By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
AZWification said:
think-man said:

Bloodborne is better but get both.  Make sure you get bloodborne game of the year edition 

Yeah, I think I'm getting Bloodborne first.

Final Fantasy may be my favorite game series by a wide margin, but Bloodborne on its own is so much better than Final Fantasy XV.  That game has somehow managed to become one of my top 10 favorite games of all time.  

I've beat it over a dozen times, got the platinum, got the DLC, got all the DLC content, bought it twice (at launch and digital copy), bought it for my bro twice (physical and digital with DLC), etc.  

Like, that game was so good that, after beating it, I played it again and again, and it was like a whole new thing when, suddenly, I discovered (explored) the chalice dungeons. 

I loved that game BEFORE I discovered the second half of it. 

See, there's the main world, an interwoven Metroid-Vania like labyrinth of forests, caves, castles, corrupted cityscapes, and the nightmare realm...and that alone is a blast to play and explore.  But then, as you progress, you get items that allow you to create and explore the 'Chalice Dungeons'.  a series of something like 24 worlds that are like platform levels.  Each chalice has 3-5 levels, each with a maze like layout where you have to fight your way through enemies to find a switch that opens the boss door.  In there you get a bunch of awesome items (many used just to create more Chalice Dungeons.)  There's like, 8 or 9 chalices, each eith 3-5 levels in them, and that's just the linear progression, you can also make random chalice dungeons. 

Honestly, just talking about it makes me want to steal my PS4 back from my bro so I can play it.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
AZWification said:

Final Fantasy may be my favorite game series by a wide margin, but Bloodborne on its own is so much better than Final Fantasy XV.  That game has somehow managed to become one of my top 10 favorite games of all time.  

I've beat it over a dozen times, got the platinum, got the DLC, got all the DLC content, bought it twice (at launch and digital copy), bought it for my bro twice (physical and digital with DLC), etc.  

Like, that game was so good that, after beating it, I played it again and again, and it was like a whole new thing when, suddenly, I discovered (explored) the chalice dungeons. 

I loved that game BEFORE I discovered the second half of it. 

See, there's the main world, an interwoven Metroid-Vania like labyrinth of forests, caves, castles, corrupted cityscapes, and the nightmare realm...and that alone is a blast to play and explore.  But then, as you progress, you get items that allow you to create and explore the 'Chalice Dungeons'.  a series of something like 24 worlds that are like platform levels.  Each chalice has 3-5 levels, each with a maze like layout where you have to fight your way through enemies to find a switch that opens the boss door.  In there you get a bunch of awesome items (many used just to create more Chalice Dungeons.)  There's like, 8 or 9 chalices, each eith 3-5 levels in them, and that's just the linear progression, you can also make random chalice dungeons. 

Honestly, just talking about it makes me want to steal my PS4 back from my bro so I can play it.  

Damn, reading this post has made me want to play BB even more!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Runa216 said:
AZWification said:

but Bloodborne on its own is so much better than Final Fantasy XV.  

Without a doubt

Part of it is From and Japan Studio knowing what they wanted to do and having a clear goal/direction vs being a clustertruck of constantly changing ideas

Another 100. http://www.smh.com.au/technology/games/final-fantasy-xv-review-fantastical-road-trip-a-return-to-form-20161229-gtj82a.html

So the last 2 reviews were 95 and 100. Can it climb back up to 83?

Around the Network

It now sits at 81. Edge Magazine gives it a 70.