By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Out of the top 125 (Metacritic) rated PS4 games, only 3 are exclusive.

Ali_16x said:
Alkibiádēs said:

- Super Mario 3D World: 93%

- Super Smash Bros. 4: 92% - That's also on 3DS, doesn't count.

- Bayonetta 2: 91% (published and funded by Nintendo, just like Bloodborne)

- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: 90% - That's a remaster, doesn't count.

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 2 (the metacritic list of PS4 also includes DLC packs before you start protesting): 90% - actually no it doesn't, the OP didn't include them.

- Mario Kart 8: 88%

- Super Mario Maker: 88% - That's on 3DS, doesn't count.

- Mario Kart 8 DLC pack 1: 87% - DLC, doesn't count

- Pikmin 3: 87%

- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD: 86% - remaster, doesn't count.

- Xenoblade Chronicles X: 84%

- New Super Mario Bros. U: 84%

- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: 83%

So 13 with remasters, 11 without.

Not to mention Nintendo also supported the 3DS while Sony stopped supporting the PS Vita soon after it launched.

Lol did you even read the OP? He didn't count games on PS3/PSV, so games also on 3DS don't count. He didn't include remasters either. R&C is a remake/reimaging.  And the last sentence the OP said was he didn't count DLC.

So that leaves 7 games. Also the rumors about Mario Kart and Xenoblade coming to Switch, so 5 by January.

Also not sure what your last sentence has to do with anything. And no Sony didn't stop "soon after it launched".

Are you really serious with that comparison

Super smash bros for WII U and Mario maker is not the same game for that console compared to 3ds counter part

damn you really should stop being to defensive when people stating the fact

Around the Network
katakpisang said:
Ali_16x said:

Lol did you even read the OP? He didn't count games on PS3/PSV, so games also on 3DS don't count. He didn't include remasters either. R&C is a remake/reimaging.  And the last sentence the OP said was he didn't count DLC.

So that leaves 7 games. Also the rumors about Mario Kart and Xenoblade coming to Switch, so 5 by January.

Also not sure what your last sentence has to do with anything. And no Sony didn't stop "soon after it launched".

Super smash bros for WII U and Mario maker is not the same game for that console compared to 3ds counter part

Oh my god, I can't believe I actually have to reply to something like this. This has happened before and I'm truly baffled that people think that the Super Smash Bros Wii U version and 3DS are different games. MY GOD.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/

I'm not going to completely go into it but even Nintendo has the games on the same page, they even say, "Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS". The directs (DLC) were for both of them, because they're the same game. They run the same code, it's simple as that.

Same with Mario Maker.

Just......WOW

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

MTZehvor said:
Kind of glad to hear that, honestly. The worst thing for the industry in my opinion is to have a long term bidding war to make third party titles exclusive for certain consoles, timed or no. It's good to see the industry move away from a practice that looked like it would take over the generation initially.

Yea? The worst? Until a decade ago the industry was doing pretty well. With a far more diverse range of games and far less a mass of grey monotony.

Hunting Season is done...

Ali_16x said:
katakpisang said:

Oh my god, I can't believe I actually have to reply to something like this. This has happened before and I'm truly baffled that people think that the Super Smash Bros Wii U version and 3DS are different games. MY GOD.

I'm not going to completely go into it but even Nintendo has the games on the same page, they even say, "Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS". The directs (DLC) were for both of them, because they're the same game. They run the same code, it's simple as that.

Same with Mario Maker.

Just......WOW

Yeah that's why Mario Maker has an 88 on WiiU and a 75 on 3ds, bcause they are the same game LOL 

The 3ds version of Smash has different scenarios, different modes and lacks several things that the WiiU has (8 players battles anyone??), so you can kep saying what you want, they are not the same game, in both cases the WiiU experience is different and not because graphics only, specially in the case of Mario Maker where the most engaging part of the game has been ripped on its hanheld version.

Why discount Sony platform exclusive games OP? As far as I can tell, Playstation is not a console but an ecosystem. It's obvious that is Sony can put a game on ps4 as well as ps vita and ps3, they will do so.

By that metric, Xbox will stop having exclusives completely with the move to pc.

Nintendo apparently will start to consolidate their exclusives on the new portable, so maybe using this metric they will have an increased number of exclusives soon.

Also on the scores from metacritic... People have their own tastes and i can honestly say there are 0 (zero) exclusive MS or Nintendo games i am interested in.

Around the Network
betacon said:
I'd say the more surprising fact is the ps4 has 17 titles with 90+ to the xbox one and wii u with 7 each.

Exactly. When people buy a PS4 they don't care if TLOUR or Journey have a PS3 version. Because as a whole the PS4 has the best games of the 3 consoles. And with Bloodborne this is the console to own.

Zoombael said:
MTZehvor said:
Kind of glad to hear that, honestly. The worst thing for the industry in my opinion is to have a long term bidding war to make third party titles exclusive for certain consoles, timed or no. It's good to see the industry move away from a practice that looked like it would take over the generation initially.

Yea? The worst? Until a decade ago the industry was doing pretty well. With a far more diverse range of games and far less a mass of grey monotony.

Two things.

#1: Correlation does not equal causation. There is no reason to believe that greater diversity in gaming is somehow caused by companies spending money for exclusivity deals. I'm all for first party companies getting exclusivity rights to games that wouldn't exist without their funding (like Bloodborne or Bayonetta 2), but spending money to ensure that a game already in production will only be on your console (Rise of the Tomb Raider, Street Fighter V) simply limits the number of people who can enjoy the experience. Exclusivity bidding wars are the worst thing that can happen to the industry as it stands today because it funnels money away from creating other diverse games and simply turns the console business into a competition over who can take the most titles hostage.

#2: I would argue that there's plenty of diversity in the marketplace today; a number of genres today are consistently being filled that were oft ignored as of a decade ago. The complex hack and slash has gone from having one series represent it to a number of different titles. We've seen hardcore Metroidvania titles like Dark Souls and Nioh become popular. Influential choice based games have come back strong with the likes of Deus Ex and Until Dawn. Strategy RPGs have returned to the spotlight with the newer Fire Emblem and X-Com games. Genres that were starting to become stagnant are now being revitalized in the present day, with games like Titanfall 2 and Doom bringing life back to FPSs and Witcher 3 providing a spark to Western RPGs. Full blown horror has made a comeback with the likes of Alien: Isolation and the new Resident Evil. Sure, there's plenty of grey, bland, repetitive games, most of them Ubisoft sandboxes, but there's plenty of good to be found if you're willing to look past the overhyped games, and, more to the point, there's lots of diversity too.

Goodnightmoon said:
Ali_16x said:

Same with Mario Maker.

Just......WOW

Yeah that's why Mario Maker has an 88 on WiiU and a 75 on 3ds, bcause they are the same game LOL 

The 3ds version of Smash has different scenarios, different modes and lacks several things that the WiiU has (8 players battles anyone??), so you can kep saying what you want, they are not the same game, in both cases the WiiU experience is different and not because graphics only, specially in the case of Mario Maker where the most engaging part of the game has been ripped.

lol oh my god.........my god.....my god. it's a lower rated game because it was missing features. 

are you going to tell me that pokemon black and white, etc are completely different games? They have different cities, or different pokemons. 

the only reason they have different features is so people will buy both games.

rofl, I just laughed so hard. I just can't. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

bunchanumbers said:
Should Ratchet and Clank be on this list? Its basically a remake of a PS2 game.

Can you play this version on the ps2?  No,  that makes it exclusive. It might be a remake but its more of a reboot given alot has changed. 

Ali_16x said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The 3ds version of Smash has different scenarios, different modes and lacks several things that the WiiU has (8 players battles anyone??), so you can kep saying what you want, they are not the same game, in both cases the WiiU experience is different and not because graphics only, specially in the case of Mario Maker where the most engaging part of the game has been ripped.

lol oh my god.........my god.....my god. it's a lower rated game because it was missing features. 

are you going to tell me that pokemon black and white, etc are completely different games? They have different cities, or different pokemons. 

the only reason they have different features is so people will buy both games.

rofl, I just laughed so hard. I just can't. 

Quite ironic you are the one laughing when you just made the most laughable comparison of the day.