By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Pro sells roughly the same as the Slim's debut in Japan

Nice to know, 66% of something is roughly the same. I do know they are trying to say PS4 sells as well as when Slim launch, but that wording is horrible. 

Around the Network

What is going on?

Like, in the Japan-sales threads like COMG and the weekly Media Create threads I was hearing that the Pro wouldn't do well in Japan because they don't care about extra power, and now that the PS4 Pro sells 60-something-k, along with another 30k from the Slim, it's dissapointing?

*insert mindblown.gif*

Darwinianevolution said:
How many japanese-centric games are actually going to use the Pro powers? I mean, for people just wanting to play most of those games the Slim and the OG model are probably enough to play those.

That was my first thought, as well.  Many Japanese games don't even push the original PS4 and it's not like most people have giant televisions over there.  The Pro is aimed solidly at the west.

Good numbers, and with the release of ffxv and yakuza, the ps4 could have some great weeks ahead

Great numbers. The year of the ps4 in Japan continues!! Waaaaaaaay up YOY now and with yakuza 6 and FFXV bundles still to come it's going to be an awesome year!

Around the Network

Not fantastic numbers but still good ones.
I wasnt expecting the Pro to do that much in japan.

Those sales numbers are kinda meh. I know people will crucify me for it but it needs exclusives if Sony really wants to move units.

Teeqoz said:
What is going on?

Like, in the Japan-sales threads like COMG and the weekly Media Create threads I was hearing that the Pro wouldn't do well in Japan because they don't care about extra power, and now that the PS4 Pro sells 60-something-k, along with another 30k from the Slim, it's dissapointing?

*insert mindblown.gif*

Intrinsic said:
yvanjean said:
PS4 was such a huge success that people already own and are happy with their PS4, they're not going to upgrade to PS4 Slim or PS4 Pro.

I don't understand why a lot of people talk about console sales as if there aren't any new buyers anymore.

The PS4s isn't made so that people that already own PS4s will go out and buy it (in truth the og PS4 is actually better than the PS4s though the slim is more efficient). The PS4pro is more for PSfans and the new comers that want the best PS4 they can buy. 

Anyways, great numbers. I doubt Sony will care will PS4 sells more or less as long as they both sell. 

My thought as well

pokoko said:
Darwinianevolution said:
How many japanese-centric games are actually going to use the Pro powers? I mean, for people just wanting to play most of those games the Slim and the OG model are probably enough to play those.

That was my first thought, as well.  Many Japanese games don't even push the original PS4 and it's not like most people have giant televisions over there.  The Pro is aimed solidly at the west.

Many Japanese games like FFXV, Bloodborne, MGS5 are pushing the hardware to the limit and why shouldnt you buy the Pro in the first place if it is only 100$ more? All games benifit from higher resolution and framerate if they get patched even japanese games like World of Final Fanatasy if you play on a 4K display. A huge chunk of the Television manufactors are from Japan what makes you think that they dont have large Televisions over there? If anything Sony was the one who thought the Pro is only apealing to the West as they undersupplied it in relation to the UK