad to hear that, honestly. The worst thing for the industry in my opinion is to have a long term bidding war to make third party titles exclusive for certain consoles, timed or no. It's good to see the industry move away from a practice that looked like it would take over the generation initially.

Hiku said:

How dare Sony let their otherwise-exclusives end up on PS3/Vita and PC!! I'm gonna throw my PS4 out the window now!

If your first response upon reading this thread was to interpret it as an attack upon Sony, then perhaps throw your PC out instead.

As the OP himself stated, it was something he simply found interesting.

Alkibiádēs said:
betacon said:
I'd say the more surprising fact is the ps4 has 17 titles with 90+ to the xbox one and wii u with 7 each.

Take a look at the games that scored 90+.

- The Witcher 3, also on XBONE and PC.

- Two DLC updates for The Witcher 3, which are also on XBONE.

- Tales From the Bortherlands Episode 5: I honestly don't even know how this can score a 90+. Once again proving the extremely low standards that gaming critics have. Turn this into an animated movie and it would maybe score 15% on metacritic. Maybe. Either way, it's also on XBONE.

- Journey, a walking simulator, which is a mere port from the PS3 with little to no changes.

- Flower, a little indie game that is a mere PS3 port.

- Grand Theft Auto V, also on PS3, XBOX360, XBONE and PC.

- Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain, also on PS3, XBOX360; XBONE and PC.

- Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition, also on PS3, XBOX360, XBONE and PC.

- Inside, also on XBONE and PC.

- Shovel Knight, also on every platform imaginable, even Wii U and 3DS.

- Rayman Legends, ditto ^

- The Last of Us Remastered, a PS3 remaster.

- Overwatch, also on XBONE and PC.

- Fez, also on PC, PS3, XBOX360 and PS Vita.

So that basically only leaves you with Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 that you can't get anywhere else. 11 out of 17 games are also available on XBONE.

Anyway, the Wii U has 13 Nintendo games that scored between 93 and 82 if anyone was wondering.

Well said, most people is clueless when using Metacritic and we get a lot of false numbers and wrong facts from there thanks to that. I disagree with Tales Of Borderlands though, is an awesome game on its genre, don't judge before playing.

Alkibiádēs said:
betacon said:
I'd say the more surprising fact is the ps4 has 17 titles with 90+ to the xbox one and wii u with 7 each.

Take a look at the games that scored 90+.

- The Witcher 3, also on XBONE and PC.

- Two DLC updates for The Witcher 3, which are also on XBONE.

- Tales From the Bortherlands Episode 5: I honestly don't even know how this can score a 90+. Once again proving the extremely low standards that gaming critics have. Turn this into an animated movie and it would maybe score 15% on metacritic. Maybe. Either way, it's also on XBONE.

- Journey, a walking simulator, which is a mere port from the PS3 with little to no changes.

- Flower, a little indie game that is a mere PS3 port.

- Grand Theft Auto V, also on PS3, XBOX360, XBONE and PC.

- Metal Gear Solid 5: Phantom Pain, also on PS3, XBOX360; XBONE and PC.

- Diablo 3: Ultimate Edition, also on PS3, XBOX360, XBONE and PC.

- Inside, also on XBONE and PC.

- Shovel Knight, also on every platform imaginable, even Wii U and 3DS.

- Rayman Legends, ditto ^

- The Last of Us Remastered, a PS3 remaster.

- Overwatch, also on XBONE and PC.

- Fez, also on PC, PS3, XBOX360 and PS Vita.

So that basically only leaves you with Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 that you can't get anywhere else. 11 out of 17 games are also available on XBONE.

Anyway, the Wii U has 13 Nintendo games that scored between 93 and 82 if anyone was wondering.

Wow you and Goodnightmoon going at every Sony thread I see and downplaying. Guess that PSX conference and the pervious conference really got to you 2 huh.

Which 13 games are you talking about? Because there are only about 7 that ranked 83-93.

Also I wonder how many of your 13 games are left after that January event.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:

Wow you and Goodnightmoon going at every Sony thread I see and downplaying. Guess that PSX conference and the pervious conference really got to you 2 huh.

Didn't even watch it.

But it wasn't anything special anyway from looking at the threads here. The most predictable sequel ever (TLOU 2) that may come out in 2019, a sequel to a terrible game and a remake to a PS1 trilogy that was already announced at E3 (and boy, does it show with its archaic level design). I'm still going to get the Crash trilogy, but it certainly isn't going to be a masterpiece by modern standards and anyone expecting it to be will be sorely disappointed. There are much better 3D platformers out there these days. I'm also anticipating the new 3D Mario platformer and Yooka-Laylee more than these remakes. I'll get TLOU 2 as well, but I don't see the point in revealing it so early if it's not going to come out till at least 2019.

I'm not downplaying when I say I'm not impressed by the games Sony developped for the PS4 so far. If you are, good to you. Opinions, everyone has them.

We'll see how the PSX conference compares to the Switch conference though. ;)

What gets to me is people claiming one console is better than the other because of metacritic lists. It's a terrible argument to use for many reasons (e.g. reviewers mainly review games for the leading console and ignore the other platforms those games are on).

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Ali_16x said:

Didn't even watch it.

But it wasn't anything special anyway from looking at the threads here. The most predictable sequel ever (TLOU 2) that may come out in 2019, a sequel to a terrible game and a remake to a PS1 trilogy that was already announced at E3 (and boy, does it show with its archaic level design). I'm still going to get the Crash trilogy, but it certainly isn't going to be a masterpiece by modern standards and anyone expecting it to be will be sorely disappointed. There are much better 3D platformers out there these days. I'm also anticipating the new 3D Mario platformer and Yooka-Laylee more than these remakes. I'll get TLOU 2 as well, but I don't see the point in revealing it so early if it's not going to come out till at least 2019.

I'm not downplaying when I say I'm not impressed by the games Sony developped for the PS4 so far. If you are, good to you. Opinions, everyone has them.

We'll see how the PSX conference compares to the Switch conference though. ;)

What gets to me is people claiming one console is better than the other because of metacritic lists. It's a terrible argument to use for many reasons (e.g. reviewers mainly review games for the leading console and ignore the other platforms those games are on).

That was not the point of his post. He was defending the PS4 by saying that either way, with exclusives or not, it has the most 90+ games.

Also if you haven't seen my updated post, what 13 games are you talking about? I only found 7. And out of those 7, I wonder how many will stay after that January event.

I guess I enjoy the feeble exclusives scored at 80 too much like Infamous Second Son and Disgaea 5.

If these 2 games were on XB1 they would be in the top 100, and top 55 Wii U.

But alas I must deal with them at 155 and 173 for PS4 respectively.

Ali_16x said:

Which 13 games are you talking about? Because there are only about 7 that ranked 83-93.

When did that conference happen? I had no clue lol I guess that's explain TLOU2 trailer and the amount of PS threads.

No, I'm not downgrading anything, I just go to the most active threads and give my 2 cents, if I'm saying something you don't like that's a totally different thing.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ali_16x said:

When did that conference happen? I had no clue lol I guess that's explain TLOU2 trailer and the amount of PS threads.

No, I'm not downgrading anything, I just go to the most active threads and give my 2 cents, if I'm saying something you don't like that's a totally different thing.

rofl...ok sure. either way, you not knowing about it or you did, that's just laughable. 

and everytime I see you, all you do is point out something negative, or only focus on the negative part. yeah of course, that's not downplaying.