By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch can play every 4K Scorpio/PS4 Pro game above 720p. Basic maths.

DonFerrari said:
I love that we can complaining about a game being souless when developed for 4k or even 1080p and that is acceptable and even liked by some people here.

I expected these people to keep watching movies in B&W soundless, because those movies had soul not these flicks of today.

To be fair, many movies are soulless nowadays and especially some of those which burn a lot of money for visuals because, yes, it's all about effects and/or explosions in these movies and the rest is thought about after it if at all. 

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
DonFerrari said:
I love that we can complaining about a game being souless when developed for 4k or even 1080p and that is acceptable and even liked by some people here.

I expected these people to keep watching movies in B&W soundless, because those movies had soul not these flicks of today.

To be fair, many movies are soulless nowadays and especially some of those which burn a lot of money for visuals because, yes, it's all about effects and/or explosions in these movies and the rest is thought about after it if at all. 

Yet I would bet you aren't watching silent movies in P&B

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Random_Matt said:
Chrizum said:

How is 1080p crappy for most people when most people have 1080p tv's at best? Seriously gamers are living in a bubble.

I guess i was referring to basement dwellers (PC gamers).

Is not crappy for anybody, is just that some people want to feel superior, 1080p is great, there should be more focus on getting the 60fps thing done right before going for more than 1080p

DonFerrari said:
crissindahouse said:

I do sometimes  

But I find your comparison a little bit exaggerated. What you do is comparing  crazy looking 4k games with Pong^^

DonFerrari said:
crissindahouse said:

In what kind of logic makes sense that if you are not seing a stupid hollywood blockbuster filled with special effects and tons of cliches you gotta be watching silent movies in B&W? There's a whole world in the middle.

Around the Network

When did Nintendo release full Switch specs?

think-man said:
vivster said:

59 minutes without car pushing.

Maybe some of us want to push cars xD how many games can you name that let you push your car?  Its a cutting edge feature 😂

Yeah, I love to push virtual cars in video games. Much more fun than pushing a real car!

Intrinsic said:
someone tell me this is a joke thread.

anyways, if 4k is a gimmick, then why even bother with 720p a all? they could have just stuck to 480p.

And why third parties would risk developing for scorpio/PS4pro? This one is simple....

Because by the Switch's first holiday season, there will be a combined install base of well over 100M consoles between the PS4 and XB1. Shocking I know, unless of course devs somehow forget that making a game for the PS4pro and scorpio also means that the game runs on the PS4 and XB1.

How many switches do you think would be in gamers hands by then?

480p on a 3DS sized screen would be fine, imo.

PS4(Pro) sure but creating/porting 4K assets for Scorpio seems risky and expensive. Far safer to down res and put it on a Nintendo portable instead.

Random_Matt said:
Chrizum said:

How is 1080p crappy for most people when most people have 1080p tv's at best? Seriously gamers are living in a bubble.

PC gamers tend to throw all the extra GPU power into high and stable framerate. The only games where low framerate would be preferred over increased resolution are RTS and nobody makes them anymore.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Goodnightmoon said:
DonFerrari said:

In what kind of logic makes sense that if you are not seing a stupid hollywood blockbuster filled with special effects and tons of cliches you gotta be watching silent movies in B&W? There's a whole world in the middle.

Madness! Do you have sources?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Goodnightmoon said:
Random_Matt said:

Is not crappy for anybody, is just that some people want to feel superior, 1080p is great, there should be more focus on getting the 60fps thing done right before going for more than 1080p

Will never happen, Sony & Microsoft are after the 4k meme when they can't even do 1080p 60fps right.

Honestly i'm fine with 1080p for 10 more years, just make 60 fps standard for every game.

oh well, at least there's PC for fast paced games.

I lost all hope for Sony's first party pro suport after learning Horizon won't have a 60 fps mode, just more resolution and effects.