By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Out of the top 125 (Metacritic) rated PS4 games, only 3 are exclusive.

I thought this was interesting.  

I was searching Metacritic looking for some PS4 games that I might have overlooked in the past and noticed this...

Out of the top 125 rated (Metacritic) PS4 games currently available, only 3 of them are ONLY playable on the PlayStation 4.  

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps4?sort=desc

This list covers ratings from 97 down to 82 and the only 3 true exclusives I see are Uncharted 4, Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank.  

Not to take anything away from those 3 games as Bloodborne is in my top 5 of all time and Ratchet and Clank is currently downloading on my PS4; I just thought for sure there would be more games than that in the top 125. (Infamous: Second Son deserves to be there and deserves a better rating than 80)

What do you think?  Is that surprising or would you have assumed that without me posting this thread?

(I didn't include DLC like The Old Hunters or Resogun: Heros for obvious reasons.)

Around the Network

The value of my PS4 is apprently diminished by all those PS3/PSV versions.

Not Sony's fault that reviewers couldn't see the brilliance of Knack.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

How does it compare to the competition?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Boutros said:

Not at all what I meant.  Just surprised.

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Good question.  I'll take a look!

GarlandSteve74 said:
Boutros said:

Not at all what I meant.  Just surprised.

Is it really that surprising if you reduce the definition of exclusive to its lowest term?

That's one more than I would have guessed. Not bad

vivster said:
Not Sony's fault that reviewers couldn't see the brilliance of Knack.

They clearly couldn't but Sony was like WHAM, Knack 2 bitches, suck it reviewers, ya'll couldnt review your way out of a paper bag!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Captain_Yuri said:

Looks like:

Xbox One has 4 in the top 125 with Sunset OD, Halo 5, Forza 5 and Forza 6 (Apex on PC... Is that the same as Forza 6?)

Wii U is honestly too many to count and once you get to 125 the games are rated 67 so it's a little bit distorted haha.