By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Switch can play every 4K Scorpio/PS4 Pro game above 720p. Basic maths.

Ah, what would a morning be without some new thread all about fancy mathematics with dem good ol' Teraflops! Keep 'em coming! *sips coffee*

Ok, just my 2 cents: Modern game engines are highly scalable. And by that I mean scalable as fuck. Most of the more common engines wirk just fine on mobile devices as well as on high-end PCs. There is no technical hurdle in bringing any game to the Switch. If the devs really want to, they can do that. But it would need ressources, you need people do the porting, even if it's just scaling down the resolution. You still need to test that shit in the new hardware and there will be bugs which you have to remove etc. That process costs money. Publishers won't care if they see a chance to make a quick buck. But if the market researchers say there is no money to be made with GTA 6 on Switch, well tough luck, it won't be coming then. It all comes down to business questions, technology isn't an issue today. But oh well, that's just what I'm thinking, fuck me, right? Back to some more TERAFLOPS!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
think-man said:

720p in 2017 is not respectable.....It wasn't even respectable in 2013 lol XB1 has been getting hammered for playing games at 900p so what makes you think people are going to be okay with 720p?

It may not be respectable for the hordes of superficial graphics whores out there that play at 1m of their tvs, but for a lot of other gamers is just not that important at all, WiiU had several 720p games that look crisp, clear and beautiful, how is that "not respectable" for a real gamer?

^ Not respectful...

For me it's fine, but I would much rather be playing with better graphics. Acutally I like to pretend I don't care but I couldn't help but buy a ps4 pro because it offers FFXV in better graphics. I guess im a closet whore :(

This is a joke thread, right?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Intrinsic said:
someone tell me this is a joke thread.

anyways, if 4k is a gimmick, then why even bother with 720p a all? they could have just stuck to 480p.

And why third parties would risk developing for scorpio/PS4pro? This one is simple....

Because by the Switch's first holiday season, there will be a combined install base of well over 100M consoles between the PS4 and XB1. Shocking I know, unless of course devs somehow forget that making a game for the PS4pro and scorpio also means that the game runs on the PS4 and XB1.

How many switches do you think would be in gamers hands by then?

I hope at least 6 million

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

think-man said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It may not be respectable for the hordes of superficial graphics whores out there that play at 1m of their tvs, but for a lot of other gamers is just not that important at all, WiiU had several 720p games that look crisp, clear and beautiful, how is that "not respectable" for a real gamer?

^ Not respectful...

For me it's fine, but I would much rather be playing with better graphics. Acutally I like to pretend I don't care but I couldn't help but buy a ps4 pro because it offers FFXV in better graphics. I guess im a closet whore :(

Haha but I heard you have to push cars for two hours and fight monsters for three days. Is that true? #BlameConan

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

Another quality thread by pyro, I'm crying.

I seriously consider NS as a dangerous substance. Psychosis and delusion have been a common symptom in its fans.

m_csquare said:
I seriously consider NS as a dangerous substance. Psychosis and delusion have been a common symptom in its fans.

No. Lay off the good stuff and enjoy the NS for what it is. Have fun.

Eagle367 said:
think-man said:

Haha but I heard you have to push cars for two hours and fight monsters for three days. Is that true? #BlameConan

You Push a car for 1 minute lol