By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Final Fantasy XV Metacritic Thread: 82 with 90 reviews. (Final score?)

So, are you hyped?

Absolutely, this'll be an amazing game! 256 30.33%

Yeah, I hope this turns out great! 193 22.87%

Sure, it'll be good. 78 9.24%

Meh, no strong feelings about it. 85 10.07%

Nah, looks bland. 40 4.74%

Eww, not really. Looks stupid. 22 2.61%

Nope. This shit is destroying Final Fantasy. 68 8.06%

I just want Noctis x Prom... 16 1.90%

No female members = no buy. 42 4.98%

Jpop emo band, unite! 44 5.21%

Total:844
LurkerJ said:
Nuvendil said:

See reviews like that should not be included in metrics intended to guage an items quality.  That's an ideological review, not a product review.  Assuming the whole review is like that.

And also,,who gives a crap about the gender or race of the lead cast if their struggles and development are focused on thigns common to all?  Camaraderie and brotherhood are things common to all, no?  Or are we saying women don't experience those things?  

The line was taken from one paragraph that wandered away from the other paragraphs that were about the quality of the game. It's definitely not representative of the whole review. 

But that's the line they chose to represent their review..

Around the Network
Boutros said:
LurkerJ said:

The line was taken from one paragraph that wandered away from the other paragraphs that were about the quality of the game. It's definitely not representative of the whole review. 

But that's the line they chose to represent their review..

And it's a ridiculous line, but guess what? It's the only 60/100 review that I read, a successful bait

LurkerJ said:
Nuvendil said:

See reviews like that should not be included in metrics intended to guage an items quality.  That's an ideological review, not a product review.  Assuming the whole review is like that.

And also,,who gives a crap about the gender or race of the lead cast if their struggles and development are focused on thigns common to all?  Camaraderie and brotherhood are things common to all, no?  Or are we saying women don't experience those things?  

Well now I am wondering 1) why that paragraph is there at all cause it's a really vapid point and 2) what chuckle head chose that to be their snippet.  The line on Metacritic and such is supposed to be a nice take away that sums up the review...so what's that line doing in that spot?

Nuvendil said:
LurkerJ said:

Well now I am wondering 1) why that paragraph is there at all cause it's a really vapid point and 2) what chuckle head chose that to be their snippet.  The line on Metacritic and such is supposed to be a nice take away that sums up the review...so what's that line doing in that spot?

1. I am not defending it, I think it would be easier for you to read.

2. I don't know who chooses the snippets, but I'd argue it's there for the clicks. I was triggered by it, I clicked to read some SJW BS but, surprisingly, it wasn't.

Speaking of Cindy, she reminds me of Jessica Simpson in her "these boots are made for walking" music video.

BasilZero said:

Cant wait :)

Awesome. How did you get promotion code?

Around the Network

Oh sht. jim sterling actually gives 8/10. Faith restored

There honestly isn't even 40 reliable review sites out there, so I don't know what to make of this.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

So even the internet agrees with me that it's worse than FFXIII. Glad we have that out of the way.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
So even the internet agrees with me that it's worse than FFXIII. Glad we have that out of the way.

Well, I've only played about 3 hours so far but I do have to say that so far I've preferred FFXIII. However, that may just be nostalgia that I have for XIII.

vivster said:

OR there's a bunch of crybabies out there who miss their menu-based combat.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that REVIEWERS don't like FFXV as much. The Internet (user score) likes FFXV more. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames