By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844

I'm loving it and can tell they have put a lot of time and effort in making it. Well worth the purchase for me as I've been enjoying every bit of the many hours I've been playing. It runs great, keeps my interest, and loaded with detail. The thing that I really appreciate is that it's really REALLY rare having a game like this. Something that isn't over the top with blood and gore. Not sure if anyone would understand what I mean by that. It's not under violent or pushing any boundary. I'm more than happy if a younger person were to play this, as per say a COD game in my family.

Around the Network
Spazed said:
pastro243 said:
I've put more than 90 hours in it and I think I can plat it. Awesome game, much better than xiii, will give my impressions after I finish the adamantoise fight

How many of those hours were running/driving around with no exploration? The game is just FF13 with the illusion of an open world. I am curious as to what makes it better than FF13 to you?I Mean FF13 was garbage but FF15 is not a good game as an RPG or an action game. Overrall it has all the problems that FF13 had, but people will say anything is better because they like the franchise and wanted FF15 to be it's return to form. In the end it's didn't save the franchise IMO.

I sure had lots of time just traveling, but it was mostly sidequests and dungeons. I enjoyed fishing too, wish it had more trophies related to those stuff. I liked the characters more, I thought I was going to hate Prompto like I did with Vanille, but I was cool with him. 

I think development was a trainwreck and it showed in the final game, but I think the developers managed to show a great product in the end and save it. That's why I think XVI will come out good. 

Acevil said:
pastro243 said:
I've put more than 90 hours in it and I think I can plat it. Awesome game, much better than xiii, will give my impressions after I finish the adamantoise fight

Honestly good luck, not the toughest monster, but can be time consuming, given 90 hours into the game, I think it might be cake walk for you. I did roughly around 60 hours mark. 

Yeah, I'm completing the post game dungeons before I try it since I don't want to be hours fighting him haha. Saw some videos and it looks like it will take a lot of time 

awesome game :)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Well deserved score. I think it being lower than XIII is a shame, but the fact XIII is in the 80s is shocking.

Around the Network

95. http://www.gamegrin.com/reviews/final-fantasy-xv-review/ There seems to be alot of 90s and also alot of 60s. Id give it a solid 8. This game is an unfinished masterpiece which couldve been the best ff with more care put into the story and story missions.

60 hours in, just finished chapter 6. Still don't know what I think of this game. I can see why the reviews have been "Mixed but overall positive".

On one hand, the game truly is a lot of fun to play. the combat is unique and refreshing, the open world is a blast to explore, there's a tonne of open world elements that keep you playing and hunting and doing missions and coming back, and the road trip feeling is great.

I love the world, I love the characters, and I love the map.

But...I can't help but be incredibly disappointed at the same time. Like, yeah, gameplay wise it's solid as hell and a stark contrast to the on-rails linearity of XIII, but it still feels very small scale. I mean, it's NOT small scale, as shown by the titan fight, for example, but it still feels small.

The world may be huge because it'd take you a very, very long time to travel from one end to another, but to me it feels like it's only a small portion of a world (because it is.) To put it in perspective, this would be like if Final Fantasy had you start by leaving Midgar post escape, going to Junon, then making it to the golden saucer and the northern crater, and the entire rest of the world was cut out.

Where's the variation in settings/environments? Where's the world-ending conflict?

as a GAME, it's wonderful. It very much so focuses on the interaction between the four protagonists. But as a FINAL FANTASY, it feels lacking.

I will wait until I've beaten it (and maybe got platinum trophy on it) before passing judgement on it, but right now I feel the mixed reception. I love it, but I can't help but be disappointed. Very conflicted within.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I'm about to finish the game and I still have no idea what's going on. I have no attachment to these characters, and I feel as though I haven't done much, despite being over 40 hours in, according to the in game clock.

You start the game, your dad send you away, the country gets invaded, some guy on the enemy's side seems to be friendly and helps you in a particular scenario, you run around getting summons and swords, that guy ends up being your enemy all along, and now it's time for the final battle. All while only venturing into 4 or 5 different venues and none of the above mentioned parts of the game seem connected in any way, shape, or form to make a compelling or even coherent story.

I heard that you need to watch Kingsglaive for a lot of things to make sense, so I guess I'll do that. But as its own entity, FFXV the game, as a story, makes absolutely 0 sense.

think-man said:
AZWification said:

Is FFXV worth getting? I have TLG, have been thinking about getting Bloodborne but I'm not sure about FFXV.

Bloodborne is better but get both.  Make sure you get bloodborne game of the year edition 

Yeah, I think I'm getting Bloodborne first.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

BMaker11 said:

I'm about to finish the game and I still have no idea what's going on. I have no attachment to these characters, and I feel as though I haven't done much, despite being over 40 hours in, according to the in game clock.

You start the game, your dad send you away, the country gets invaded, some guy on the enemy's side seems to be friendly and helps you in a particular scenario, you run around getting summons and swords, that guy ends up being your enemy all along, and now it's time for the final battle. All while only venturing into 4 or 5 different venues and none of the above mentioned parts of the game seem connected in any way, shape, or form to make a compelling or even coherent story.

I heard that you need to watch Kingsglaive for a lot of things to make sense, so I guess I'll do that. But as its own entity, FFXV the game, as a story, makes absolutely 0 sense.

Yeah this is basically my fear, don't want to invest 40 hours in a game to get this. I'm sure it has some good aspects, but if I'm playing a Final Fantasy game, the story better be very impressive, because I'll be honest, I don't play Final Fantasy games for the game play as the primary thing.