By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
Azuren said:
vivster said:
So even the internet agrees with me that it's worse than FFXIII. Glad we have that out of the way.

OR there's a bunch of crybabies out there who miss their menu-based combat.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that REVIEWERS don't like FFXV as much. The Internet (user score) likes FFXV more. 

Definitely this. Same reason Overhype had no bad comments despite being a shit game... 

Around the Network
Azuren said:
vivster said:
So even the internet agrees with me that it's worse than FFXIII. Glad we have that out of the way.

OR there's a bunch of crybabies out there who miss their menu-based combat.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that REVIEWERS don't like FFXV as much. The Internet (user score) likes FFXV more. 

But they are about the same. Actually, the user score is a bit lower at 79 so far...

Edit - Oh you meant against XIII. Sorry.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Well, I didn't think FFXIII was that bad. I think XII to XV are not terrible games, they're actually decent, but miles away from what I expect of this franchise. XV is probably the game which has more potential, but it's let down by awfully bad storytelling. Characters in this one are likeable at least, more than XIII. I'll probably replay through it when SE patch the game, because the plot actually has very powerful moments, but these moments lack more character development to be meaningful. We were supposed to feel, and, well, not so much. Not close to FFVII or FFX.

And get rid of that final scene, it's just awful. It totally spoils the ending for me.

VGPolyglot said:
vivster said:

Well, I've only played about 3 hours so far but I do have to say that so far I've preferred FFXIII. However, that may just be nostalgia that I have for XIII.

Never in my life did I think I'd see these words.

bunchanumbers said:
VGPolyglot said:

Well, I've only played about 3 hours so far but I do have to say that so far I've preferred FFXIII. However, that may just be nostalgia that I have for XIII.

Well, count it twice, then, because I had the same feeling. 

Lets' be honest. FF XIII starts with the infamous corridor (which I didn't mind at all. Although some areas could be half long) and then eventually it goes into open world. FF XV starts with a large open world, that all looks the same (desert-forrest-desert-forrest) and then the story ends up in a sort of corridor.

But at least the corridor in FF XIII had a purpose, to get us through the story. FF XV starts with a gazillion of meaningless, repetitive side quests which only benefit is to give out exp and some gear/items/gil.

Then FF XIII combat made sense. In FF XV to me it's a pure mess. Spam Triangle, Circle, Square and then potions. TONS of potions. With the visuals either hidden by a tree, rock, enemy or whatever. When we are not warping who knows where, sure. And I dare to say FF XIII even looks better!!

People should learn how to deal with it: FF XIII is a great game.

Around the Network

While I have not played XV yet, I am one of those that consider Final Fantasy XIII to be a great and highly enjoyable game, so there's that.

Michelasso said:
bunchanumbers said:

Well, count it twice, then, because I had the same feeling. 

Lets' be honest. FF XIII starts with the infamous corridor (which I didn't mind at all. Although some areas could be half long) and then eventually it goes into open world. FF XV starts with a large open world, that all looks the same (desert-forrest-desert-forrest) and then the story ends up in a sort of corridor.

But at least the corridor in FF XIII had a purpose, to get us through the story. FF XV starts with a gazillion of meaningless, repetitive side quests which only benefit is to give out exp and some gear/items/gil.

Then FF XIII combat made sense. In FF XV to me it's a pure mess. Spam Triangle, Circle, Square and then potions. TONS of potions. With the visuals either hidden by a tree, rock, enemy or whatever. When we are not warping who knows where, sure. And I dare to say FF XIII even looks better!!

People should learn how to deal with it: FF XIII is a great game.

You're the one who has to deal with it: Not everyone see things the way you do. 

XIII's had bad grinding, spamming the same enemies in the same corridors. FF XV's side quest were made to remedy that. You don't have to run from one way of a corridor to the other endlessly to spam the same enemies during 3 hours. You simply do the next Hunt. Making you discover new locations, new side quests, etc, along the way. FF XIII, with its incredibly boring and linear design, simply couldn't offer that. What more, there are next to no side activities, no NPC characters to interact with, no way of going back to earlier locations, no exploration whatsoever. Grand Pulse, open world? Don't make me laugh. There's next to nothing to do in this barren place other than fight monsters. And don't get me started on the kind of button spamming needed to get through the battles in FF XIII. Rock/paper/scisor in its most elementary state.

FF XIII might be a great game, but it's an otrociously bad Final Fantasy game.

FF XIII might be a great game, but it's an otrociously bad Final Fantasy game.

Not only is it that...its also has I think the lowest resale value of an Final Fantasy game at used game stores.  

Great games don't usually get this low. Unless its a sportsball game lol

http://www.gamestop.com/trade/quote/ps3/games/final-fantasy-xiii/76617

That`s not really a bad thing though. Just means it`s a low entry fee for those that want to try it out. I myself recently bought my... 4th or perhaps 5th (it`s hard to remember how many times I`ve bought it) copy of FFXIII thanks to the low cost of used versions

The resale value has actually been low for a long time.

low resale value means there was a huge amount of game that were turned back in and not kept. 

Most final fantasy games(including chronotrigger) tend to hold some value for many years after their release.

That being said i did buy it on steam too!

Seems this will settle at 82 with 84 reviews in total.